Old 09-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
ASCap
Human being with feelings

Default All MIDI CCs move in Time Selection

When there is no time selection, I am able to adjust my MIDI CC events fine, like velocity or mod wheel. However, when they happen to be in a time selection, they all move together when I only select 1 event and try moving it up and down. When I try to move 1 event left or right, they all move only to the left.

Anyone else encounter this? Does this qualify as a bug?

Even when there happens to be a time selection, you should still be able to adjust MIDI control messages independently of each other, as you are always able to select a group of them whenever you want...

How To: Sync Finale and REAPER using MTC (PDF)
ASCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:22 AM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

In the MIDI editor's Options menu disable "Auto-select CC when moving/copying within time selection".

I do see what looks like unexpected restrictions of left/right movement when this otion is enabled. I think it's because it takes empty space to the left and right of the first/last CC inside the time selection into account - in other words it's trying to copy/move the entire length of the time selection, including the empty space.
Seems to be intended, but feels unexpected, especially if the time selection spans the whole item and thus CC can't be moved left/right at all, even if it's just a small bunch of events in the middle of the item.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
ASCap
Human being with feelings

Thanks! That helps. I am still getting to know all of REAPER's options and menus.

How To: Sync Finale and REAPER using MTC (PDF)
ASCap is offline   Reply With Quote