Old 05-12-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
russianpolecat
Human being with feelings

Default Flatter theme not showing up...

Hi, Reaper newbie - my first post .

Just trying to get my head around using this sequencer (long time Cubase user) and what not, including the themes.

I like this one

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/658/Flatter

However, as with a couple of posts on the stash, the theme is not showing up in options/themes and whenever I drag it straight into Reaper I get Classic 1.x instead. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
russianpolecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:29 PM   #2
xpander

That theme is not packed correctly for it to work straight away. What you'll need to do is to open the downloaded package, go inside the Flatter folder, take the stuff from inside it out and then zip them again as a new package. Then rename that package Flatter.ReaperThemeZip.

Going the other way around, your Flatter.ReaperThemeZip has to have inside it the Flatter.ReaperTheme file and a folder (named Flatter) which has all the images and the rtconfig file inside it.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:16 PM   #3
russianpolecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
That theme is not packed correctly for it to work straight away. What you'll need to do is to open the downloaded package, go inside the Flatter folder, take the stuff from inside it out and then zip them again as a new package. Then rename that package Flatter.ReaperThemeZip.

Going the other way around, your Flatter.ReaperThemeZip has to have inside it the Flatter.ReaperTheme file and a folder (named Flatter) which has all the images and the rtconfig file inside it.
Hi xpander, thanks for your reply. However, I'm not quite sure what you mean -

I downloaded the theme again from the stash and put the Flatter.ReaperTheme and the Flatter folder into a zip archive that I created on my desktop and then renamed the zip archive Flatter.ReaperThemeZip. When I unzipped it I still had the same problem as before.

EDIT

It's working now! Thanks!

Chris

Last edited by russianpolecat; 05-13-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:24 PM   #4
xpander

You're welcome Chris, glad you got it working. I probably didn't make it clear enough that once you have made the the Flatter.ReaperThemeZip package, that will be the working theme. No need to unzip it again unless you are going to edit the theme.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:30 PM   #5
russianpolecat

Hi xpander, your instructions were clear enough, I've not altered a file extension before that's all. Anyway, we got there in the end

Chris