Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 12-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
mrelwood
Human being with feelings

Default Waves GTR Solo no longer shows up as VST.

I used the GTR Solo VST plugin in several Reaper projects, and then upgraded to Waveshell 7.1 as well as the latest Reaper. Now Reaper can't find the GTR Solo VST, only AU. Therefore, all my old projects load up without GTR Solo. GTR Solo should install the VST also, and I only see Waveshell in both VST and Components folders.

Anyone else experienced this?
Did something change in Reaper or Waves GTR Solo?
Is there a way to force-install the Waves GTR Solo VST?
Old 01-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
feline1

I see you haven't had a reply to this yet... I seem to have a similar (maybe the same) problem -

I just treated myself to a copy of Waves L1 Ultramaximiser VST plugin (part of Waves 7.1, same as your GTR Solo).

As far as I can tell, it is installed correctly, and authorized on my iLok dongle.

However despite adding the path to the plugin in Reaper Preferences > Plugins > VST (it lives at C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins on my machine), L1 Ultramaximizer doesn't show up in the list of plugins.

When I clicked "Clear cache/re-scan", I get a dialog popping up 3 times during the scan saying "The program can't start because WavesLib 7.1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

The thing is, WavesLib 7.1.dll *is* present (it lives at C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins too). I tried reinstalling Waves (both using the Repair option on the installer, and completely uninstalling it and downloading again from scratch) but this didn't help.

Any suggestions? Having just paid $200 for L1 Ultramaximiser and $80 for an iLok dongle, needless to say I'm a little disappointed

Could the filename "WavesLib 7.1.dll" be confusing Reaper's search? (since it has a space and two dots in it?)

I am running Reaper 3.74 x64 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
feline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
Papanate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
I used the GTR Solo VST plugin in several Reaper projects, and then upgraded to Waveshell 7.1 as well as the latest Reaper. Now Reaper can't find the GTR Solo VST, only AU. Therefore, all my old projects load up without GTR Solo. GTR Solo should install the VST also, and I only see Waveshell in both VST and Components folders.

Anyone else experienced this?
Did something change in Reaper or Waves GTR Solo?
Is there a way to force-install the Waves GTR Solo VST?
Are you are running Reaper in 64 bit mode?.

This same thing will happen in Logic if you don't initially run at 32 bit first to recognize the plugs.
Papanate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papanate View Post
Are you are running Reaper in 64 bit mode?.

This same thing will happen in Logic if you don't initially run at 32 bit first to recognize the plugs.
Thanks fo the tip. I'm using 32 bit Reaper. Just tried with Reaper 64 bit, but no change. Still no GTR Solo VST.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
feline1

On my Windows system, I found I had to explicity tell Reaper to look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\ for it to find them (even though they are actually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plugins )
feline1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
habernack

no fix for this?
habernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
habernack

GTR Solo will load as a VSt but not the GTR Tool Rack - it hangs or crashes my system every time...
All the other Wave plugins/VST work fine.

Reaper 64
Windows 7 64bit
4 Gb ram
i3 cpu
habernack is offline   Reply With Quote