Old 09-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #41
Mercado_Negro

Arrange view modifications, mostly. If someone needs/likes it let me know and I'll post it here.

Full size: https://i.imgur.com/C8h3s.png
Old 09-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #42
Ungifted
Human being with feelings

WooW, my new favourite!

very /\^..^/\
Ungifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #43
typewriter

Default Folder tracks?

Can't put tracks into folders since the folder icon is missing (on OSX).

It's visible only when I opem old files with folder tracks.

Am I missing something here?

By the way: Great theme. Replaced the default theme in my machine.
typewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #44
caseyjames

Is the playrate control hidden in this theme?
caseyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #45
airon

After a brief test of only an hour, I can so far say one thing. This is one fine piece of kit.

My sincerest thanks for sharing, WT and Bespoke.

Some dark dreams I never knew I had come true.

-edit-
Interesting clipping indication in the meters. I didn't even know that was possible.

Last edited by airon; 09-12-2011 at 05:14 PM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #46
XITE-1/4LIVE

Mercado Negro...........
I would love to have so many icons like you have, they sure don't look like they're floated.
Can we get such counts by simply adding them, or is this a floating toolbar next to the positioned toolbar at the top....?

Tell me I can load up one window and do away with several toolbars, all w/o floating. It would make my summer...

Ankyu
Old 09-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #47
StrangeSound

It looks very cool! Gotta try that one out, thanks!
StrangeSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #48
summer2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Arrange view modifications, mostly. If someone needs/likes it let me know and I'll post it here.

Full size: https://i.imgur.com/C8h3s.png
Hi Mercado,
I really like your mod. Please share it here. Also I'd like to create the double row toolbar icons like you have. How did you do it? Also what actions are used for those icons? Thanks.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #49
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKo View Post
I don't know if this is theme specific or not, but is it possible to fix the text (of the play state) in the transport bar to fit?

*edit*

How do you get the transport bar to look the same like the one in the screen shot in the OP?
Options/Layouts/Transport=Across the room
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #50
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XITE-1/4LIVE View Post
Mercado Negro...........
I would love to have so many icons like you have, they sure don't look like they're floated.
Can we get such counts by simply adding them, or is this a floating toolbar next to the positioned toolbar at the top....?

Tell me I can load up one window and do away with several toolbars, all w/o floating. It would make my summer...

Ankyu
No, they're not floating. You can attach the Toolbar Docker wherever you want, left, right, bottom or top. Then you can separate each toolbar (using Ctrl+drag). Here I made a video for you:

http://**************/clip/my-videos/718/x1p.mp4/

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer2000 View Post
Hi Mercado,
I really like your mod. Please share it here. Also I'd like to create the double row toolbar icons like you have. How did you do it? Also what actions are used for those icons? Thanks.
Take a look at that video I made for XITE-1/4LIVE. You'll see how to manage, dock, customize toolbars (2 rows, change width, etc.)

Here's the mod:

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/835/WT_...ReaperThemeZip

There are tons of actions there (even custom actions). I can share my toolbar if you want.

Cheers
Old 09-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #51
karbomusic

The read automation overlay doesn't appear to be observing transparency properly:

Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #52
summer2000

Quote:

There are tons of actions there (even custom actions). I can share my toolbar if you want.

Cheers
Thanks Mercado. I'm downloading your mod now. Yes I would like to check out your toolbar if you don't mind sharing it. I'll take your MIDI toolbar as well if have a customized one.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #53
bennisixx

WT thank you for sharing this. I especially like the fx rack layout for the mixer, it creates a close solution to my number one fr.

plus the glowing active buttons are just cool.

tried this on my little acer aspire one netbook, and it works nicely.
bennisixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #54
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Thanks Mercado. I'm downloading your mod now. Yes I would like to check out your toolbar if you don't mind sharing it. I'll take your MIDI toolbar as well if have a customized one.
They're attached here

Inside "MenuSetsMerc.zip" you'll find my toolbars, you can import them using the "Customize menus/toolbars..." window.

And inside "KeyMapsMerc.zip" you'll find 2 custom actions I use in a couple of toolbars. You can import them using the "Actions List" window.

Let me know if it works

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip MenuSetsMerc.zip (3.7 KB, 426 views)
File Type: zip KeyMapsMerc.zip (606 Bytes, 311 views)
Old 09-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #55
XITE-1/4LIVE

Man Or Myth...........Mercado.
Hombre Grande.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #56
summer2000

Hi Mercado,
I tried to import your grooves menu file to floating toolbar 2 and got this error message:
ReaperMenu file does not have menu for 'Floating toolbar 2'

What does this mean? Thanks.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #57
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Hi Mercado,
I tried to import your grooves menu file to floating toolbar 2 and got this error message:
ReaperMenu file does not have menu for 'Floating toolbar 2'

What does this mean? Thanks.
And does the rest work?

You know, I think we're taking this too far/off-topic. Could we please continue this via pms? Thanks.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #58
summer2000

Quote:
And does the rest work?

You know, I think we're taking this too far/off-topic. Could we please continue this via pms? Thanks.
You're right. PM sent.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #59
jedstar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftersixProductions View Post
I'm in love with this theme!

Here's a problem i've been having with the Default theme, as well. But I seem to be the ONLY one reporting it, lol.

The pan knobs are always getting cut off. I guess it's not just the default theme with this problem.

This one tells me we've all been trolled some how.

That's what I get when I change it to ''volume fader'' in the MASTER MIXER PANEL.
..........Confirmed.............

And I get the feeling thats Mr white ........ The not so terrifically nice side of Mr Tie.
jedstar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #60
mabian

Quote:
Beautiful theme, though, and it's quite possible White Tie is testing us some how.
I have quite the same suspect, especially after reading the viking thread ...

- Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:51 AM   #61
ShapeShifter

why no separator layouts????
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:38 AM   #62
bluzkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
Go back and read the original post!!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:01 AM   #63
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Thank you, thank you.

Quote:
I could see this being the 'new' default in the future.

Do you have plans on completely replacing the current 'default' theme in the future?
I really appreciate the complement, but ...for every theme that is ever made, someone always says it should be the default. I believe its happened for every theme ever made by every member of the Theme Team. Its the running joke of the theme forum, and it has never been true. The default has some very specific jobs to do and much tighter constraints to abide by, far beyond being the theme that you might personally like. If you like a theme, that means one thing and one thing only : that you should perhaps use that theme.

The new default came out ...what... a month ago? So, er, no - not planning to replace it any time soon, blimey.

Gents : Could I humbly request there be no more talk about the default theme in this thread please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by run, megalodon View Post
One thing I'm noticing in the mixer is the peak display tenths place being cut off. This seems to happen more or less with a lot of themes. Maybe specifying the amount of digits to show would be a good WALTER FR sometime?
The current peak readout display is as it was in V3 despite the new meter functionality, and is a cause of much woe to me too. Making FRs about the meters is a tricky subject, however, because their ultra-high redraw rate means that only highly efficient methodology is acceptable, and normal bods like you and me have no clue what 'highly efficient' actually means in this bit of the Reaper code!

Quote:
is it possible to fix the text (of the play state) in the transport bar to fit?
Reaper bug. The only 100% sure way I've found of avoiding it is by finding a size that shows correct, and then not allowing it to stretch at all. But the stretch is useful functionality, so on this theme its an unavoidable design choice I'm afraid.

Quote:
How do you get the transport bar to look the same like the one in the screen shot in the OP?
Drag it into the floating toolbar (T) from another docker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyjazy View Post
By the way, why do I get a black line in the docked windows label all the time?
Ouch. I've never seen that bug before, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
I just hate it that we cannot use our own PNG strips for knobs
Efficiency over appearance, its a core Reaper principle. But yeah, I'd like them too. Tip > the proper term is 'bitmap stacks', they've been around since the dawn of computer graphics - using the PNG format is but a recent development. They are of inherently lower radial resolution than a code line, unless you go nuts, so the user can be be making fine adjustment that shows no change in the knob because its between frames, yet he's paying a much larger ram/redraw cost. Having said all that, if we had 'em, I'd use 'em.

Quote:
i'm not sure if that 'folder' icon is supposed to look like that, seems it doesn't match the theme too well. Maybe it's a problem on my end.
Click the menu button in the MCP master, tick 'clickable icon for folder tracks...'. This theme (and this themer!) sees no reason you would want that unticked, and behaves accordingly

Quote:
The pan knobs are always getting cut off..
This is all part of Reaper's 'the audio is the most important thing' ethos; graphic redraws aren't prioritised for functionally unimportant stuff. Areas that we use yellow lines for are things like backgrounds and visual grouping elements ...these are not the controls themselves... and they get a lower redraw priority.

I do think that an option in Options > Appearances > UI updates for 'redraw all elements at the same rate' would be nice for those of us who can spare the horsepower, though I acknowledge it wouldn't be very Reaper-ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typewriter View Post
Can't put tracks into folders since the folder icon is missing (on OSX).It's visible only when I opem old files with folder tracks. Am I missing something here?
Indeed, that control is removed throughout because the client only uses the 'drag&drop of TCP tracks' method of folder management. Give it a go, you might find you prefer it too. I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyjames View Post
Is the playrate control hidden in this theme?
Shouldn't be. Right click the bar for the visibility choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
The read automation overlay doesn't appear to be observing transparency properly
Indeed; Reaper's method for choosing where to apply the colour overlay is quite crude, its unavoidable for now I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
Client didn't ask for one. As it happens, I don't think they are a good idea at all, because its not possible to make a separator layout that behaves as a separator layout ...it can only look like one, while simultaneously being a bit of a user error generation trap.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:13 AM   #64
catfish

Holy crap. This is AMAZING.

/theme hunt
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:23 AM   #65
AftersixProductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Thank you, thank you.

I really appreciate the complement, but ...for every theme that is ever made, someone always says it should be the default. I believe its happened for every theme ever made by every member of the Theme Team. Its the running joke of the theme forum, and it has never been true. The default has some very specific jobs to do and much tighter constraints to abide by, far beyond being the theme that you might personally like. If you like a theme, that means one thing and one thing only : that you should perhaps use that theme.
Haha, I completely understand this and I agree. I'm thinking from the perspective of potential buyers who go off ''looks'' first, before asking specific questions about how it works.

The current default is great. In fact, it's all I've been using before you released this new theme. But one can't ignore the fact that MORE work has been put into this new Theme, whether or not you see it that way (I understand working with a team, you have a lot more work to be done, for obvious reasons, compromises, for example). But there are a lot of elements of THIS theme that just seems more well thought out in comparison.

Quote:
The new default came out ...what... a month ago? So, er, no - not planning to replace it any time soon, blimey.
You're right.

Quote:
Gents : Could I humbly request there be no more talk about the default theme in this thread please?
Crap! I saw this too late, and already mentioned it above. It can be erased. But I was just responding to your comments.

Quote:
Click the menu button in the MCP master, tick 'clickable icon for folder tracks...'. This theme (and this themer!) sees no reason you would want that unticked, and behaves accordingly
Fair enough.

Quote:
This is all part of Reaper's 'the audio is the most important thing' ethos; graphic redraws aren't prioritised for functionally unimportant stuff. Areas that we use yellow lines for are things like backgrounds and visual grouping elements ...these are not the controls themselves... and they get a lower redraw priority.

I do think that an option in Options > Appearances > UI updates for 'redraw all elements at the same rate' would be nice for those of us who can spare the horsepower, though I acknowledge it wouldn't be very Reaper-ish.
I completely understand where you're coming from. I just figured I'd bring it up, because as a designer, you'd want nothing taken away from the work you put in. You know? A decade ago when I was doing graphic design-like work, I was very anal about those things.

To have an element of your design/GUI get cut off, to me, is like a kick to the stomach. Imagine you work hard on something for a client, whether it's a Reaper GUI, album cover, poster, logos, etc... and your hard drive crashes after weeks or more of week. lol to know something I created was getting ''chopped and screwed'', would be painful to me. Especially when a great looking GUI to a DAW is almost as important to how it functions. Especially in 2011.

Plus with the computers out now, all the horsepower, having that option to 'redraw all elements at the same rate'' would be so insignificant in terms of the power needed to do this. Yet, will go along way in making your product look like it's ready for Professional work.

Thank your hard work, and can't wait to see what you and/or your team comes up with in the future.
AftersixProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:26 AM   #66
AftersixProductions

Oh yeah, the Playrate control isn't visible when you choose ''floating mixer master'', and dock it on either side. You have to disable this to see the Playrate Control. Maybe CaseyJames can confirm this.
AftersixProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #67
jedstar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Thank you, thank you.

Yep sure all sounds good and noble but surely this kind of thing could be avoided.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #68
SEA

How do I install this?

I put it into Program Files/REAPER(X64)/InstallData/ColorThemes and get this gui

(see pic)

What's up?

Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic

Last edited by SEA; 09-29-2011 at 03:12 AM.
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #69
bluzkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA View Post
How do I install this?

I put it into Program Files/REAPER(X64)/InstallData/ColorThemes and get this gui

(see pic)

What's up?

Thanks!
Wrong path... see this thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=57315.

But first...

Double click the theme file, and see what happens.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #70
jedstar2000

Default Love This Theme

Well almost...........

Couldn't help myself lighting it up a little and changing the toolbar .

and adding a bit of Reaper Green lol

https://stash.reaper.fm/9808/Bespoke.png

Let me know if anyone wants and i'll upload it
Old 09-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #71
summer2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedstar2000 View Post
Well almost...........

I like this one too. Please upload it here. Thx!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #72
airon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA View Post
How do I install this?

(see pic)

What's up?

Thanks!
You can simply double-click the theme, or toss it on to a running Reaper instance. That'll install it as well.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #73
XITE-1/4LIVE

Grazzi Brotha' Man Mercado Negro....

I have what I like the most.
A much bigger screen, no need for Main Toolbar until I am done, no need for metering as I mix in Scope DSP, no need to view the TCP when I have every Toolbar I need, no need for the MIDI Editor either.
Just a good sized space fro fast recording of automations, MIDI notes and hosting Kontakt Instrument Banks.

But If I do need to meter I call up the MCP Layout XL so there's nothing but meters I can view from a distance since I dont no stinkin' QWERTY....

Thanks WT, and MNeg.......

Last edited by XITE-1/4LIVE; 06-27-2012 at 08:17 PM.
XITE-1/4LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #74
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XITE-1/4LIVE View Post
Grazzi Brotha' Man Mercado Negro....

I have what I like the most.
A much bigger screen, no need for Main Toolbar until I am done, no need for metering as I mix in Scope DSP, no need to view the TCP when I have every Toolbar I need, no need for the MIDI Editor either.
Just a good sized space fro fast recording of automations, MIDI notes and hosting Kontakt Instrument Banks.

But If I do need to meter I call up the MCP Layout XL so there's nothing but meters I can view from a distance since I dont no stinkin' QWERTY....

Thanks WT, and MNeg.......
Cheers!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #75
polysoniq

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedstar2000 View Post
Well almost...........

I like this mod too jedstar.My eyes stuggle with the darker original which is is brilliant and understandably a custom job.If posting a link here is not agreeable to White Tie then could you please send me a copy via pm.Thank you.
polysoniq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #76
jedstar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by polysoniq View Post
I like this mod too jedstar.My eyes stuggle with the darker original which is is brilliant and understandably a custom job.If posting a link here is not agreeable to White Tie then could you please send me a copy via pm.Thank you.
I understand White Tie isn't adversed to versions/mashups as long as credit goes to ware credits due and no profit is made from his work.

I will carry on tweaking tonight and upload it.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:24 AM   #77
mr jkn

Wow.
Thank you, WT.
mr jkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:57 AM   #78
strunkdts

WT has done it again. Looks great!
strunkdts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #79
SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzkat View Post
Wrong path... see this thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=57315.

But first...

Double click the theme file, and see what happens.

Thanks bluzkat! I did double click and got the pic I posted above

Going to try to weed out some of these old themes and start with the NEW Walter ones ;-)

Old 09-14-2011, 04:01 AM   #80
SEA

Ok Cats! Here's what I did.

I put this theme in both places. 1st, I put it in C:\USERS\<username>\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\ColorTh emes

Still looks like my pic above.

Then I put it in C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\\ColorThemes
but I still can't see WT Brawn bespoken correctly.

Now what?

Last edited by SEA; 09-14-2011 at 04:14 AM.