Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
GMaq
Human being with feelings

Default Inclusion of Reaper on AV Linux LiveDVD

Hello,

I am the developer of AV Linux a Linux distribution specializing in Multimedia Content Creation. http://www.bandshed.net/AVLinux.html

Recently I was approached by the German "Beat" Magazine to create a special "Beat" Edition of AV Linux on a LiveDVD for a series of Linux Audio workshops to be conducted in April. Uniquely this LiveDVD will contain various demo-ware applications like Renoise 2.5 and some Linux native VST Plugins like the Loomer series and DiscoDSP Discovery Synthesizer.

AV Linux has always been Reaper ready with WineASIO and Wine included, I was wondering how feasible going the extra step to include a demo version of Reaper ready to run would be, and if the key developers would be interested in such an avenue to market Reaper to a growing Linux Audio user base.

As you are probably aware LiveDVD media will allow the Operating System to run from a DVD with no changes to the existing System in a fully operational context (albeit with some speed constraints).

To recap the LiveDVD comes full of Open Source offerings like Ardour, Rosegarden and Qtractor and additionally Renoise 2.5 and I have recently gotten permission from the developers of EnergyXT as well. It would only seem fitting to have Reaper along for appraisal as well, however that's your call.

If there is any interest in this please reply to this thread and we can work out emails etc. as needed. Thank you for your time and consideration.

I should clarify that the deadline for the Beat magazine has passed, so this would be for future versions, unfortunately there was not sufficient time to contact Reaper before the deadline.

Glen MacArthur, developer/maintainer AV Linux

Last edited by GMaq; 03-22-2010 at 03:35 PM.
GMaq is offline   Reply With Quote