Old 01-16-2014, 04:59 AM   #1
geoslake
Human being with feelings

Default Could someone make a JS virtual control surface for me ?

Hi

Could you please have a look at this thread ?
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=133683

I know I can use Ctrl or the Remote Control from Blue Cat audio, but I would like to use Reaper only components.

Don't know how much work it would represent, or even if it would be doingable, would pay a few bucks for this...

Thanks
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
SaulT

Are you looking for a control surface to map to external hardware, or solely within Reaper?

What kind of messages should the control surface be able to send?

This would be an interesting and potentially very cool project...
SaulT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #3
geoslake

Hi SaulT (and thanks for your js stuff btw, using your limiter often).

Within Reaper only.
It would receive midi CC from my keyboard, and send, ehhhm, whatever the various plugins need (ideally I would use the "learn" function on the vst, then move the knob on the virtual control surface...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulT View Post
Are you looking for a control surface to map to external hardware, or solely within Reaper?

What kind of messages should the control surface be able to send?

This would be an interesting and potentially very cool project...
Old 01-17-2014, 02:25 AM   #4
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoslake View Post
It would receive midi CC from my keyboard, and send, ehhhm, whatever the various plugins need (ideally I would use the "learn" function on the vst, then move the knob on the virtual control surface...)
That sounds like controlling a VST from a plugin that is controlled from your keyboard. So why put a plugin between the VST and your keyboard? If anything, it sounds more like a 'mapper' then anything else.

Now for SaulT's suggestion, having a control-screen in Reaper for external hardware, that would be uber-cool and a direct reason for me to hook up my (currently abandoned/shelved) Kawai K1-rII and some other stuff I have laying around
technogremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:17 AM   #5
geoslake

Quote:
Originally Posted by technogremlin View Post
That sounds like controlling a VST from a plugin that is controlled from your keyboard. So why put a plugin between the VST and your keyboard?
Because this plugin would allow me to have everything in a single place (I would maybe include sliders to control track volumes), but most importantly :

- It would let me see how my hardware knobs are mapped for a specific project, without having to check some notes or put an overlay on my pcr-1

- It would show me how should I start the project, regarding knobs position. Say I have a knob assigned to cutoff, but I want the project to start with the cutoff set to about 50%, the plugin would load up with the desired knobs positions, and I would just have to move the knobs which require it on my pcr-1, to match those (to avoid the parameter "jump" issue).