Old 07-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #921
XITE-1/4LIVE
Human being with feelings

Thanks for the latest instructions that can be assigned to toolbars.
I am not that heavily involved with looks but faster Audio/MIDI recording, and portable install as a Slave via LoopBe.
So less time in front of the LCD means more time playing and recording.
Small usable increments suit me fine.

CiaoMein...
XITE-1/4LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #922
mustgroove

Just wanted to mention this SWS bug... I've posted an issue here (http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi...ummary%20Stars) but wanted to mention it here anyway...

- Create a new project
- Insert 2 tracks
- On track 1, create a send to track 2 and then disable master/parent send
- Visually, the track indicates this routing setup like this:

- Save snapshot (Full Track Mix)
- Recall snapshot
- Track 1 is recalled with the track I/O icon coloured red, visually indicating no sends:

- Clicking into the routing options reveals sends are actually active, and audio does actually send

- You would expect the snapshot recall to correctly indicate routing status, per the first screenshot...

SWS 2.3.0 #2

Reaper 4.26pre6e

OS X 10.7.4
mustgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #923
Mr. Data

Hi,

quite a long post here and I hope it's the right place to post this. I'm dealing with the translation of the SWS-Extensions into German at the moment and I've got quite a few problems and I try to depict the most with screenshots.

Let's start with the menu.

When looking at the translated version of the extensions menu in the submenu of the "Project Management" entry, it looks like this:

As you can see, the entry below the separator still shows the English version. I couldn't find the string i.e. the hashcode.

Auto-color/Auto-icon:

In the left picture the menu entries in brackets as well as in the right picture the entries inside the frame are translated, but don't appear translated for some reason (which applies also to the column "Farbe" btw).

Autorender:

In the folder selector I can't find this string:

Furthermore the strings in the following mboxes
"Autorender: Render Extension Error"
"Couldn't get render extension. Manually render a dummy file with the desired settings and run again."

"Render Path Not Set"
"Render path not set or invalid. Set render path in Autorender metadata."
do not seem to be available.

The strings in "Autorender Usage" are also missing.

Find:

Besides the Caption, I couldn't find any strings to translate this dialig.

Groove Tool:

The mboxes
"Error"
"No active MIDI editor"

"Error"
"No groove loaded"
I can't seem to translate, although the first one showed a translated caption, but it doesn't anymore. Dunno why. Maybe I messed something up.

Project list

The menu seems not to be put in the langpack template yet.

The first (translated) entry below the separator also doesn't take the string from the menu.

The mbox strings
"SWS Project List Save"
"No saved projects are open. Please save your project(s) first."
could not be translated.

Region Playlist:

In the dialog "S&M - Add playlist", the "Cancel" button won't translate. (Maybe I didn't find the right hash to unlock).

Tracklist:

When right-clicking into the table (not the table header) the context menu doesn't translate. Couldn't find the hashes.

Xenakios:

When calling actions that generate mboxes (error-messages) or dialogs they all seem not to be equipped with hashcodes and therefore can't be translated.

Resources:

In the Resources window, when choosing "Track templates" and hovering the mouse cursor over the "save" button, the tooltip won't translate. It works on all other tooltips in this window. but not on that one.

A major issue for translating is, that there seems to be an assumption, that all plurals end on "s" in each language.

See:

This is not applicable in German at all(!) and I have found no way to solve this, because the ending "s" is hidden somewhere, I have no access to.

In German it would be:

Code:
WRONG                           RIGHT

FX-Kettes                       FX-Ketten
Track-Vorlages                  Track-Vorlagen
Projekts                        Projekte
Mediendateis                    Mediendateien
PNG-Bilds                       PNG-Bilder
Themes                          Themen
Probably it would be the best way to have strings for singular as well as for plural, otherwise it won't work. But I'm aware that this might changing the code necessary, so maybe you have a better solution.

Room and space in windows:

There are quite a number of windows in the extensions as well as in Reaper itself that are way too small. I always wondered why this has to be like this, even when translating the Reaper stuff. In a number of cases it is simply not possible to do a translation that fits and still is comprehensible to the reader. Therefore I generally avoid (non-offical) abbreviations.

If you look at the LFO-Generator, you see that there is a lot of space on thr right side of the "LFO-Kurve" rolldown. Why not use it? All in all, if the window would be wider, the rolldown at "Ziel:" could be displayed completely. Same goes for the Label Processor. If the window would be wider, the tabular format wouldn't be disrupted (and the lower line would be visible completely).

The window of the Groove Tool is resizable, but if you make it bigger, the frames, where you do the settings will stay that small and it is absolutely not possible to do a reasonable translation there.

Same problem in the Marker list: There is a lot of space that isn't used, but the strings of the checkboxes are cut.

This is the hardest one:

First, the yellow arrow pointing at the tooltip indicates, that I couldn't translate them as well.

In terms of available space, the radio buttons are not that a problem, although I'd like to have it "Vollständiger Track-Mix" instead of "Vollständiger Mix", because it would be the exact translation of the english string.

A bigger problem are the checkboxes, in the "Filter" frame especially the lower left one, labeled "Ansicht" and marked with a yellow arrow. It should show "Sichtbarkeit", which is quite a difference to the original "Vis", but there by all means is no way to abbreviate this in German and keep it understandable at the same time. Not to mention, that "Ansicht" might confuse more than help. "Ansicht" one would tend to translate to "(the) look" or "sight", whereas "Sichtbarkeit" clearly translates as "visibility".

Let's have a look at the upper red frame: The English word "Recall" is "Wiederaufrufen" in German and I don't see any way to shorten it (and keep clear what it means). Just to show you, I'll use fixed width, so you can compare the length of English and German strings for these checkboxes:

Code:
Filter on Recall
Filter beim Wiederaufrufen

Save Sel Tracks Only
Nur ausgewählte Tracks speichern

Recall Sel Tracks Only
Nur ausgewählte Tracks wiederaufrufen
I'm thankful that the lower three checkboxes are multi-lined, but there is absolutely no way to make a meaningful translation that fits in the space available for the lowest (red framed) checkbox, even though "Sichtbarkeit" already is shortened to "Ansicht" (which would be the wrong, but still (space-wise) best fittng term).

See what it should be in German and how I tried to shorten it while still keeping it comprehensible. The top most translation is the 'best' translation in terms of meaning, and the last is the shortest I could get:

Code:
Hide New Tracks on Vis Recall
Beim Wiederaufrufen eines Sichtbarkeits-Snapshots, neue Tracks ausblenden
Bei Wiederaufruf der Ansicht neue Tracks ausblenden
Bei Ansichtsaufruf neue Tracks ausblenden
I finally decided to take the second translation, because the third (shortest) hardly explains what this function does, actually. I also tried to play around with placing "\n" at the right position, but there isn't space enough whatsoever.

Sorry guys, if my window size comments sound like ranting. I just don't understand why in times of 24", 27" and bigger displays with 1080p and more we have to keep dialogs that small, so that even a (native) English speaking user might wonder: "What the hell is 'Vis'".

I'd like to point out, that the list of missing hashcodes most probably is not complete, But that were the ones I found. Also, due to my dumbness I might have overlooked things or did something wrong here and there.

However, any help of you extension guys would be really appreciated, not only by me, but also by many German (speaking) users who eagerly are waiting not only for a complete Reaper translation, but also for a translation of your great extensions, so they can use them more efficiently.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 08-11-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #924
timbralzoom

Default Remove Empty Midi takes/items

Hi
i hope i am not in wrong side of forum
here is my problem
i want to remove empty midi items at once after splitting them ..
i am trying to understand how to use this action
so far nothing .
what i am doing wrong?
any tips tricks would be really helpful
thanks
Yıldırım

timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #925
Mr. Data

Try to check, whether these items are really empty. If there are fractions of notes that reach into the empty looking items, it won't work. Also, (I can't check this right now) there might be some settings somewhere in prefs or whereever, that could prevent items from deletion if they are locked. Unlock them.

HTH

-Data
Old 08-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #926
timbralzoom

Hi Mr. Data
i am sure empty clips doesn't contains any note.
interesting thing is :
i just discover all empty clips in midi editor
shows
(+) with Velocity and there is absolutely no notes.
i am also cleaning all CC data from clips..

more weird than this:
if i let Reaper to Glue imported midi tracks at the first import, before doing anything else
(even just select 1 clip press Glue... not 2 or more clips to glue together)
Action starts to working.
anyway i think i can live with this workaround

Thank you
Old 08-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #927
Reno.thestraws

Is there a way to select track by name instead of trackID number in the console using S command?

With prefix and suffix, it would be a great way to make super Customs actions

example, you get have tracks in your project

you're selecting 45 of those, inserting a suffix "g1" with reaconsole to all these tracks

now with the command "Sg1" you're selecting these group of track when you want

A sort of selection save...

with the .txt edit custom command, this would be easy as hell to use with toolbars and so on

(underscore are space)
command 1 : z_________g1
command 2 : z_________g2
command 3 : z_________g3
and so on

set as many command you want as toolbar icon to create selection save

and add more command
command : Sg1
command : Sg2

and so on
set as many command you want as toolbar icon to restore selection

now you restore any track selection you want with toolbar buttons...
Old 08-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #928
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgroove View Post
- You would expect the snapshot recall to correctly indicate routing status, per the first screenshot...
Yes, it's a known issue with the REAPER's API, just a "visual issue".. You can confirm it here if you wish: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=2642, we have no mean to refresh these leds efficiently, yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Hi
i want to remove empty midi items at once after splitting them ..
i am trying to understand how to use this action
so far nothing .
what i am doing wrong?
any tips tricks would be really helpful
The action "SWS/S&M: Remove empty MIDI takes/items among selected items" works fine here.
I suspect you are using the pref "import existing MIDI file as .MID file reference" enabled vs "import as in-project (recommended)". This would also explain your other findings about glue: when you import an item w/ this pref enabled, and then split it, you will see in the "source properties" dialog box that any splitted part of it has the same nb of events -EVEN when it looks empty (this nb == the nb of events of the said .mid file)
EDIT: I forgot the main point.. This S&M action only support in-project MIDI data at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Data View Post
Hi,

quite a long post here and I hope it's the right place to post this. I'm dealing with the translation of the SWS-Extensions into German at the moment and I've got quite a few problems and I try to depict the most with screenshots.
Many thanks for all the detailed feedback Mr Data! A W E S O M E ! !
Good to see another translation for the extension too! And congrats for the effort (I know it is one )

Wow, I don't know where to begin here. I am far away from the code for a couple of weeks, so just a few comments on top of my head..
I'll have a look and come back to you later about the remaining issues…

- Find tool: yes, it is not localized ('cause there is a better version in the drawer but it has never been released)
- TrackList: not localized either (might be removed at some point: over exceeded by the new Track Manager)
- (just to make sure..): are you using the last v2.3.0 #2 template LangPack file (http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/downloads/list) ? This would explain some missing strings
- Groove tool, Autorender, Xenakios, etc.. missing messages & undo points: yes, I have localized say 75% of the code but not everything… I localized all my stufff (S&M) but I do the rest from time to time.. I would need some help from the other project members Anyway, we should get there at some point
- "there seems to be an assumption, that all plurals end on "s" in each language": yes, this sucks! we have the same prob in French. I'll fix that (i.e. new langpack entries for plurals)

Room and space in windows:
this is the most tricky issue… we face this one in French too and not only for the extension but also within REAPER windows.
In French, we used abbreviated strings for things to fit but it is not a rea. sol. of cour., it kin. of suc.

For the extension, only the S&M windows/controls will be dynamically sized according to stirngs. For the rest, the localization "framework" we use "tries" to size the controls behind the scene but (IMHO) that does not really work and some GUIs will look completely unaligned/disorganized as if the developer was drunk or something
So, since it is too much work to migrate all windows into S&M-like ones and since we do not master everything (auto-resizing), that is not easy to fix.
But I see some stuff in your screenshots that can be improved quite easily - at least. I'll try to sneak that when I'll have a moment..

If you see other problems, do not hesitate Mr Data! Thanks again, much appreciated!

Last edited by Jeffos; 08-14-2012 at 06:13 AM. Reason: forgot the main point..
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #929
mustgroove

Thanks Jeffos, hopefully there are some fixes made to the API on this point.
mustgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #930
timbralzoom

Thank you Jeffos
i think still something is weird
even maybe there is a Reaper bug i don't know
here is new one with pref.

btw. as i said i am ok with this Glue workaround.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #931
Jeffos
Mortal

timbralzoom, please can you post that project (just after the split, but before ruuning the "clean-up" action) ? Thank you in advance!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #932
timbralzoom

sure
here it is

Last edited by timbralzoom; 08-18-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #933
Jeffos
Mortal

thanks timbralzoom! I see.. it seems the left items were indeed initially imported from a .mid file but then strangely turned into in-project data: all the MIDI events are duplicated for each splitted parts -even the empty ones- i.e. same/duplicated in-project MIDI data but with different source offsets. I'll add support for this kind of things + .mid file references (later).
Old 08-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #934
timbralzoom

Hi Jeffos thank you for your attention!

i found second strange things
sometimes action removes all clips not only empty ones

here is the procedure:
import midi
duplicate it
open one of them and select all CC data + delete ( CC cleaning .. i often do this )
now there is two clips
one with CC and one with no CC

action removes all splits / items from "no CC" clip

and of course if i glue them action works perfect

i am uploading project ready to split ( no matter 1/4 or 1/2 or 1 , 2 bar split )
also if i save after split file size goes to 2mb so i am uploading before the split version..

btw.
i am not sure are they already same issue / thing with the first one
i hope i am not boring you with over details...
just want to let you know.

Thank you again.
Yıldırım

Last edited by timbralzoom; 08-18-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #935
Mr. Data

Thanks, Jeffos, for your detailed answer and for your comments.
Yes, it is (was) an effort, but it's worth it.

I'm glad that you see many things as I do.
I'll be back and will go more into detail later. It's terribly hot right now and I can't concentrate on anything.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot: yes, it's 2.3.0.2.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 08-16-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #936
gwok

hey guys,

just a heads up - I posted on your tracker, though have a little more info now. Basically the Resources are in reallly rough shape. Not only are they causing Reaper to crash, but every time I open them, they open in a new docked tab, with some of it's element being in the previous tab, and some in the current -

[IMG]http://img12.**************/img12/2306/screenshot20120820at103.png[/IMG]

as you can see here - all the elements are missing - so I have to go to the first tab to pick my catagory, then I go back to this one to see the list

hope that helps
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #937
gwok

hey guys, by mistake I deleted files in the resources, when I meant to delete slots......

anyway, now I can't locate those deleted files anywhere. Can't find them in the trash etc...

is there a way I can track them down? I really don't want to lose those templates - any ideas?

thanks

g

(on osx)
Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #938
Mr. Data

As you might know I'm not on Mac, but aren't there undelete programs for Mac as well?

Maybe a good advice could also be that it would be best to do as less as possible with your computer, since (what I heard, but dunno, really) there is an automatic defragmentation, the user doesn't need to take care of. This could damage usable data.

-Data
Old 08-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #939
gwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Data View Post
As you might know I'm not on Mac, but aren't there undelete programs for Mac as well?

Maybe a good advice could also be that it would be best to do as less as possible with your computer, since (what I heard, but dunno, really) there is an automatic defragmentation, the user doesn't need to take care of. This could damage usable data.

-Data
Thanks, I'm with ya, but I think it's too late - anyway I've cut my losses for now
Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #940
Nixon

Hey SWS Team, i probable found a bug with the action:

create markers from selected items (name by take source)

somehow it depends on the active zoom-level how the markers are set

see:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...02#post1022502

for further details
Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #941
Jeffos
Mortal

humm.. some good news for ReaScripters are coming
we'll need some beta testers soon, keep an eye on the thread!

@timbralzoom, @gwok, @Nixon:
thanks for the reports guys, your issues should be fixed in sws v2.3.0 #4

@Mr Data:
I'm gonna look to the localization stuff.. But when I see words like "Wiedergabegeschwindigkeit" (<- no idea of what that means but wow! it looks like some serious stuff!!) I guess the probs you are facing are even worse than the ones we face in French!
=> even if it is a WIP, would it be possible to post your SWS.de or SWS+REAPER.de LangPack somewhere? (may be in the SWS tracker not to confuse German users?)
Old 09-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #942
Viente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
humm.. some good news for ReaScripters are coming
we'll need some beta testers soon, keep an eye on the thread!
oh...can't wait
Viente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #943
gofer
-blänk-

Woot!
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #944
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
@Mr Data:
I'm gonna look to the localization stuff.. But when I see words like "Wiedergabegeschwindigkeit" (<- no idea of what that means but wow! it looks like some serious stuff!!) I guess the probs you are facing are even worse than the ones we face in French!
=> even if it is a WIP, would it be possible to post your SWS.de or SWS+REAPER.de LangPack somewhere? (may be in the SWS tracker not to confuse German users?)
I'm off for a week or so now, but could you point me to "Wiedergabegeschwindigkeit" (which would be the correct translation for "playrate") anyway? IIRC we changed it to "Abspielrate" for 'length reasons', but it isn't that elegant. Nonetheless we try to avoid such problems in the first place, if possible.

Thanks anyway!

-Data
Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #945
Jeffos
Mortal

Take your time Mr Data! (but your LangPack.de would definitely help..).
Oh! and "Wiedergabegeschwindigkeit" was just a random example (I saw that word in a German thread title: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=109689)
Old 09-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #946
Mr. Data

Ah, I see. Thanks

You can download the langpack file here https://stash.reaper.fm/13953/Deutsch...ReaperLangPack.

It is the complete langpack (ie. Reaper's langpack including SWS-Extensions). I'm aware that they might be split later, but this way it was easier for me to correct things that caught my eye when working and trying things out. I also called it (and converted it to) 'ANSI' because I got into trouble with umlauts with the extensions, which was not a problem with the native langpack. But converting the whole thing to ANSI standard solved the prob.

Actions are not translated yet, BTW. (Well, it's possible that one or two or so are.)

-Data
Old 09-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #947
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
One question: Can SWS Snapshots window be somehow modified so that it looks better when the window is much wider than it's taller? It doesn't look great when I dock it along with mixer:

Hey guys, slightly repeating myself. Jeffos, would this be a hard fix? My suggestion is to remove the show/hide options button and instead of that just have an option in right-click context menu. Thanks!!
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #948
sws
Code Monkey

ED, it's not a hard fix as in coding time. It's hard because it's making a well-documented UI less intuitive just because one guy asked about it.
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #949
EvilDragon

Understood. However there likely could be a better way of dealing with that button and checkboxes/labels that get overlaid on top one another in this scenario?
Old 09-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #950
sws
Code Monkey

Yes, I definitely agree it's not ideal as is, it's just not as easy as just deleting the button.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #951
EvilDragon

No prob. Perhaps in this case (window being wide docked) checkboxes could go to the right of the Filter frame, and the button would not need to be deleted. I'm not sure of intricacies involved in making that happen, but I presume it might be easier than my first proposal (if width > something, position things like that and that... I dunno )

You guys are doing topnotch work no matter what - I'm curious to see what Jeffos meant by good news for ReaScripters.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #952
timlloyd

Quote:
You guys are doing topnotch work no matter what - I'm curious to see what Jeffos meant by good news for ReaScripters.
So am I
timlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #953
Anton9

Quote:
I'm curious to see what Jeffos meant by good news for ReaScripters.
It has to do with something Fingers purposed almost a year ago.., basically the ability to export SWS functions for use in ReaScript. It will also eventually make working with item chuncks way easier.

I can't wait.., well actually I've had to wait almost a year.., oh-well it should hopefully be well worth the wait.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #954
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
It has to do with something Fingers purposed almost a year ago.., basically the ability to export SWS functions for use in ReaScript. It will also eventually make working with item chuncks way easier.

I can't wait.., well actually I've had to wait almost a year.., oh-well it should hopefully be well worth the wait.
Haha Nobody else dared to say it out loud - I guess we're all hoping for the holy grail here. Do you know something or are you just speculating?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #955
Anton9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Do you know something or are you just speculating?
hmm.., would'nt you like to know? ..., ok, ok if you must. It's scattered throughout recent posts here http://code.google.com/p/sws-extension/source/list
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #956
gofer
-blänk-

Oh boy why didn't I think of that? Been roaming there for news, but not lately

thanks

Edit:
Going by Jeffos' last comment that I found over there (from about two hours ago), it seems we should now cue the drumroll sound

Last edited by gofer; 09-13-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #957
timlloyd

ooOOoo
timlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #958
Jeffos
Mortal

yes, there is no secret! everything is public.. from the current whatsnew on googlecode:
Code:
Issue 432: Export functions to ReaScript and/or to other extensions
Added functions:
+SNM_GetSetSourceState()
+SNM_GetMediaItemTakeByGUID()
+SNM_AddReceive()
+SNM_GetIntConfigVar()
+SNM_SetIntConfigVar()
+SNM_GetDoubleConfigVar()
+SNM_SetDoubleConfigVar()
Remarks:
+Although these first functions can be useful, the idea here is to beta test things => feedback is welcome!
+Larger plan = exporting easy/fast/reliable functions to process state chunks, MIDI data, etc..
^^ see the bottom "remarks" => feedback will be welcome (especially if you face some issues!)

"doc" and example here: http://code.google.com/p/sws-extensi...t_to_ReaScript

I just did the last update about that so these first reascrpit goodies will be in the NEXT release (you'll have to wait a bit though.. Tim is busy atm..)
Old 09-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #959
sws
Code Monkey

Tonight!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #960
nightscope

G'day.

Question fer the panel.

Is there any way to stop the Rconsole from closing everytime you use it? I want it to remain open and on top until I dismiss it.

'Anks.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote