Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 01-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #561
zookthespook
Human being with feelings

awesome work !
Put a donation tab along the Reapack against script a user would like to donate for ..
zookthespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #562
cfillion

ReaPack v1.2beta1

Quote:
Added:
* archive: implement import/export of the current package set for offline use
* linux: initial port (64-bit only)

Changed:
* browser: add ellipsis on the pkg count button to hint at its menu (#18)
* download: redesign thread scheduling logic
* download: reuse HTTP connections when possible
* download: write data directly to disk when applicable
* import: trim leading and trailing whitespace from user input [p=1799229]
* manager: remove extra ellipsis on the Browse packages button
* ostream: trim trailing whitespace from changelog lines

Fixed:
* download: don't report garbage as error in some edge cases
* path: avoid repeated slashes when concatenating path segments
* serializer: fix crash when reading empty window settings on macOS 10.8 [p=1794205]
* task: abort download of subsequent files after a single failure
* task: fix cancelled downloads being considered as sucessful installation
* transaction: do not start the next batch of tasks when cancelled
* transaction: don't propose to uninstall obsolete packages from protected repos
Import/export offline archive

This feature is for transferring a set of installed packages from a REAPER installation to another. Install/update stuff on an internet-enabled computer, use "Export offline archive" then go to the offline computer and do "Import offline archive".

Native Linux build

Download: reaper_reapack64.so

The linux port requires WDL/SWELL to be built with this patch to work correctly: lv-getnextitem-istart-64c16e60884479faba68e8a22e4644806b1244d0.patch.
A pre-built patched libSwell.so for Arch Linux can be downloaded here: http://files.cfillion.tk/reapack/v1....ux/libSwell.so.

Documentation in the about dialog is disabled unless I can figure out how to render RTF on the GTK/SWELL-based UI. (help is welcome)

Download optimizations

Download are much faster in this version thanks to the rewritten thread scheduling code and the re-usage of connections!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqtpYnfvwVo

Last edited by cfillion; 03-01-2017 at 10:08 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #563
Coachz

For anyone wanting the list in Excel form so you can print them out. See attached. 15 screenshots to ocr. yay :-) there may be some ocr errors but this will hopefully be useful.

Last edited by Coachz; 08-15-2023 at 07:04 AM.
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:59 AM   #564
Anomaly

Greetings,

I'm unable to install reapack-index 1.1-1 because the infinite reboot loop problem. On the download page it says this issue has been fixed?

Using windows 7 x64

Cheers
Old 03-31-2017, 02:30 AM   #565
cfillion

It should have been fixed, or so I thought (it's the second time)... Can you try the debug version I sent to MPL in this post? https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1789908
Old 03-31-2017, 08:01 AM   #566
Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
It should have been fixed, or so I thought (it's the second time)... Can you try the debug version I sent to MPL in this post? https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1789908
I tried it and it behaved the same.
It seems like it's the ruby installation that that is getting stuck into loop. After first reboot, it tries to install ruby again, even though it's already installed?
Old 03-31-2017, 02:50 PM   #567
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
I tried it and it behaved the same.
Yes (in fact it doesn't even have the "fix" of the v1.1-1 installer), but it created a ReaPackIndexDebug file on the desktop with relevant information (just say no when it asks to reboot). Please send me that so I can look into the problem.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:18 AM   #568
Anomaly

Quote:
Yes (in fact it doesn't even have the "fix" of the v1.1-1 installer), but it created a ReaPackIndexDebug file on the desktop with relevant information (just say no when it asks to reboot). Please send me that so I can look into the problem.
Oops, sorry. I was too hasty to read properly.

I hope this helps:

======= HELLO WORLD =======

PATH BEFORE: C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32 \Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\; C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\.dnx\bin; C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\;C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\np m

RUBY BEFORE: 'ruby' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

USER PATH: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\npm

SetEnvironmentVariable: 1

PATH AFTER: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\npm

RUBY AFTER: 'ruby' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

======= HELLO WORLD =======

PATH BEFORE: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\npm

RUBY BEFORE: 'ruby' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

USER PATH: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\npm

SetEnvironmentVariable: 1

PATH AFTER: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\npm

RUBY AFTER: 'ruby' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
Old 04-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #569
cfillion

From that log it looks like the Ruby installer did not add Ruby's directory to your PATH environment variable. Perhaps it was already installed before with the "add to PATH" option disabled? (http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/)
reapack-index's installer should pick it up if you manually add the directory containing Ruby's executables to your PATH variable. Usually it's "C:\Ruby23\bin".

Another solution is to install it manually with the "gem install reapack-index" command, but on Windows it's a bit cumbersome as the dependency to rugged must be built from source (if you go down this route, see here for pre-built 32 and 64-bit versions).

(You didn't specify whether you wanted to create your own repository, but just in case you didn't already know: installing reapack-index is not necessary for contributing to the public ReaTeam repositories.)

Last edited by cfillion; 04-01-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:47 PM   #570
cfillion

ReaPack v1.2beta2

Quote:
Added:
* add support for project templates, track templates and midi note names [p=1823893]
* add support for the MIDI Inline Editor section [p=1829130]
* api: create AboutInstalledPackage
* api: create AboutRepository
* api: create AddSetRepository
* api: create BrowsePackages
* api: create CompareVersions
* api: create EnumOwnedFiles
* api: create FreeEntry
* api: create GetEntryInfo
* api: create GetOwner
* api: create GetRepositoryInfo
* browser: add Web Interfaces, Project & Track Templates and MIDI Note Names to the menu
* config: add a setting to control the refresh rate of cached indexes
* import: add a "Discover repositories..." button opening https://reapack.com/repos
* import: allow multiline input, support importing many repos at once

Fixed:
* about: fix positionning of link buttons on resize
* download: fix a possible crash when a finished download is cancelled
* fix a possible race condition when downloading indexes
* manager: don't synchronize uninstalled/disabled repos when enabling auto-install mode
* report every repository loading error together in the same popup

Changed:
* archive: list missing files on export if any
* browser: always show "no repo enabled" message when manually triggering a browser refresh
* browser: reload whenever a repo index is downloaded
* import: preserve auto-install setting when overwriting an existing repository
* import: synchronize newly imported repo when autoinstall is enabled
* listview: optimize insertion of items when view is sorted
* manager: make the window bigger by default
* report: don't show "All Done" message when there are only errors
* transaction: load cached index if possible after a download failure
* win32: update boost, curl and sqlite to latest
* win32: update to Visual Studio 2017's C++ compiler and runtime libraries
Here's how to open the documentation of the current script with the new API functions:
Code:
local DOCUMENTATION_TAB = 0

local current_file = ({reaper.get_action_context()})[2]
local entry = reaper.ReaPack_GetOwner(current_file)
reaper.ReaPack_AboutInstalledPackage(entry, DOCUMENTATION_TAB)
reaper.ReaPack_FreeEntry(entry)
Offline ReaPack users might want to uncheck the new setting "Refresh index cache when older than one week" in Manage repositories > Network settings to avoid getting download errors when opening the browser/about dialogs.

An update to reapack-index will follow soon(ish) to keep up with the new features added to ReaPack in this release (namely the new package types & midi inline editor support).

Last edited by cfillion; 06-06-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #571
X-Raym

Interesting updates !

I wonder what possibility open this API functions

Thanks for your work !!!
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #572
Claudiohbsantos

This is to cfillion or any of you guys who are more familiar with reapack-index than me.

Regarding the use of @provides and library .lua files.

If I have 4 or 5 different scripts that all use the same library, how can I use @provides to automatically download the library file without getting conflicts since they all link to the same file?

ON a side note, is there a clean way of updating the tile of a script in a reapack entry after it's been comitted once? I've tried -a (amend) and --rebuild and they both keep the first name committed, forcing me to create a new file in order to force a name change.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:56 AM   #573
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudiohbsantos View Post
This is to cfillion or any of you guys who are more familiar with reapack-index than me.

Regarding the use of @provides and library .lua files.

If I have 4 or 5 different scripts that all use the same library, how can I use @provides to automatically download the library file without getting conflicts since they all link to the same file?

ON a side note, is there a clean way of updating the tile of a script in a reapack entry after it's been comitted once? I've tried -a (amend) and --rebuild and they both keep the first name committed, forcing me to create a new file in order to force a name change.
Until cfillion chimes in...

I've done this recently when adding nantho's gain staging scripts (two of them which both rely on a a script by spk).

cfillion advised me to automatically create a subfolder in the main scripts via @provides where the library file(s) go (that is, a different subfolder per main script).

In this case:

Code:
* Provides: [nomain] spk77_Get max peak val and pos from take_function.lua > Nantho_PeakVsRMS/spk77_Get max peak val and pos from take_function.lua
and in the other main script:

Code:
 * Provides: [nomain] spk77_Get max peak val and pos from take_function.lua > Nantho_PeakVsLUFS/spk77_Get max peak val and pos from take_function.lua

quote from the below linked discussion:
Quote:
You could provide a renamed copy of the file like this, without having to make two copies of it on the GitHub repo. The new name used when installing is specified after a > character in the provides line next to the original path.
https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScript...0vs.%20RMS.lua

https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScript...vs.%20LUFS.lua

Then remember to adjust the path to the library file(s) in the main scripts accordingly.

(cfillion or anyone may correct me if there's a more suitable way)

Here's the discussion we had about this:

https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScripts/pull/58

Last edited by nofish; 06-14-2017 at 05:05 AM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #574
cfillion

Quote:
Just as nofish said above:

The provides tag has a rename operator since v1.1 to change the installation filename of a given file to a unique one. Symbolic links should also work (at least on Unix-like systems, not sure on Windows).

Code:
@version 1
@provides [nomain] Library File in the Repository.lua > Library File on the user computer.lua

dofile('Library File on the user computer.lua')
Quote:
Do you mean the @description tag and its aliases? It's a package tag, so it's always updated even without --amend (which is for all version-related tags).

Looking at your repo, I see you changed "Go To Time" to "CS_Go To Time" and that the new name got indexed as it should be. It also displays as such here in ReaPack (I'm not a big fan of adding author prefixes to the descriptions, I think it clutters the display btw).

Perhaps you got the hit by GitHub's CDN cache update delay? It can take a few minutes before it starts serving modifications especially when the old file was requested just an instant before.

Last edited by cfillion; 06-14-2017 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #575
Claudiohbsantos

Thanks nofish and cfillion. That does make a lot of sense. At first I wanted to be able to not have to redownload library scripts since I have some that are used across many scripts but the point about versioning and updating is a good one and I can't think of a better solution. I won't look pretty to have 10 copies of the same script in the libraries folder but I guess most normal people don't even open the scripts folder manually so I'm definitely overthinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion
Do you mean the @description tag and its aliases? It's a package tag, so it's always updated even without --amend (which is for all version-related tags).

Looking at your repo, I see you changed "Go To Time" to "CS_Go To Time" and that the new name got indexed as it should be. It also displays as such here in ReaPack (I'm not a big fan of adding author prefixes to the descriptions, I think it clutters the display btw).

Perhaps you got the hit by GitHub's CDN cache update delay? It can take a few minutes before it starts serving modifications especially when the old file was requested just an instant before.
I'm not sure if I was hit by the CDN cache but I'm pretty sure the first times I tried changing the @description tag it didn't update. I even updated the version number to try to force a refresh and while the version number was updated in the reapack browser, the description wasn't. I wasn't too methodical about testing it though so I don't wanna lead you down the wrong path.

And now that you mention the author prefixes, it's a very valid point. I usually put the prefix because that's my quick way of getting to my scripts in the action window. But I guess I could just keep the prefix in the file name and the description clean, and that would accomplish the exact same thing
Old 07-02-2017, 07:11 AM   #576
juliansader

When I try to synchronize ReaPack, I get the following strange error message for one of my new scripts:

Quote:
Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\Items Editing\js_Area selection - Cycle between inserting temporary empty items in time selection of selected tracks, and deleting all temporary items.lua.new:
Permission denied
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:28 PM   #577
cfillion

My guess is that the final file path exceeds Windows length limit of 260 characters. I get a "No such file or directory" error when I try to reproduce on my Windows 10 VM though, not "Permission denied".

Is your resource path longer than 78 characters (260 - 182)?

I've tested a possible workaround (effectively bumping the OS limit to about 32,767 characters). This allows ReaPack to successfully create the file but the big downside is that REAPER then puts the full absolute path in reaper-kb.ini instead of a relative path as usual. This breaks the script whenever the resource path changes (eg. REAPER is installed on a USB key which changes drive letter depending on the computer it's plugged in).

Adding a script with a path larger than 260 characters using the Action List's load button also writes an absolute path.

Last edited by cfillion; 07-02-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:05 AM   #578
mpl

1) SonicAnomaly stuff removed from ReaTeam repo as outdated.
2) Added a script 'Install all known repositories to ReaPack' so if you have a lot of your scripts or JSFX placed somewhere in GitHub, you can add link to repository list in this script and commit to ReaTeam repo.

Main thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=411
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #579
cfillion

ReaPack v1.2rc1

I refactored a fair amount of code and optimized a few things in this release (more to come in v1.2rc2). Loading the package browser is now quicker especially on macOS.

Added:
add support for Automation Item files
api: add ProcessQueue function
api: autosynchronize repositories when using AddSetRepository and the autoinstall option is enabled
browser: add "Copy package name" action to context menu (equivalent to Ctrl+C)
browser: restore selection after applying changes or synchronyzing
manager: make the about repository dialog follow selection
path: implement absolute path detection on Windows
support 32-bit Linux builds using gcc-multilib
support registering scripts into the MIDI Event List Editor and Media Explorer sections
Fixed:
api: fix AddSetRepository not saving all repo properties when toggling enabled status
browser: manager: re-sort list after changing row contents
import: add repositories in the same order as they were entered in the URL text field
listview: sort identical columns by row insertion order
path: fix appending an absolute path to any empty path resulting in an relative path
path: treat absolute and relative paths as always not equal
Changed:
archive: export to temporary file first (automatically removed if cancelled)
browser: always show selection actions in the context menu
browser: avoid opening the database twice when loading the list
browser: display pinned state separately from installation state
browser: enable Last Update column by default
browser: move per-package actions to a submenu when selection > 1
browser: show confirmation dialog only when uninstalling packages
core: allow opening the browser while a transaction is running
core: ignore errors during self-registration
core: report an error when folders cannot be created in the resource directory
do not prompt to uninstall pinned obsolete packages when syncing
listview: update individual cells without replacing the whole row
listview: various optimizations
path: prepend resource path to relative paths only
receipt: sort installed packages alphabetically
redesign the report dialog
refresh the browser only when necessary
report: update top label depending on which operations were performed and their result
Removed:
api: remove commit parameter from AddSetRepository (replaced by ProcessQueue)
api: remove tab parameter from About* functions
browser: manager: remove ellipsis after "About <repository>" actions
browser: remove "Show descriptions" option
don't add or remove scripts from the Action List when enabling/disabling a repository
don't automatically synchronize when enabling a repository unless the autoinstall option is set
remote: remove overzealous length limits on repository names
reapack-index v1.2rc1

There is no longer a Windows installer. Uninstall Ruby v2.3. Install Ruby v2.4 and let its new installer install msys2 at the end. Then install reapack-index v1.2rc1 using "gem install reapack-index --pre". This should be able to build all dependencies without errors now, hence maintaining my own installer is no longer necessary.
https://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/

Added:
add linux, linux32 and linux64 to the platform list
add donate alias to the donation tag
add support for project templates (.RPP), track templates (.RTrackTemplate), MIDI Notes Names (.txt) and automation item (.ReaperAutoItem) packages
provides: add shortcut syntax to move a file to another directory (file.txt > target_dir/)
provides: add support for midi_inlineeditor, midi_eventlisteditor and mediaexplorer sections
Changed:
don't silently ignore invalid lines in .reapack-index.conf
git: detect origin urls ending with a slash but without .git suffix
relax repository name validation (removed length limits)
Removed:
remove Windows installer

Last edited by cfillion; 09-18-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #580
nofish

Thanks for the update.

I first had some sort of hiccup installing reapack-index via the new way (when the Ruby installer ought to install msys2 at the end I just got a very short open and closing of a command prompt and nothing else - seemed installation failed for some reason).

But trying it a second time worked fine then.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #581
Ivannn Bennnettt

Thank you!
Ivannn Bennnettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #582
cfillion

ReaPack v1.2rc2

Added:
browser: pass all up/down arrow keypresses to the list
browser: show about package window on spacebar
manager: display enabled status using REAPER's checkbox icons
manager: toggle repository enabled status when clicking on the checkbox icons or pressing spacebar
path: allow paths longer than 260 characters on Windows [p=1861355]
Fixed:
browser: fix Refresh Browser (F5) action (v1.2rc1 regression)
listview: fix clearing queued actions in browser's queued tab (v1.2rc1 regression)
listview: fix header right click detection when list is scrolled on macOS
receipt: fix missing newline when updating through >1 versions (v1.2rc1 regression) [#21]
win32: fix crash when opening links (v1.2rc1 regression)
Changed:
about: always show the about tab (even if documentation is empty or invalid)
about: remove "About" prefix in the title bar
about: split File column into File and Path in the Contents tab
browser: avoid repopulating the whole list when applying an asynchronous transaction
browser: disable impossible selection-wide operations in the Actions menu
browser: hide "Copy package name" from the context menu if no packages are selected
browser: show "Copy package names" in the Actions button's menu as well
listview: don't repopulate the entire list whenever the filter is changed
listview: enable double buffering on Windows

Last edited by cfillion; 10-29-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #583
cfillion

ReaPack v1.2rc3

The website update, user guide and release notes for v1.2 are mostly ready.
If anyone would like to help proofread the updated User Guide, it's here: https://github.com/cfillion/reapack....-guide.html.md.

I'm giving this a little extra testing time just for safety: if all goes well I'll release ReaPack v1.2 on November 22!

Fixed:
browser: don't add two consecutive separators in the context menu when selection > 1 and the cursor is not above a package
browser: don't enable the selection-wide reinstall action if the current version is not in the repository
browser: fix the package list not being refreshed after toggling the pinned status without installing or removing packages (another v1.2rc1 regression)
browser: prevent selection-wide install/update action from installing an older version when the current one is not in the repository
linux: attempt to produce binaries compatible with more Linux flavors (such as Linux Mint)
Changed:
browser: rename "Copy package names" back to "Copy package name" in context menu
browser: sort package types alphabetically in the filter menu (top right button)
edit the title of a few windows to match the action/menu name

Last edited by cfillion; 11-12-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #584
lb0

Hi - is there somewhere I can ask some stupid-person questions regarding adding repositories to Reapack? I don't want to turn this thread into a step-by-step guide to getting me up and running - but I've read most of the wiki docs and I'm clearly missing something as the indexer is giving me errors for which I cannot find any answers in the documentation or by googling (so far).

Thanks
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #585
cfillion

This is the right place for development-related questions. Which errors are you getting and what is the repository URL so I can check it out?

Also, if you haven't already, please consider using the ReaTeam repositories which are enabled out of the box for all users.

EDIT: https://github.com/L-B-X/Reaper-Scripts seems all good here, though the FXFloatPos scripts could be bundled in a single package so it can be installed in one shot and have documentation.

LBX_FXFloatPos.lua (not installed on the user computer thanks to the @metapackage – alternatively you could choose any existing .lua file to have the package's metadata, eg. the Setup one perhaps)
Code:
-- @description Floating FX Positioner
-- @version 1.0
-- @author Leon Bradley (LBX)
-- @metapackage
-- @provides [main] LBX_FXFloatPos_*.lua
-- @about
--   Run SetUp script
-- 
--   To set up the correct monitor for displaying fx windows :
--   Click Set Up button
-- 
--   Enter the monitors X and Y coordinates - EG:  If you have 2 monitors - each 1920x1080 and you wanted to put the plugins on the
--   right monitor - the value of the X coordinate should be > 1920 and < 3840, and the Y coordinate should be > 0 and < 1080.  
--   If you wish the plugin window's to be able to fill the entire width of the screen (for monitor 2) - you would set 
--   x = 1920 (and width to 1920).
-- 
--   Hope that makes sense.
-- 
--   The Width and Height values should be the width/height of the screen (in pixels) or somewhere within that value if you wish to
--   only use part of the screen.
-- 
--   Once this is set up - you can test the settings using the SHOW/<</>> buttons.  The script acts on the currently selected track
--   only at the moment. 
-- 
--   SHOW: Opens the first plugins in the chain (as many as will fit on the designated area of the monitor).
-- 
--   >>:  Advances the page of plugins.
--   <<:  Goes back a page.
-- 
--   HIDE:  Closes all FX windows.
-- 
--   The Other Scripts - 
--   -------------------
-- 
--   Open - acts just like the Open button in the setup script.
--   NextPage - acts just like the >> button in the setup script.
--   PrevPage - acts just like the << button in the setup script.
-- 
--   These scripts can be added as toolbar buttons to a Reaper toolbar :)
-- 
--   Possible Issues - 
--   -----------------
-- 
--   Some (very few) plugins reset themselves whenever the chunk is altered (Acon Digital VST2 plugins for example - VST3 seem ok).  This script is
--   incompatible with any plugins that act in this way.
LBX_FXFloatPos_NextPage.lua, LBX_FXFloatPos_Open.lua, LBX_FXFloatPos_PrevPage.lua and LBX_FXFloatPos_SetUp.lua
Code:
-- @noindex

code here

Last edited by cfillion; 11-15-2017 at 02:53 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:50 AM   #586
lb0

Quote:
This is the right place for development-related questions. Which errors are you getting and what is the repository URL so I can check it out?
Hi - thanks for the reply.

I was getting this error:

unable to generate download links: empty url template

for all the lua files yesterday - but tried again at home - and it didn't get those messages.

What really confused me - is that the index file generated was just two lines long -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<index version="1" name="LBX Scripts"/>

But when I analysed other reapack repository githubs - this had lines for all the packages too.

So I tried manually adding just the Setup one - by copying the format from another index file - but this didn't seem to do anything either.

I went into reapack - imported the url - and it just didn't show up any packages under the repos.

I shall go over and try again.

I'll look into bundling them together... Need to do some more checking and learning how to do this.

EDIT: I assume what you've posted is a possible way to do this (confused me a little as what you called it was actually an old project name I used and wondered where that cropped up from)

Will be back with further questions I'm sure - but I'll try to gleam any solutions from the Wikis first!!

I know about the ReaTeam repos - but wanted to try and generate my own mainly so if I stuff anything up - it will only stuff up my own repos - and nothing else... Plus if I manage to suss out how to get Stripper in Reapack - then with all it's extra resources and stuff - I thought it might be better to be separate.

Last edited by lb0; 11-15-2017 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:04 AM   #587
lb0

Ok - I'm back already (sorry).

I import my (2 line) index file into ReaPack... All good there - LBX Scripts shows up as a repos.

But none of the 4 scripts ever seem to appear in the lists of scripts.

Could I please ask exactly how you got (shown in your gif videos) the scripts to show up??

EDIT: No amount of trying will show the LBX packages in Reapack for me... :/

Last edited by lb0; 11-15-2017 at 03:35 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #588
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I was getting this error:

unable to generate download links: empty url template

for all the lua files yesterday - but tried again at home - and it didn't get those messages.
This error means that reapack-index cannot detect where the repository is hosted for one reason or another. It needs this to generate the download URL template. Usually it's automatically set to "https://github.com/YourUser/YourRepository/raw/$commit/$path".

What does the command "git remote -v" output for your repository on the computer where it does not work? (There's a way to manually set the URL template with a configuration file, but I think it's best to figure out why the automatic method doesn't work first.)

Quote:
I went into reapack - imported the url - and it just didn't show up any packages under the repos.
Have you refreshed ReaPack's index cache? Either with Synchronize packages, Refresh repositories in the browser, or right click > Refresh in Manage repositories. Otherwise ReaPack doesn't reload the index on it's own until a week after. Also note that the data ReaPack receives from GitHub's CDN may lag a few minutes behind what's visible on the GitHub website.

Quote:
EDIT: I assume what you've posted is a possible way to do this (confused me a little as what you called it was actually an old project name I used and wondered where that cropped up from)
Yes it was an example. There are other ways to make a multi-file package but I figured this one was the most appropriate/easier for a script such as Floating FX Positioner. I had no idea you used the filename "LBX_FXFloatPos.lua" before.

Quote:
I know about the ReaTeam repos - but wanted to try and generate my own mainly so if I stuff anything up - it will only stuff up my own repos - and nothing else... Plus if I manage to suss out how to get Stripper in Reapack - then with all it's extra resources and stuff - I thought it might be better to be separate.
OK.

Quote:
Could I please ask exactly how you got (shown in your gif videos) the scripts to show up??
I did this (after cloning your repository locally using `git clone "https://github.com/L-B-X/Reaper-Scripts.git" lb0-scripts`):
  • Put LBX_FXFloatPos.lua and edited the others as in my post above
  • Renamed the "FX Floating Window Positioner" directory into just "FX" (because directory name == category, but this may change in the future)
  • Commited and ran reapack-index
  • Imported "file:///path/to/lb0-scripts/index.xml" into ReaPack
This last trick (importing file://<path> URLs into ReaPack) can be very useful for testing or previewing the index without uploading it to the public first. Also there's no GitHub lag this way.

The index file must contain data about the packages and files though. If it's just 2 lines long it's empty. I assume it's only because of the "empty url template" error.

Last edited by cfillion; 11-15-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #589
lb0

Quote:
Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I shall try it out with a bit more understanding tomorrow evening
Old 11-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #590
mpl

Thanks for updates, cfillion.

Personal requests from me (hope it is not so hard to implement):
1) allow resize Transaction report window + remember its xywh if possible (and reset if X or Y position out of current screen resolution, ex if REAPER runned in cloud on different machines);
2) somehow allow comment at syncronizing when ReaPack shows obsolete packages and suggest to remove them. Like "MPL: scripts below removed, because there were implemented natively".

Again thank you for your hard work.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:46 AM   #591
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
1) allow resize Transaction report window + remember its xywh if possible (and reset if X or Y position out of current screen resolution, ex if REAPER runned in cloud on different machines);
It might be better to remember the position of the progress dialog instead. And keeping the Transaction report centered relative to the progress dialog as it is (but allow it to be resized & remember the size). I don't do it right now before v1.2 because resizing and moving modal windows (such as Transaction report) is broken in macOS SWELL (I'm a newbie in Cocoa and SWELL isn't the most welcoming codebase, fixing will likely require much digging and testing). (Also if every ReaPack are to remember their size and position, it would be best to consolidate the responsible bits of codes – more risks of breaking something by mistake just before a release).

As for the behavior when the remembered size/position is outside of the screen, a bound check is already implemented affecting every ReaPack windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
2) somehow allow comment at syncronizing when ReaPack shows obsolete packages and suggest to remove them. Like "MPL: scripts below removed, because there were implemented natively".
I want to do this for 1.3. I don't know yet what shape it will take developer-side. My current idea is to have an "@obsolete <reason>" tag. This, combined with the idea of removing the 1:1 relation between folders and categories, would allow putting the obsolete package metadata in a dedicated "Obsolete" folder on the repositories.

Last edited by cfillion; 11-22-2017 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:13 AM   #592
mpl

Quote:
I want to do this for 1.3. I don't know yet what shape it will take developer-side. My current idea is to have an "@obsolete <reason>" tag. This, combined with the idea of removing the 1:1 relation between folders and categories, would allow putting the obsolete package metadata in a dedicated "Obsolete" folder on the repositories.
Looks good and logic to me, thanks.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:05 PM   #593
FnA

Been getting this error quite a few times now:

Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/chtammik/chtammik_Reaper_Scripts/master/index.xm:
  HTTP response code said error (22): The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Only me? Is it on my end?
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #594
nofish

There's an 'l' missing at the end of the first line.
'index.xm' is supposed to be 'index.xml'.

With this, the index can be found:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ch...ster/index.xml
Old 12-08-2017, 08:47 PM   #595
FnA

So...

Did I do that?

Poking around somewhere?

edit. Maybe not clear that I mean this happens during "synchronize packages" in Extensions Menu

Last edited by FnA; 12-08-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:24 AM   #596
nofish

If this started 'by itself' I don't know what's going on really.
All I can say is I added this repo already some time ago to ReaPack and it's still working as it should (no error when sync'ing packages and it shows the correct URL).

edit:
I'd probably try uninstalling it via this 'Manage repositories' (rightclick) and re-import with the correct URL.

Last edited by nofish; 12-10-2017 at 05:44 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:43 AM   #597
cfillion

^ That, or just re-import the repository with the correct URL to fix it (it will prompt to confirm).
Old 12-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #598
cfillion

v1.2.1beta

Quick bugfix update to be released just in time for REAPER 5.65.

Fixed:
don't open the progress dialog while a modal dialog is shown [p=1920318]
fix list desynchronisation when removing rows (eg. uninstalling repositories)
fix possible crash when synchronizing a repository from about dialog while the obsolete prompt is displayed
fix the about dialog sometime reloading multiple times in a row
ignore '.' and do Windows absolute path detection logic when parsing the last or only path segment [p=1919963]
use CRLF as newline separator when copying multiple values on Windows
Changed:
don't convert the resource path given by REAPER 5.65+ from system default ANSI code page to UTF-8 on Windows [p=1921620]
restore behavior of always enabling existing repositories on re-import
synchronize when changing the URL of a repository and the autoinstall setting is enabled
Old 12-10-2017, 01:36 PM   #599
FnA

Thanks, guys, chtammik problem solved.

however:

Code:
https://github.com/nofishonfriday/ReaScripts/raw/bed1d5144ed92bd89309f4c41ddc0946d89bbc9f/misc/nofish_Needle%20dropping.lua:
  HTTP response code said error (22): The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Tried updating nofish's link to no avail. It looked the same anyway before and after.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:23 PM   #600
nofish

Thanks.
If you do a "Synchronize packages" and try again it should (hopefully) work now.
(I probably screwed up the index somehow when doing an amend commit/push force. Now I have it rebuilt.)