Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 05-27-2015, 01:52 AM   #1
OldSchoolDJ
Human being with feelings

Default FabFilter Pro-Q 2 : FX Window Problem

OK - I seem to have a problem unique to the FabFilter Pro-Q 2 plug-in, and would like some more insight into it.

I will set up my particular situation:

Running Reaper v4.78/x64, on a Windows 7 platform.

I mix on a dual-monitor set up, and arrange my windows where there is always a FX window open, and my preferences are set to 'Only allow one FX chain window open at a time', and 'Open track FX window on track selection change'. In this manner, anytime I click or select on any track within my project, the FX window for that specific track is automatically displayed.

My problem that seems to be specific to FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is, that every time I click on a new track, when the FX window "refreshes" to display the chain for that track, the "focus" of the DAW seems to be shifted to the FX window, and the header for that particular plug-in is "selected" and highlighted in blue [VST: FabFilter Pro-Q 2]. This shift of "focus", or highlighting the header in blue does not happen with other plug-ins, or even if FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is in the chain for that particular track, but it was not the plug last selected or displayed upon the last viewing of that track's FX window.

My big problem with this particular unique behavior is: A) I have that particular EQ on almost every track in my projects; B) with this shift in "focus" upon clicking anywhere new within the project, the next attempted "action" or input from the keyboard is now trying to act upon that plug-in or the FX window. For instance, if I single-click on a audio event somewhere on my timeline, and then immediately hit [DEL] to delete the event from the project - it doesn't work anymore. Instead, it ends up deleting the instance of the FabFilter Pro-Q 2 plug-in on that track because of the shifted "focus" or highlighting the header for that plug-in in the FX window. Same thing when clicking anywhere new in the project, and then clicking [Ctrl+S] to save the project - instead it opens the "Save FX Chain" dialog window because or the "focus" shift to the FX window.

You can see where this behavior would be annoying. I absolutely LOVE that particular EQ, but I absolutely HATE this behavior upon "refreshing" the FX window when selecting a new track. Performing another single-click on a track or event will shift the "focus" (or un-highlight the header in the FX window and it will turn grey) back to the timeline and you can edit and function normally - but that sure is a pain to realize when you need to do that and when not.

Anyway - sorry to ramble on so long. Just wanted to fully describe the problem, see if anyone had any insight into it, and hopefully put it out there for a possible solution. Thanks everyone!
OldSchoolDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
OldSchoolDJ

BUMP .......

Hey guys, running 5.11 now, and still have the same problem listed above. Can anyone help me out ?!?

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-22-2016, 01:02 AM   #3
OldSchoolDJ

BUMP !!!

Now running 5.21, and still having same issue. Any help, or forwarding on to development would be great if it can be fixed / addressed ?!?!?