Old 03-16-2017, 03:00 AM   #561
VVV
Human being with feelings

Default Dial

Will it be possible to use this with the new Microsoft Dial?
VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:42 AM   #562
Lokasenna

If Cockos add support for it in Reaper, I'm happy to have a look.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #563
Naquela

Another great plugin
, i have a good ideia( i think) ,
i have a bcf2000 and it will easy to control the menu with 1 knob with button
Ex :
press button knob the call Radial menu then in the radial menu , rotate to select action , press chose/execute action , Easy and fast

Thx
Old 03-18-2017, 01:23 AM   #564
Luster

Although it sounds intuitive to use a rotary encoder to manage the radial menu I think it is limiting. With the mouse you move in an instant exactly in the direction you want. The encoder has travel way depending on start position. The only alternative which works at the same speed I can imagine is a joystick. That's what the camera manufactures discovered now: To shift the autofocus point (at least) they incorporate a joystick instead of the 4 way dials (which sometimes also had an encoder build within) to the right of the screen.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:58 AM   #565
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
Updated to 2.5.1.

New:
- 'back' command now returns to the previous menu
- 'base' command added, returns to original menu that Radial Menu opened on (either menu 0 or the current context's assigned menu) (aka the previous behavior)

Cheers to Sexan.
Great, thank you.
The way it's now ('back' returning to previous menu) is the way I hoped it gets implemented because when wanting go back to root menu I can just shortly release the RM trigger key and press again, great flow enhancer
(for me at least).
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:20 AM   #566
Naquela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster View Post
Although it sounds intuitive to use a rotary encoder to manage the radial menu I think it is limiting. With the mouse you move in an instant exactly in the direction you want. The encoder has travel way depending on start position. The only alternative which works at the same speed I can imagine is a joystick. That's what the camera manufactures discovered now: To shift the autofocus point (at least) they incorporate a joystick instead of the 4 way dials (which sometimes also had an encoder build within) to the right of the screen.
i understand .. if you have alot of action is crazy , but if you have the radial menu by context(track,item, etc) and you have a few actions its easy and fast.
just call the menu rotate and select
And the mind focus of the mouse hand keeps focus on the task you are doing , because you use another hand , i think that make sence .
sorry my ingles

Last edited by Naquela; 03-18-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Naquela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #567
Lokasenna

I can certainly look at adding a rotary mode. I'm not sure how to track MIDI input, though, so no promises.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:11 AM   #568
Luster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naquela View Post
just call the menu rotate and select
In the end you just scroll through a list with an encoder. Only two directions. So you remove the interface aspect of the Radial Menu and reduce it to a pure menu visualisation feature.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #569
Luster

@Lokasenna

I may be dumb - I can't find an option but remember that in one of the earlier builds when selecting a submenu the whole window got recentered around the mouse so the mouse movement can be more fluent. On the other hand the menu will wander around the screen and you have to be careful not to launch near a border of the screen. Can I somehow activate that old behaviour?
Old 03-18-2017, 10:38 AM   #570
Lokasenna

It does that for swiping, so you don't have to be as careful with your mouse movements. I can look at adding it as an option for normal use though.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #571
Naquela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster View Post
In the end you just scroll through a list with an encoder. Only two directions. So you remove the interface aspect of the Radial Menu and reduce it to a pure menu visualisation feature.
Yes , if i play with envelopes points i have my keycomands and the mouse actions , then i have radialmenu with the choices i like for that context .
thats why radial menu is powerfull , you can adjust to your preferences
Old 03-20-2017, 02:17 AM   #572
NextLevel

Lokasenna,

I just ran into a bit of a conundrum, don't know if you want to try and tackle this one or not?

So since we now have 3 mouse buttons that can be assigned per radial button I decided to assign LB to one action RB to another and MB to a toggle action.

I discovered that button color only changes if a tog action is assigned to LB. This led me to think, how nice it would be to have the color change possible for the other 2 mouse buttons as well.

Now, here is the "conundrum", what if all 3 buttons had tog actions assigned, how could this be represented?

Here is what I came up with, not sure if it's possible for you to program it this way? ...but here goes. Each button could have 3 zones (outer,middle,inner) which would change color according to the toggle states.

It'd be pretty slick if it could be done, but if it's too much work then don't bother.

Cheers
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:36 AM   #573
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
I discovered that button color only changes if a tog action is assigned to LB.
Whoops. Never even thought of that.

Quote:
Each button could have 3 zones (outer,middle,inner) which would change color according to the toggle states.
It's a good idea; I see two problems that would have to be gotten past.

1. The text uses current color of the button (normal, hover, toggle) to determine black/white text, but having separate zones would make that MUCH more complicated; right now there's only one color to worry about, but with multiple colors I'd have to look at pretty much every pixel. And it still wouldn't look good with letters that are over a zone edge.

2. Unless you've got something in the button's label like "L-CLICK|R-GRID|M-SNAP", it'd still be difficult to know what it IS that's toggled on.

I'm happy to add it, though, if we can come up with a reasonable solution.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:52 AM   #574
Lokasenna

Small update for Arthur McArthur.

In the Menu tab there's now a button to add the current menu as a separate action in the Action List, so you can map several different buttons to open different menus, etc.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #575
vanhaze

Thats great Lokasenna !
I am happy to see you're still adding new stuf into Radial Menu.

Wicked !
Old 04-01-2017, 06:04 PM   #576
typhonj

Hi Lokasenna

Always work until today, did update all of my Reapack scripts this morning (also seen that it happen to few other before)

It is not on my machine anymore and tried to 'manually' find it on Github but doesn't seems to be there(?)

Outstanding though. . . good job!!!
typhonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:09 PM   #577
Lokasenna

Oh, dumb mistake on my part. Give me five minutes to re-upload it.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:42 PM   #578
typhonj

All right, its OK now.

Thanks a lot. . . really appreciate it
typhonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:55 AM   #579
Curtis
Banned

Is there any information posted how to change an item in your Ramenu?
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:19 AM   #580
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
Run the action "Script: Lokasenna_Radial Menu Setup.lua", it should open the Setup window which has a "Help" tab.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:45 AM   #581
Lokasenna

Quote:
- Run the included Radial Menu Setup script
- Shift-click a button in the menu to edit it

See the Help tab for a list of commands you can assign to buttons, and a general explanation of how everything works.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:45 AM   #582
Robert Randolph

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Run the action "Script: Lokasenna_Radial Menu Setup.lua", it should open the Setup window which has a "Help" tab.
This script is amazing, but even after finding and attempting to use "Script: Lokasenna_Radial Menu Setup.lua", it is still a bit confusing to figure out how to change things.

I naturally want to click the item in the radial menu to select it for editing, but that runs the action instead. It took me a bit to see the status-bar at the bottom saying 'shift-click to edit'.

I think it would be a lot easier if it was 'click to edit' when in setup, and 'shift click to run action' instead. We are in setup after all, the main usage is going to be editing the menu, not running the actions.

p.s. Seriously, I mean this script is amazing. This is probably the coolest thing I've seen in any audio application. If you have a donation method, I'd gladly send you a beer's worth or two.

Edit: I'm an idiot. There's a donate button right in setup. Oops. These colours don't work too well for me

You've been donated, thank you.

Last edited by Robert Randolph; 04-03-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Robert Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:57 PM   #583
Curtis
Banned

I wanted change "record arm all tracks" to "record arm selected tracks"
So I typed that in the box that opened, now the function that did arm all tracks does nothing.

I looked at the help screen as some one said, there was no useful information there.

????
Old 04-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #584
Lokasenna

Quote:
I wanted change "record arm all tracks" to "record arm selected tracks"
So I typed that in the box that opened, now the function that did arm all tracks does nothing.

I looked at the help screen as some one said, there was no useful information there.

????
Did you change both the button's label (the text is just a label) and the action command?

(That particular action requires SWS. If you don't have it, you can just enter "9" for Toggle record arm for selected tracks)

I do apologize if the documentation isn't clear. Since I wrote the script it all makes sense to me, so it's hard to tell which things will be unclear for a new user.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:07 PM   #585
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
it is still a bit confusing to figure out how to change things.
I really wish I knew how to do video capture and make YouTube tutorials.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:03 PM   #586
Claudiohbsantos

Quote:
If you wanna try it out, OBS Studio Is a really easy to use open source screen capture program that I'm pretty sure can export h264 videos natively (which is the format you'll use for youtube). Sharex is also very powerful (and just all around a very handy tool). It's just a bit annoying because by default it's set to share whatever you capture with the world instantly, so you need to make sure to dig into the settings and turn off uploading by default.

Beware of spending a whole day making the tutorial though. It's really easy for time to just fly by as you try to get the perfect run.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:11 PM   #587
Curtis
Banned

Quote:
I got it now I was pasting the command text, I need to be pasting the command ID.

Also what is the left, right & center; that is in the actions.

Thanks for you response.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:45 AM   #588
nofish

Quote:
I think it would be a lot easier if it was 'click to edit' when in setup, and 'shift click to run action' instead. We are in setup after all, the main usage is going to be editing the menu, not running the actions.
Had this thought too, would be fine for me.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #589
Lokasenna

Quote:
Also what is the left, right & center; that is in the actions.
You can have separate action IDs assigned to a button for left, right, and middle mouse clicks.

Note: the "light up the button if an action is toggled on" behavior only applies to the left action, currently.

Quote:
My thinking is the exact opposite - aside from things that obviously can't work in Setup mode, like Swiping, to me the menu should be as fully-functional as possible in Setup so you can make sure everything works without having to exit and run the script.

I can look at adding an option to swap the Left and Shift+Left behaviors for Setup mode though.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #590
Robert Randolph

Quote:
My thinking is the exact opposite - aside from things that obviously can't work in Setup mode, like Swiping, to me the menu should be as fully-functional as possible in Setup so you can make sure everything works without having to exit and run the script.

I can look at adding an option to swap the Left and Shift+Left behaviors for Setup mode though.
As I said... if I'm opening up the setup menu, it's because I want to set up the script. Not because I want to use it

You can use it in the background just fine while the setup window is open.

Thank you for considering the change though. I don't wish to argue, just make my point a bit more clear.

---

Would it be possible to make swiping more sensitive? I move my mouse somewhat slowly if I want to be accurate, and the current swipe values make it difficult for me to be accurate AND trigger the swipe.

I suppose what I really want is basically "Mouseover to trigger" rather than swipe, where simply mousing over an item triggers it like clicking would.

Last edited by Robert Randolph; 04-04-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #591
Lokasenna

a) Have you fiddled with all of the swipe settings? If I set them to their most sensitive positions here I have trouble *not* triggering a swipe when I move the cursor.

b) In Options you can allow buttons to be clicked by hovering over them for a specified length of time, if that helps.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:45 AM   #592
Lokasenna

Quote:
I don't wish to argue, just make my point a bit more clear.
Not a problem at all. Constructive criticism is always necessary.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:00 PM   #593
Robert Randolph

Quote:
a) Have you fiddled with all of the swipe settings? If I set them to their most sensitive positions here I have trouble *not* triggering a swipe when I move the cursor.

b) In Options you can allow buttons to be clicked by hovering over them for a specified length of time, if that helps.
A) Yes. There's an issue with this though that I forget about until I tried it again.

As you can see, when I swipe with really sensitive settings like I want (with trigger actions as well), it instantly selects the action that corresponds to the top-level menu's location.

So if I swipe left, whatever action is on the left in the next page gets triggered.

Even with the most sensitive settings I still don't get swipes sometimes. Maybe you can confirm that these settings are correct:

B) Same issue above. It instantly triggers the corresponding action/sub-menu.

I totally missed that option originally though!

If 'hover' worked, then this would be the solution that I'm after.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #594
Lokasenna

Hmm. I could have sworn I added a check to keep the hover-click from doing that. I'll look into it.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:03 AM   #595
foxp2

Hello,
The window is rapidly opening and closing when I open Radial Menu.
I've installed your script and the number is 97. Shortcut is A. (Windows 7 64 bits)

Last edited by foxp2; 04-05-2017 at 05:31 AM.
foxp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #596
Lokasenna

@Robert Randolph:

- Try turning your Stop Sensitivity way down. Maybe my wording in the script is vague; the lower the slider setting, the more "firmly" the mouse has to stop before it will trigger an action. Because you have it cranked all the way up, you barely have to slow the mouse down at all to make it trigger - if I swipe over "Add new track" with Stop Sens. turned up I can add ten tracks with one slow, continuous swipe because it keeps seeing a new swipe.

- When you tried the Hover option, did you turn swiping off? It works fine here.

- You could also expand your swipe threshold (the purple ring) a bit, that might help.

@foxp2:

That sucks.

- Does it do the same thing if you bind it to other keys?

- In the Setup script, Options tab, try increasing the value for "if no key is detected" to something like 1000ms and see if that fixes it. If it does, you can decrease it a little, try again, and repeat until you find the lowest it will go.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:07 AM   #597
Robert Randolph

Quote:
@Robert Randolph:
- Try turning your Stop Sensitivity way down. Maybe my wording in the script is vague; the lower the slider setting, the more "firmly" the mouse has to stop before it will trigger an action. Because you have it cranked all the way up, you barely have to slow the mouse down at all to make it trigger - if I swipe over "Add new track" with Stop Sens. turned up I can add ten tracks with one slow, continuous swipe because it keeps seeing a new swipe.
Even with stop sensitivity at 10%, it still often double-triggers with the settings shown.

For example if I swipe to "Track" which is middle right, it will instantly add a new track (also middle right).

I've also noticed that sometimes nothing will happen except I get a new GUI with the top-level menu.

I can make animated gifs or video of this in action if it helps.

Quote:
@Robert Randolph:
- When you tried the Hover option, did you turn swiping off? It works fine here.
Yes. No difference.

Quote:
@Robert Randolph:
- You could also expand your swipe threshold (the purple ring) a bit, that might help.
I have it expanded to 100px now. Same issues.

I also wish to mention that if the GUI is already at a screen edge, and you trigger in the direction of that screen edge, you will get a double-trigger.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:17 AM   #598
foxp2

It has worked when I've uninstalled Reachorder...!
Old 04-05-2017, 12:42 PM   #599
Lokasenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxp2 View Post
It has worked when I've uninstalled Reachorder...!
That's bizarre, but at least it works. Was ReaChorder running at the same time or something?

----------------------

Quote:
Even with stop sensitivity at 10%, it still often double-triggers with the settings shown.
Weird. I can only reproduce what you're seeing if I turn both sensitivity values all the way up.

Quote:
I can make animated gifs or video of this in action if it helps.
It can't hurt. Additionally, just because I haven't asked - if you put the settings back to their defaults (double-click each slider), does it behave correctly? How far are you able to increase the sensitivities before it starts being weird?

Do you have your computer's mouse speed set really slow or really fast? I suppose it's possible for some weird interaction there.

Quote:
I also wish to mention that if the GUI is already at a screen edge, and you trigger in the direction of that screen edge, you will get a double-trigger.
I also can't reproduce that; for now, let's chalk it up to being the same problem as above and we'll see how far we get.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #600
foxp2

No, Reachorder was not running...
Thanks a lot for your work, it's a very great script!