Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
Bluenoise
Human being with feelings

Default Bluenoise Plugins releases Drummix Rock 1

Hi everybody!

Bluenoise Plugins has now a little gem for everybody who's interested in drum plugins. Today we release the Drummix Rock 1 as a VST plugin! This is the second plugin to the Drummix brand.

This is a superb 4-piece kit recorded in one of the best recording studios in the world and the price is only 30 dollars for a limited time.

Drummix Rock 1 comes as a natural extension to the stunning Drummix Metal 1, which has gotten raving reviews by metal heads around the world. Drummix plugins has been tested against all the biggest names in the business and beaten them all in polls.

The plugin comes in stereo and multiple-out version where you can control all the 12 microphones just like a real recorded drum kit.

Check out the plugin here:

Rock 1 | Bluenoise Plugins

Thanks!

Bjarte Ludvigsen
Bluenoise Plugins | Audio plugins for Producers, Engineers and Musicians
Bluenoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
merdave

Anybody know if this can be used with Jamstix x64?
merdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
Bluenoise

We haven't tested it with jamstix so I really don't know. It accepts general midi, meaning the drums are placed on regular notes and respond to messages of course but as described on the webpage, it is not optimized for e-drums. That said, when I record with my Roland I usually go in afterwards and tweak the notes. I do that with all drum plugins like Addictive, Superior or BFD.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
Normie

Dunno about this one but I have "Metal" and it is an incredible piece of VST. Sounds are great in many contexts, not just metal/hard rock. I imagine this one would be top notch too. No issues at all in Reaper x64

No clue on Jamstix so I can't help there.
Normie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
hopi

nice sounding drums indeed... might have to get it later, but OMG... how many drums can a person use?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #6
Normie

Well I have Metal, Arturia VDM (30 kits), a free 909 and 808 sim, but...

Slate's new Chris Lord Alge kits seems interesting...and Ocean Way and Goldbaby tape stuff and ... Oh hell gimmie all of'em

Kidding aside though, Metal and VDM seem to cover anything I can dream up. Just wish I could fix the VDM track audio routing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
nice sounding drums indeed... might have to get it later, but OMG... how many drums can a person use?
Normie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #7
Bluenoise

Thanks a bunch Normie. The names are only to send people in right direction. I know people using Metal 1 for rock and I know Rock 1 could be used for pop,Jazz, Indie, hard-rock and metal as well. I've used them on popmusic as you can hear on the examples on my webpage:-)
Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #8
matey

Thanks, a good drumkit is always welcome...I'll try it out
Old 01-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #9
PerunZG

Damn it, another drum plugin.

And it sounds really good. Damn!

Old 01-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
Smurf

I did not like the sounds of the Metal one, but this one is nice! At least for what I do...

Grabbing the demo now....
Old 01-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #11
Smurf

I ordered it, very nice! And a great companion to my SL Samples. This one is definitely more "organic" than my other stuff, and will work great for some "folk rock" I am working on at the moment.

I would also like to add that the ability to pay by check/MO was a HUGE selling point for me. I really like this option, even if it does take longer to get busy with the plugin!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #12
karbomusic

Having issues getting the multi to work. I have it routed the same way I would any other multi VST and no sound.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
Bluenoise

Hi Karbomusic. Please send a mail to info@bluenoiseplugins.com and we'll sort it out:-)

Usually this is because people forget to activate all twelve outputs and if you use the multiple out you'll only get kickdrum.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoise View Post
Hi Karbomusic. Please send a mail to info@bluenoiseplugins.com and we'll sort it out:-)

Usually this is because people forget to activate all twelve outputs and if you use the multiple out you'll only get kickdrum.
Getting nothing actually. Here is what I did:

- Insert the stereo version on a track. Record arm an enable record monitoring. Works fine.

- Insert the multi version on a track, add 12 additional tracks. Enable all 12 channels in the main Drummix track. Create a send of each of the 12 outputs going to each of the additional tracks. No sound.

- Insert the multi using Reapers automatic mapping which basically does the same as the previous step. No sound.

It acts as if Drummix isn't receiving the midi info (Drummix does not show any meter activity) but placing a midi logger before Drummix shows the midi is flowing into the plugin.

If I perform the exact same procedure in AD Drums for example, it works. The only difference is that in AD I need to click the "out" button on each of AD's tracks inside its GUI but I assume the multi version of Drummix does this by default. I tested in 32bit and 64bit bridged and unbridged.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
Smurf

Make sure that the MIDI is being sent to the first track at the top of the multi, I get this type of behavior when I try to make any of the "child" tracks play the midi, but as long as the Top track is selected for auditioning the midi, or the midi is placed on the first track, everything is fine.

I get this is AD and SD2 & 3.

Hope This Helps!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #16
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
Make sure that the MIDI is being sent to the first track at the top of the multi, I get this type of behavior when I try to make any of the "child" tracks play the midi, but as long as the Top track is selected for auditioning the midi, or the midi is placed on the first track, everything is fine.

I get this is AD and SD2 & 3.

Hope This Helps!
I thought I did

Quote:
but placing a midi logger before Drummix shows the midi is flowing into the plugin
I also set it up the same way I do AD.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
karbomusic

Default FIXED

I found the problem. Drummix is requiring me to manually load the samples each time. Even though the interface says "Loaded" it really isn't.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
richie43

I tried the demo, and it indeed sounds good. But when I tried to use midi loops from my AD stash, the Drummix did not play them correctly at all. Is this because I used AD loops? I could swear that I have used AD loops in other drum VSTi's without a problem.... Is there a setting somewhere in Drummix that needs to be changed and I can't get to that setting in the demo version?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #19
Bluenoise

richie43: Is this because I used AD loops?

Yes it is. Addicted has a very different way of setting up drums than any other plugin. Drummix Rock 1 has a typical GM setup so most loops should work fine, but I find myself adjusting all plugins no matter ezdrummer, superior, bfd, addicted or Drummix when I use midi loops.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #20
richie43

Quote:
richie43: Is this because I used AD loops?

Yes it is. Addicted has a very different way of setting up drums than any other plugin. Drummix Rock 1 has a typical GM setup so most loops should work fine, but I find myself adjusting all plugins no matter ezdrummer, superior, bfd, addicted or Drummix when I use midi loops.
Ok, thanks . So to get the most from this plugin, I also need to have a collection of good drum midi loops, and besides the Addictive Drums loops. Correct? You guys should market some, since you have good drummers on hand to record the samples anyway.......
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 AM   #21
Bluenoise

Well, getting good midi GM loops is as easy as doing a search on google and besides programming it yourself or tweaking your AD loops a bit is a burden you'll have to decide for your self.

Myself, I always program the drums and do not use any prerecorded loops, but I know many people in the biz who's using midiloops and make it work super.

Yes we have many drummers that could do this stuff, but there's so many loops out there that works already, it would be very diffcult to make a profit as it takes a lof time editing and preparing a MIDI loop bank.

I'm only charging 30 bucks for my plugs so I hope you understand. It's not like I can make a living out of my plugs...
Old 01-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #22
Bluenoise

New demo for download. Fully working stereo version with 5 second silence now and then:-) Hope you like it!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #23
PerunZG

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
Ok, thanks . So to get the most from this plugin, I also need to have a collection of good drum midi loops, and besides the Addictive Drums loops. Correct? You guys should market some, since you have good drummers on hand to record the samples anyway.......
Or you can try Toontrack's EZPlayer Pro. It can translate between different MIDI mappings, including Addictive Drums and General MIDI.

Btw, if you own Superior Drummer 2 then you already own EZPlayer Pro.

From official documentation:

"EZplayer is a MIDI organizer capable of driving any sound source that can be controlled by MIDI, including software drum samplers such as Toontrack Superior and EZdrummer but also any hardware drum machine you may have available. All it requires is a module (software or hardware instrument) capable of producing sounds from MIDI.

But this is not the sole purpose of this product. Not only can you organize and preview your MIDI library, no matter the content provider, but you can also construct a drum track in minutes by arranging grooves on the time line, directly in your sequencer’s arrangement window!

EZplayer pro goes way beyond these solid foundations however and allows you to arrange, edit and trigger your grooves (and licks) in ways you may have never imagined were possible before, right inside the program, thanks to an intuitive built-in arranger. You can control your drum parts live down to their very heart-beat and dynamics and randomize your parts at every pass if you want to. You can transpose your licks and create polyrhythms effortlessly if that’s what you’re into.

Supported sampler mappings at the time of writing are: EZdrummer®, Superior Drummer®, legacy dh Superior and DFH® 1&2, Strike, Battery, Kontakt, BFD 1&2, Addictive Drums, Reason Drum Kits, SampleTank, Ocean Way Drums, SR DrumMasters, Steven Slate Drums, Drumcore, and of course any GM software or hardware sampler."

PDF documentation is good and even has a chapter about setting up EZPP in different hosts, including Reaper.

And it's not too expensive ($49 at audiodeluxe.com, $48 at floridamusicco.com).

HTH

p.s.
Sorry for slight offtopic-ing. Just trying to help.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #24
Stu

Quote:
Ok, thanks . So to get the most from this plugin, I also need to have a collection of good drum midi loops, and besides the Addictive Drums loops. Correct?
Or a pal who happens to be rather good at programming
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #25
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Or a pal who happens to be rather good at programming
Aha! This all comes full circle I see. Well, that pal doesn't owe me any favors yet. He had better wait until he get's his "payment", if you know what I mean......
Old 01-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #26
Bluenoise

I think its very interesting to blend the drums in with electronic drums. I often program to a loop.

If you listen to this song, it's all Drummix Rock 1 that's doing the acoustic drumming and a lot of samples that does the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33S0vh3GWC8
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #27
richie43

Quote:
I think its very interesting to blend the drums in with electronic drums. I often program to a loop.

If you listen to this song, it's all Drummix Rock 1 that's doing the acoustic drumming and a lot of samples that does the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33S0vh3GWC8
Just checked it out. You are right about the drums, they sound great! I even left a comment about the drums. Very nice sound. Well played/programmed too.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #28
Bluenoise

Thanks man!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #29
hopi

Quote:

hey richie... you can do that remapping of the AD midi a few ways...

ummm ...one is use toontracks remapping tool...
another is use the plugin that comes with reaper to remap however you want... on the fly on the track... you'll have to edit a text file to get what you want... [AD to GM]
another is the famous Midi File converter... google for it...plz
you will likely still have to do your own conversion file but it works nicely...

but you gotta know AD uses lots of special keys for various drum hit articulations... and many of those may not even exist in any other given drum vsti.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #30
richie43

Quote:
hey richie... you can do that remapping of the AD midi a few ways...

ummm ...one is use toontracks remapping tool...
another is use the plugin that comes with reaper to remap however you want... on the fly on the track... you'll have to edit a text file to get what you want... [AD to GM]
another is the famous Midi File converter... google for it...plz
you will likely still have to do your own conversion file but it works nicely...

but you gotta know AD uses lots of special keys for various drum hit articulations... and many of those may not even exist in any other given drum vsti.
Thanks hopi. That was the sort of detailed answer I was waiting for. Thanks again!!

Edit; WHICH midi file converter....? I just googled it, and came up with a huge selection.......

Last edited by richie43; 01-09-2013 at 11:00 PM.
richie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #31
hopi

richie...

try this one... I think it is what I meant...

http://www.afreecodec.com/windows/mi...erter-545.html

but also..I think the toontrack one is Drumtracker... can't really dbl chk atm... sorry

but really... with a bit of text editing, there is one of the reaper [I think] IX plugs that will work very well...

you have to modify a text file that it loads...

so it's a little work with the key mapping that AD uses [you have to get their PDF that shows it]... and then just mod the text file to suit your needs....

It's really a kewl plug and you can make various text files to convert any midi drum mapping to any other ...

I did a bunch of that way back, but not lately...

Now another thought is that since this plug uses GM, and BFD does also, any BFD midi file should work with no effort.

when this pc is less burdened with doing file moves, I can look furhter but atm I can barely type... LOL
Old 01-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #32
richie43

Thanks again hopi. Always much appreciated!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 AM   #33
pipelineaudio
Mortal

There is no such thing as "Too many drum plugins"!
pipelineaudio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #34
Sambo Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
There is no such thing as "Too many drum plugins"!
I agree --- let there be drums!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC9okWm8A6o

or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9esWG6A6g-k

(Sorry Bluenoise, got a bit off topic -- couldn't resist)

Last edited by Sambo Rouge; 01-10-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Sambo Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #35
PerunZG

Quote:
but also..I think the toontrack one is Drumtracker... can't really dbl chk atm... sorry
As I already mentioned here, it's EZPlayer Pro.

Don't know how good it does the translation between different articulations, though.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #36
Stu

It's still possible to get the old EZPlayer Free version too, although not directly from Toontrack.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #37
PerunZG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
It's still possible to get the old EZPlayer Free version too, although not directly from Toontrack.
You can download it from VSTPlanet.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #38
hopi

ah right... thanks guys for clearing up my confused memory... EZPlayer... yep... that's the ticket richie...

should make it pretty easy... and you can make a whole new set of your midi files... doable but a chore..

on the other hand, with that IX midi plugin and your own text file for converting you don't need to store yet another folder of converted midi files... you just load in the AD midi and have it converted on the fly inside reaper...

so many ways to skin the cats and so few cats... hahaha
Old 01-11-2013, 04:40 AM   #39
Bluenoise

There's always room for one more drumplugins. In my opinion a producer/composer must change his or her sound all the time. So many people are using ezdrummer, BFD and superior that you are in the thick of sounding like everybody else if you use only these:-)

Drummix line is something else. It's unprocessed drum plugins that you could mix the way you want.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #40
Smurf

Well, I was going to grab it, but I can not use a USPS MO for it....RATS!!!

Check or MO is listed, but I just received an email that if it is not listed, My Commerce will not take it....

And no, we don't do PayPal CC.

On the future want list it goes....