Old 09-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
boatbassguy
Human being with feelings

Default Clock Sync with Usbpre2....

Hi all,

I'm trying to find in REAPER, or in my win7 operating system any setting that might overide or somehow influence the sample rate of my interface.

---------------------

I run a Usbpre2 and 90% of the time the 2 tracks provided are all I need. I occasionally would like to track 4 channels at once and to this end have been trying to get my usbpre2 to clock it's signal to my Sony D50 such that I can record 2 more channels to the D50's internal memory, for subsequent import into REAPER.

There is a thread here....

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=164451.0

... which explains the situation clearly. I know it's a bit convoluted, regardless, it should work and it would suit me if it did!

----

REAPER settings I've got sorted:

-Project settings/sample rate
-My ASIO driver settings.
-Options/preferences/device/allow projects to overide device sample rate. (unticked)

As kirkd says near the bottom of that Taperssection thread:

"I externally clock with a usbpre2 all the time. Granted coax spdif. So my first thought is the recording software i have on my PC has choice as to what it clocks against. (soundcard, pre2 etc) and it also has a choice of clocking to the input or output signal. So I am guessing your recording sofware is not set to clock to the pre2. I do know that when I use the pre2 for clocking it is perfectly dead on with what it accepts spdif from. "

Do we have some equivalent setting in REAPER?

cheers.
boatbassguy is offline   Reply With Quote