COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > WDL users forum

Old 07-28-2016, 05:44 AM   #41
snooks
Banned

Yes, I have that in the code for my plugin. It happens in IPlugBetterGUIResize too (this is VST2, 64 bit)...

snooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:43 AM   #42
Youlean
Human being with feelings

OK, thanks. I will check this out...
Youlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:31 PM   #43
Youlean

Strangely, I was not able to reproduce this bug... Can you try deleting framework and downloading it again and then to try IPlugBetterGUIResize?

Also where is this happening, MAC/PC, what DAW?
Old 07-28-2016, 04:50 PM   #44
snooks
Banned

I pulled the latest changes (from UPDATE: IPlugControls) and the issue isn't there anymore. (The commit I was on before when I reported the issue and made the gifs was "BUGFIX: Loading multiple plugins...".)

That's it working now. (I'm on Win10 btw I deleted my "Mac" a while ago).

Re the new changes, I don't know if I like the "Reopen plugin interface to get new size" when multiple interfaces are open and one has been changed. I think that might be better off happening just as and when a user changes size. Just a suggestion.

edit: that didn't make sense. I mean the change should either happen to all at once or just when the plugin UI is closed then reopened. I don't think the big message is necessary.

Last edited by snooks; 07-28-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:12 AM   #45
Youlean

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooks View Post
I pulled the latest changes (from UPDATE: IPlugControls) and the issue isn't there anymore. (The commit I was on before when I reported the issue and made the gifs was "BUGFIX: Loading multiple plugins...".)

That's it working now. (I'm on Win10 btw I deleted my "Mac" a while ago).

Re the new changes, I don't know if I like the "Reopen plugin interface to get new size" when multiple interfaces are open and one has been changed. I think that might be better off happening just as and when a user changes size. Just a suggestion.

edit: that didn't make sense. I mean the change should either happen to all at once or just when the plugin UI is closed then reopened. I don't think the big message is necessary.
Great! I know that reopen to get new size is not good, but I had hard time finding a way to avoid it... I will look again to see if I can do something...
Old 07-31-2016, 09:49 AM   #46
Youlean

OK, I have looked at "Reopen plugin interface to get new size", and it will be very hard to make a system that will address that, so this goes on very low priority for me. Also changing GUI scale is not something that will happen very often, usually users will set the GUI scale once and the forget about it...
Old 03-11-2017, 07:05 AM   #47
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youlean View Post
Thanks! I am really glad that someone commented on this thread. I was getting feeling that no one cares and that is really demotivating, as I have spent 3 weeks working on this...
I do care and I'm currently checking it out.
Thank you for making this !

(Can't give any useful feedback yet, except building your BetterGUIREsize example worked fine, but this will probably come when I'm a little more 'into it'.)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:19 AM   #48
snooks
Banned

I'm looking forward to v1.0 too. I'll test some stuff out when it lands!
Old 03-11-2017, 02:54 PM   #49
nofish

So, as a first little test/learning project I thought I do a resizeable virtual MIDI keyboard.

The background rescales fine, nice.

https://i.imgur.com/NEeRV55.gif

but when I attach a IKeyboardControl, the keys rescale but they don't follow position.

https://i.imgur.com/bpycRFJ.gif

I'd guess this is currently not implemented/supported or is it me doing something wrong ?

For the keys I did:

Code:
IBitmap *p_whitekey = pGraphics->LoadPointerToBitmap(WHITEKEY_ID, WHITEKEY_FN, 6);
IBitmap *p_blackkey = pGraphics->LoadPointerToBitmap(BLACKKEY_ID, BLACKKEY_FN);

int keyCoordinates[12] = { 0, 14, 24, 40, 48, 72, 86, 96, 112, 120, 138, 144 }; 
mVirtualKeyboard = new IKeyboardControl(this, kKeybX, kKeybY, virtualKeyboardMinimumNoteNumber, /* octaves: */ 5, p_whitekey, p_blackkey, keyCoordinates);
keyboardInt = pGraphics->AttachControl(mVirtualKeyboard);

Last edited by nofish; 03-11-2017 at 03:06 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote