Old 06-27-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
Dannii
Human being with feelings

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Default Open FX Windows Near Mouse Cursor

I'm currently running REAPER on two 1080p monitors and have the TCP on the left monitor and MCP on the right. I have basically stretched the non full screen REAPER window across the two monitors so I don't have the whole windows hiding under the mixer to contend with and this setup has been serving me well.

However, there is one annoying issue. Whenever I insert new FX in the mixer, the new FX window opens at the very left of the left monitor (the one with the TCP) and I have to move the mouse across and drag it onto the second monitor (with the mixer). Once I do that, it opens where I want it from then on but having to drag new FX across the two monitors is a.... errrr, drag!

Does anyone know if there's a way to force new FX windows to open on the second monitor, preferably under or near the mouse cursor (effectively half way across the REAPER window)?
Old 06-28-2017, 02:38 AM   #2
ejanejarr

I just found this action: "Move active floating track FX window to mouse cursor". You may need to install SWS_Extensions to get it and it comes in different flavours depending on where you want the FX to sit under the mouse cursor (like, upper left corner or just in the middle of it).

Assign a shortcut and use it everytime you open a FX instance.
ejanejarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:43 AM   #3
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejanejarr View Post
I just found this action: "Move active floating track FX window to mouse cursor". You may need to install SWS_Extensions to get it and it comes in different flavours depending on where you want the FX to sit under the mouse cursor (like, upper left corner or just in the middle of it).

Assign a shortcut and use it everytime you open a FX instance.
Thanks heaps for that. Missed that one.
SWS is pretty much a must have with REAPER and I've been running it for years. There's so much in the actions list that it is pretty easy to overlook things sometimes.

Going to set this up tomorrow when I'm in the studio.

Thanks again.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:48 AM   #4
Ulf3000

im using an extra tool in windows called "actual window manager" which can finetune all window behaviour inside windows , where they open (mouse or monitor , exact size and position) ... how big .... you can resize every window even if its not resizable , set processor affinity and other startup settings for each window .. give it extra buttons and menus to perform various actions ..

wouldn´t ever install a new pc without it
Ulf3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:19 AM   #5
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulf3000 View Post
im using an extra tool in windows called "actual window manager" which can finetune all window behaviour inside windows , where they open (mouse or monitor , exact size and position) ... how big .... you can resize every window even if its not resizable , set processor affinity and other startup settings for each window .. give it extra buttons and menus to perform various actions ..

wouldn´t ever install a new pc without it
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like a pretty interesting utility but might be a little heavy handed for what I need.
That $50 would get me a copy of Valhalla Plate (the only Valhalla reverb I don't yet own).