Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 09-14-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
chip mcdonald
Human being with feelings

Default Can someone explain how snapping in the midi editor works?

I don't want it to snap...

But it keeps getting set again...

So I try to see where things are snapping to by moving them around..

but it doesn't seem to snap to anything at all - unless I set the window next to "grid" to "1" (presumably a measure)

Then it acts like it *is* snapping to a measure - but nothing smaller? One time it seemed like when I re-opened the midi file, the first notes were snapped out of place.... but I couldn't figure out the beat increment?

I don't care about quantizing anything, I just want to be able to move a note-on value to where I want it and have it stay there - but it seems like there's a ghost in the machine.

I also can't figure out how to make the midi window consistently open to where the cursor is in the multitrack window - or even a loop selection in the multitrack? I'm spending a LOT of time moving the midi editor screen around trying to figure out where I am... "?"

ANOTHER QUIBBLE

I wish I could right click and "create new *unique) copy", instead of just a *dupliacete* - so I can edit the *new* "copy" without affecting the original... I presume there's a way to do this?

/ yes, I'm using audio editing paradigms for what I want the midi editor to do

// I like being able to manually line up midi notes in the multitrack to the audio info; I wish I could just move the notes in the midi editor to a marked location from the multitrack window, though...

/// doing my semi-annual "let's give midi yet ANOTHER try"
Old 09-14-2006, 05:17 AM   #2
Odin
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip mcdonald
ANOTHER QUIBBLE

I wish I could right click and "create new *unique) copy", instead of just a *dupliacete* - so I can edit the *new* "copy" without affecting the original... I presume there's a way to do this?
Right click + "Open as new take" maybe?
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote