Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 04-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
daveyboy
Human being with feelings

Default AU virtual instruments supported in Reaper?

I'm VERY new so please excuse my ignorance in regards to Reaper. I tried to get a few VIs working tonight. I only got a reaper VST vi and 1 NI VI (pro53)to work. Previously tried BFD2 and NI Electric piano AUs but couldn't get any sound. I could see I was triggering the notes as the keyboard on the NI plug was moving. Anyway, I had the working VI track (reaper synth) and the au stuff setup the same and am getting audio. This is the latest mac beta BTW. Anyway, looking forward to making some noise with this, but maybe certain things aren't supported yet. Thanks.
daveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
parr

I've used some au instruments: ezdrummer, kontakt, and all of them work fine. It seems that you have selected the input correctly, since midi goest to the VI's. Did you activate the monitor option?
parr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #3
daveyboy

I guess it's obvious, but, some things work and others don't. When using a mono instance of Waves GTR3 I get a stereo output, but only one side is being processed by the plug in. When I use the vst version it works correctly. BFD2 AU just doesn't seem to work, but Battery 3 does. I guess one has to just go through their setup to see what's supported at this point as it is a beta version, correct?
Dave , Reaper 4.10 64 bit, OS X.6.7, intel 8 core 2.8 xeon, 10 gbs ram, Logic 9.1.5, DP 7.24, PT 9.0.5, Apogee Symphony, UAD 2 quad, pro studio in LA great for composers and producers www.recordla.com

Last edited by daveyboy; 04-26-2009 at 07:19 AM.
daveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
bennals

Yep, the developers have stated that plug-in support is the main thing keeping the mac version in beta. That said, the vast majority of my plugs work ok, even if it is just the VST or just the AU. Graphics glitches with some of them, but on the whole, it's not stopping me working.

Bill.