Old 12-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
demetrisag
Human being with feelings

Default anybody with babyface?

I didnt know exactly where to put that but I have question. I recently ordered babyface rme. so I will try to keep it simple.

When I play my guitar through the totalmix (both of them acoustic and electric) through the totalmix, no reaper opened. it just sounds so... beautiful, so full, detail in everything.

So when I open reaper and preview the sound through reapers mixer, no effects or anything just like totalmix. somehow I lose all the extra quality I had back at the totalmix.. heck my acoustic even sound horrible whereas on totalmix so beautiful (its a martin in any case)

Anybody could help? I posted as well on rme forum but did not get any asnwer yet
demetrisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetrisag View Post
I didnt know exactly where to put that but I have question. I recently ordered babyface rme. so I will try to keep it simple.

When I play my guitar through the totalmix (both of them acoustic and electric) through the totalmix, no reaper opened. it just sounds so... beautiful, so full, detail in everything.

So when I open reaper and preview the sound through reapers mixer, no effects or anything just like totalmix. somehow I lose all the extra quality I had back at the totalmix.. heck my acoustic even sound horrible whereas on totalmix so beautiful (its a martin in any case)

Anybody could help? I posted as well on rme forum but did not get any asnwer yet
you'll have to turn off monitoring in totalmix at the same time. You're likely hearing it doubled with a slight delay causing comb filtering.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
demetrisag

i wish that was the problem.. if i leave monitoring on, inside the mess i also hear the sound I like to hear.

Though it isnt. monitoring is off from totalmix. its purely the sound i get from my host

Last edited by demetrisag; 12-17-2011 at 10:47 AM.
demetrisag is offline   Reply With Quote