Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
axeman
Human being with feelings

Default serious problems with TASCAM US-1641 (not necessarily a REAPER issue)

Greetings,

Ended up trying a TASCAM US-1641 sound card tonight, but it ended up having some major issues. The most serious of these problems:

1. An intermittent loss of output signal that varied between instantaneous clicks and several seconds of total silence.

2. Any attempt at lowering the latency (from its default setting) resulted in the TASCAM control application locking up and requiring a cold boot of the PC.

Am running on a Dell Dimension E310, in which all of the (6) USB ports are supposed to be USB 2.0, but I'm wondering if there's a chance that I've hit some issue with maintaining USB 2.0 speed/functionality. Interestingly enough, based on what I saw on the VU meters, the input signal seemed to stay present when the output fell silent. (Even a reboot of the PC caused the Windows power-up sound to play out with a significant amount of clicking/noise.) Or perhaps I just have a defective unit?

REAPER worked flawlessly with my old E-mu 0404, by the way.

Any guidance or insight on this problem would be greatly appreciated. If I can't work things out, though, I suppose I'll just have to send the unit back. (This would be a shame, though, as I could really use something with that many inputs.)

Thanks a lot and take care,

Alan
axeman is offline   Reply With Quote