Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #18
Fergler
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBOIS View Post
8: The spoken voice “Claps your hands if you want too” was cut (mistake?) This prompted a WTF moment right at the start of the song, which is a bad place. I say too bad because the mix was actually very good. I would have been my number 1, but ended up my number 3. I really liked the vocals and the overall balance.

Forgot to explain in my last message: to understanding what I mean, listen to the kick in mix 8. This is a clean kick! He mentioned something about gating the kick... This was needed to get rid of the bleed. His kick is goooood.
Thanks bro Two EQs then a compressor, all three follow a gate: http://puu.sh/vBKra/3e03e18775.png

Interesting to see the results.

I removed the 'if you want to' because originally I did not understand what she was saying. I thought it was 'one, two'. After submitting I listened to some versions on youtube and they brought out the 'if you want to' and I was able to understand it better. I wonder if you'd still notice if you'd never heard the song before. To my mixer friend I showed it to (a pro.. actually makes money doing this, unlike myself XD) the first thing he pointed out was the piano is too quiet (agree) and the bass too loud (I'm a bassist... go figure)

As for the winner, congrats Mawi! But I want to add, that I didn't vote for you because I couldn't hear the background vox 'ooh' sustains very well and I thought the bass was too quiet and didn't come through on non-headphone playback systems. I also thought the hi-hat was too loud. I loved the lead vocal though
Fergler is online now   Reply With Quote