Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 01-09-2016, 11:21 PM   #1
aquawormhole
Human being with feelings

Default r5 constantly losing audio (no sound from audio interface)

On pc reaper is a dream, but on mac i found r5 to be slow and unstable.
My biggest problem right now is r5 constantly losing audio. I can see the meters going in reaper, but there is no sound from my sound card. This happens every couple of minutes, sometimes even seconds.

I'm pretty sure reaper is causing these issues because no other daw gives me this problem (live, logic and reason).
I have mac 10.9 with apogee ensemble fully upgraded drivers and firmware.

thankyou
aquawormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:26 PM   #2
aquawormhole

it seems to happen most often when loading plugins. Doesn't matter which plugin.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:40 PM   #3
The_Nimaj

Whats your routing setup within Reaper? and for the sake of completeness what is your routing setup throughout the system (like, are you using aggregate devices, what is/are you output device(s) in system prefs as well as in Reaper).

Also I'd check to make sure the routing in the plugin is correct. I'm reaching around here since you say it drops out intermittently...
Old 01-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #4
aquawormhole

Hi

I don't have any routing, it's just straight up, audio card selected in devices with just 4 audio tracks that all ready gives trouble.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:30 PM   #5
meech

I'm having a similar issue right now, Mac OS 10.9.5.

Sometime when hitting play I hear nothing. Reaper is processing stuff; the meters are going on all the tracks and even the master, but nothing coming out of my interface (UA Apollo). It seems random, and I have to try 10-60 seconds till it starts making sound again. No other DAWs are doing this.
meech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:22 PM   #6
Xane002

+1

I was just coming to the forum to start a new topic on the matter, and saw this one.

So - Macbook Early 2011, OSX 10.10.5, i5 2.3GHz, 8gig RAM, running the latest Reaper, Presonus FP10 firewire interface. Although, this happened in R4 too. As well, I don't have this experience with other DAWs.

To keep matters clear, before I press play, I can hear live audio routing through the inputs, and when I hit play, intermittently, the audio cuts out. Faders still show processing, but I need to change the audio device from the FP10 to something else (internal), then back to the FP10 to restore audio.

I've experimented with disk buffers, and latency, and several other settings and I cannot eliminate the problem, and I can't predict when it will happen.

It seems that normally, there's a process when hitting play where Reaper will quickly drop audio momentarily, then restore - all within a second or less. That seems to be normal operations.

The question I have is: what is happening in Reaper when hitting play? What's that transition from idle to playback that is taking place? Are there any adjustments for that moment in time when randomly, something goes screwy and audio does not return?
Xane002 is offline   Reply With Quote