Old 01-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
cockOHS
Human being with feelings

Default are there ways to:

1. EXPORT TIME SIGNATURE'S TO A MIDI FILE FOR IMPORT INTO OTHER DAWS? thing is i haven't seen tempo mapping as easy as the one in reaper. once you get the macro down (thanks bevosss!) it's as easy as pie. the other thing is the only samplers i have are the ones that came with logic so i have to work there with the tempo mapped file.

2. SELECT STUFF ON THE RULER AREA SUCH AS MARKERS, TIME SIGNATURE NODES? it's kind of a drag to have to go to the marker list, right click, select "delete all markers" instead of selecting all the markers in one fell swoop and delete. OR worse, having to delete, one by one, the time signature nodes.

3. CHANGE SCROLLING BEHAVIOUR WITH THE TRACK PAD. right now it's like touch screen mode, i.e. scrolling rightward on the trackpad moves items to the right and brings me towards the start of the session. while being the most logical, it's the opposite of PT and logic which are the DAWs i was weaned on and still go back to from time to time when i haven't done the groundwork for a particular task in reaper yet.

thanks,

c
cockOHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
skmando

I can answer question 3.

Yes.

I have macbook pro with touchpad. I have set it up so it navigates similar to other apps, like Firefox and Word (not sure how PT and Logic behave on trackpad, only used them with mouse), with two finger swipe scrolling vertically and horizontally.

To do this:

in actions menu, select the action VIEW: SCROLL HORIZONTALLY. Under SHORTCUTS FOR SELECTED ITEM choose "add".

Now click on the shortcut section in the next window that appears, and do the motion you want to assign for scrolling, in my case two finger swipe along horizontal.

Now do the same thing for the action VIEW: SCROLL VERTICALLY (except changing the motion to vertical two finger swipe).

Trackpad should now control both scroll left/right and up/down.

One thing I also did, which has sped up my use of the trackpad no-end, is use a modifier key to add zoom to the trackpad as well, using the same two finger swipe. So two finger swipe is scroll, apple + two finger swipe is zoom, both vertical and horizontal.

I'm sure someone "in the know" will chime in with answers to your first two questions
skmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
skmando

btw, questions 1 & 2 aren't mac specific, so might be worth posting under the general discussion section rather than just the mac section, as this gets way less hits then the general section and the answer will be the same on the mac version as the pc version.

S.

(i was gonna edit this sentence, as it's ridiculously long and very poorly constructed. But in my inebriated state, it's kinda grown on me. I think I'll leave it......)

Last edited by skmando; 01-01-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: blah
skmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:58 AM   #4
cockOHS

Thanks. I'll copy paste the questions 1 & 2 to the general forum.
cockOHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
axel_ef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockOHS View Post
1. EXPORT TIME SIGNATURE'S TO A MIDI FILE FOR IMPORT INTO OTHER DAWS? thing is i haven't seen tempo mapping as easy as the one in reaper. once you get the macro down (thanks bevosss!) it's as easy as pie. the other thing is the only samplers i have are the ones that came with logic so i have to work there with the tempo mapped file.
c
If you want only tempomap export to a midifile you can do this,

-make a track named tempo
-insert an empty item and put one note on it
-make your time signature changes
-select tempo track only
-export project mdi (see picture)
Attached Images
File Type: png Bildschirmfoto 2011-01-19 um 17.24.41.png (46.0 KB, 205 views)
axel_ef is online now   Reply With Quote