Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 01-25-2016, 06:27 AM   #1
Tony Tolvon
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI device offset not working

I have a 40ms delay when I play MIDI parts from Reaper and record back the audio from my synth. (Access Virus B) After reading through lots of threads, I reason that in the -MIDI device preferences, -Configure MIDI output, -Offset output to this device by: ...is the way to handle this?

I have tried values from 400ms to -400 ms, but it only have an affect with positive numbers which gives a greater delay on the audio recorded. It is as if it does not respond or work with negative values.

Any ideas? I have tried to meddle with most settings after searching this forum for midi latency issues.

Thanks!
Tony Tolvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #2
Dstruct

Try using the offset setting on the Audio/Recording Preferences page. Negative values will work there for sure.
Dstruct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #3
ELP

The one and only that really work and don´t produce (pdc) latency is:

Nudge the involved MIDI Items which goes to extern a little bit (ms, smpl or whatever you need) in front and adjust the little Item Snap for offsets so, that you can work with the grid-snap.
REAPER has no Track offsets

I work a lot with extern MIDI and that is also the reason why i am, since 32 years or so , never ever begin at timeline 1.1.000.

1.1.000-Setup; 2.1.000-Song begin.... so I can always move things in front.

technically the MIDI "-" offsets within the Device Setup can only works up to max -1 Audio Buffersize and + offsets for MIDI to extern is bullshit. Who need + offsets for extern MIDI devices -nobody ^^