Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 05-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
Fragile
Human being with feelings

Default Celemony ARA - official Celemony answer...

Dear Fragile,

ARA is not exclusive for any DAW. Studio One was simply the first DAW this technology was integrated into by the corresponding manufacturer. I would recommend to send an email to the makers of Reaper to request ARA. The more people asking for it, the higher likely other DAW manufacturers will follow what Presonus did already.

Best wishes,
Jörg Hüttner
Fragile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
digaldeman

I didn't understand your post at first but now I get it...this was an email reply to you from Celemony.

Before we start bugging Justin, I wonder how much it will cost Cockos.
digaldeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
lxm

thisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebu gginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustin thisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebu gginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustin thisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebu gginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustin thisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebu gginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustin thisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebu gginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustin thisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebu gginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustin thisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebu gginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustin thisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebu gginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustin thisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebu gginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustin thisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebu gginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustin thisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebu gginjustinthisismebugginjustinthisismebugginjustin thisismebugginjustin

lxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=90092

More on the topic when you copy+paste this into the Google search box:

ara site:http://forum.cockos.com

Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:58 AM   #5
beatbybit

"REAPER's AudioAccessor is almost identical to how the "audio random access" works in ARA, and if we do implement ARA it will use the existing AudioAccessor interface." - schwa

i hope its not if, but when.

sooo, its up to Cockos now?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
musicbynumbers

I'd love to see this at some point

Also, Perhaps we can also get Schwa to get his spectro plugin http://www.stillwellaudio.com/?page_id=32 to also be put straight on to an item and edited graphically from the arrange page that would be cool!
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
Fragile

Quote:
Originally Posted by digaldeman View Post
Before we start bugging Justin, I wonder how much it will cost Cockos.
I guess, it will cost nothing to Cockos (except developing time). ARA doesn't mean that Melodyne should be built into Reaper. It's just a technology. If ARA will be implemented into Reaper and I will buy Melodyne and install it as a plugin, then it will work just in same way to Studio One.

In other way, if there will be Melodyne built in Reaper and it'll be done only for Full License owners then I'll just buy full license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=90092
More on the topic when you copy+paste this into the Google search box:
ara site:http://forum.cockos.com
Sorry. I just remember this thread was in Pre-Release forum, so I made this one.
Fragile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
Quest The Wordsmith

If we already have AudioAccessor in Reaper, whats the Reason for implementing ARA? Is it just to be able to use Melodyne in Reaper? Also, what other plugins support ARA? I was reading here that ARA needs to be supported both by the plugin and the DAW. I know Studio One 2 is the only DAW at the moment, but I'm wondering other than Melodyne, what other plugs support/use ARA?