Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #1
lossfound
Human being with feelings

Default Anybody having luck with Poulin LeCab in REAPER?

I like the Poulin stuff a lot, and his LeCab looks like a really nice little cab / general impulse loader. It works great, actually, until I try to load an outside impulse... then it explodes catastrophically, taking REAPER down with it.

I actually had this working fine with internal *and* external IRs for an afternoon. I haven't been able to get it to run with external impulses since. Anyone else able to replicate?
lossfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lossfound View Post
I like the Poulin stuff a lot, and his LeCab looks like a really nice little cab / general impulse loader. It works great, actually, until I try to load an outside impulse... then it explodes catastrophically, taking REAPER down with it.

I actually had this working fine with internal *and* external IRs for an afternoon. I haven't been able to get it to run with external impulses since. Anyone else able to replicate?
Hi, I just tried LeCab with several IRs, one made it crash, the others loaded, but had no effect. But the same IRs loaded and played fine in
Poulin Hybrit Fullstack, (amp-with dual cabs) also boosted by Poulin LexTAC, and of course sounding quite nice. This was in linux, but confirms that real issues exist. I got some IRs from here:

http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewforum.php?f=32

Hope this helps
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:06 AM   #3
corazon

More success using Poulin Le456 with LeCab -C, and a variety of IRs, none crashing, just more great LePou sounds! REALLY great. Also Poulin Hybrit Head working well, so maybe things are not so bleak, getting late here, time to sleep. Hope you get good results!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
lossfound

LeCab is still crashing REAPER instantly on my Win7 64 laptop no matter if I use the 32- or 64-bit REAPER. It's fine on my desktop system. Got to be some .ini file somewhere that's corrupted, I just haven't had a chance to track it down. I need some impulses I like better, that's for sure.
lossfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lossfound View Post
LeCab is still crashing REAPER instantly on my Win7 64 laptop no matter if I use the 32- or 64-bit REAPER. It's fine on my desktop system. Got to be some .ini file somewhere that's corrupted, I just haven't had a chance to track it down. I need some impulses I like better, that's for sure.
Maybe install Reaper 3.05 or a Cantabile lite version, to help narrow the choices for sound-villain. I'm going to use Cantabile in a few minutes, and see if things are normal there.
Cheers
Old 03-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #6
corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
Maybe install Reaper 3.05 or a Cantabile lite version, to help narrow the choices for sound-villain. I'm going to use Cantabile in a few minutes, and see if things are normal there.
Cheers
After an hour using Cantabile 1.2 lite searching for the same buggy IR behaviour as on your laptop with Reaper, I did! Some IRs silent, some instant crash when the IR is loaded. Loading LeCab -C itself did not crash, just when loading certain IRs into it.
I like using Poulin Hybrit Fullstack better than LeCab -C, as you get a nice amp and 2 cabs in one plugin, and can load separate IRs panned L/R for great stereo play. I was able to crash Fullstack with the same IR that crashed LeCab -C, so the IRs may be the villains, unless you get a crash just loading a cab-sim itself. The Poulins are great!
Cheers