Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 04-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
NowoTone
Human being with feelings

Default Three original rock songs: Kristallpalast, Counting out time, & You can relax

Here are three more songs I created with Reaper. As my virtual band project is currently on hiatus, I decided to re-record old favourites from my vaults. I wanted to give my old personal favourites the technical treatment they deserve. Most of these were recorded with a 4-track Tascam Portastudio and are lacking in finesse. Now I have the means (thanks, Cockos) to record them how I always wanted them to sound. One of my goals was to use either some of the old recordings or at least have a similar instrumentation

1) Kristallpalast
https://soundcloud.com/nowotone/kristallpalast
"Kristallpalast" is the only song I've written with German lyrics, ever. It's the oldest one from this set, written originally in December 1985. It is also the only song from this collection which is not re-recorded. I couldn't see then how I could create it the way I wanted. Since I forgot what that was, I could now start from scratch on this one.

2) Counting out time
https://soundcloud.com/nowotone/counting-out-time
The first song I re-recorded for my "Ancient Gems" project, "Counting out time" was originally written in early 1986 and first recorded by my pop project "steno" in 1988. The connecting element between both versions is the marimba motif in the verses. This song is also the counterpart to Kristallpalast - both songs' lyrics written using the stream of consciousness method with similar results of lyrical content. So go and search for your very own deeper meaning!

3) You can relax
https://soundcloud.com/nowotone/you-can-relax
Another "steno" song I re-recorded for my "Ancient Gems" project. "You can relax" was originally written in 1987 and first recorded by this pop project in 1988. I slowed the song down a little for this version, added piano, brought in the drums a lot earlier, and added a guitar solo. Apart from that, it is very similar to the original version, but in much better quality. The "mechanical" noise starting and ending the song was sampled from the original track, as I don't have the Roland D-50 with which this was created, anymore.

As ever, feedback and tips for improvement are always welcome!

Last edited by NowoTone; 04-27-2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Added song names to title
NowoTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:01 AM   #2
slooky

You Can Relax-Very nice! nicely done!
slooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
NowoTone

Thanks, Slooky, much appreciated!