Old 04-16-2017, 04:20 PM   #121
Blankfiles
Human being with feelings

New ADDS on mixer 5 Choices of color fader
New Side Layout

I do my best to finish it soon as I can !
Blankfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:22 PM   #122
vidalsh

WOW...

I can´t wait...aaargghhh LOL
vidalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #123
wjmwpg

I'm excited for this like a kid awaiting Christmas morning . . . Every time I get notified that you've posted to this thread I poop myself a little in anticipation.

I am still curious how selected tracks will look different from non-selected tracks?
Old 04-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #124
Lestat66

Looking incredible and I like the format/layout. Excellent!
Lestat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:41 PM   #125
Blankfiles

This is not 100% sure for selected track but here a test, if you have any suggestions

First select next none...
Old 04-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #126
sightlessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankfiles View Post
New ADDS on mixer 5 Choices of color fader
New Side Layout

I do my best to finish it soon as I can !
Looks amazing!

Selected track... nope... looks so .... amateurish compared to the whole theme, lol.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #127
wjmwpg

Quote:
This is not 100% sure for selected track but here a test, if you have any suggestions . . .
I'm 100% behind the "outline" approach but personally would like something that pops just a little bit more, like this:

. . . but of course others may disagree. For me, being able to immediately see (without even trying) which tracks are selected and which are not is extremely important.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:18 PM   #128
Indemuse

Dude yer killin me! This is awesome stuff! Can't wait...
Indemuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #129
vidalsh

Quote:
This is not 100% sure for selected track but here a test, if you have any suggestions

First select next none...

Mybe try with transparencies?

I love the NO 3D ala new windows inferface, so if you put some in 3D the viewer becames grong...
Old 04-16-2017, 07:08 PM   #130
sightlessness

Maybe an outstanding icon meaning the track is selected (at the bottom), idk.
Highlighting the whole track too for me is a cheap way to do it. It kills the theme
in my eyes.

I hope you find an adequate solution :P
Old 04-17-2017, 01:14 AM   #131
bFooz

Regarding selected track, I find wjmwppg's suggestion pretty good since I want to see immediately what track is selected and what is not. I have modified my current theme to be like this, both in MCP and TCP:

bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:16 AM   #132
bFooz

There is one more thing I have noticed which may not work as intended - the pan knob is on the bottom and the pan read-out all the way on the top. And the width read-out back on the bottom. I would probably prefer having the pan knob on the top. It would be more accessible IMO.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:26 AM   #133
sightlessness

Sht, in a way you're so right, BUT the way it looks now is so good, I mean, the pan knob where it is located now gives more life to the mpc track. If stuff location were the same as other themes, it would look so plain, I think, maybe... lol
Old 04-17-2017, 06:56 AM   #134
wjmwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
There is one more thing I have noticed which may not work as intended - the pan knob is on the bottom and the pan read-out all the way on the top. And the width read-out back on the bottom. I would probably prefer having the pan knob on the top. It would be more accessible IMO.
I thought that was the width knob at the bottom and imagined that the pan was controlled by dragging in the upper area with the pan text readout . . .

EDIT: I see looking at the larger image that you're correct about the pan knob placement bFooz . . . though I don't see a Width knob at all . . .

What if my original, erroneous, assumption was correct? So dragging in that "upper pan text" readout area would control the pan, (no need for a graphic of a knob so long as the text reflects the pan setting as it's changed), and that single lower knob could for width control?

And for the dual-pan knobs approach (as seen in the right side channel strip in the small two-track image), the same as above could be true, except that dragging on the left or right side (specifically) of that "upper pan text" area would individually control the left and right side panning . . . then you wouldn't even need to two knobs at the bottom. I don't know . . . just throwing ideas out here . . .

Last edited by wjmwpg; 04-17-2017 at 07:57 AM. Reason: clarification, rumination . . . from nation to nation . . .
wjmwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:23 AM   #135
bFooz

Dragging the top portion to adjust pan would be fine I think. But graphical indication of the pan position is much more easier/faster to interpret than a textual read-readout. So if it is as you suggest, I would swap a text for a graphic. There is no need for a text actually.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:22 AM   #136
wjmwpg

Okay, now I'm just messing around because it's fun . . .

So the lefthand track has Pan and Width knobs at the top, and the righthand track has individual L+R Pan knobs . . .

Logically I think what I've done here "makes sense" but I find Blankfiles' own layout more visually interesting.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:39 AM   #137
BRBWaffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg View Post
Okay, now I'm just messing around because it's fun . . .

So the lefthand track has Pan and Width knobs at the top, and the righthand track has individual L+R Pan knobs . . .

Logically I think what I've done here "makes sense" but I find Blankfiles' own layout more visually interesting.
This layout makes way more sense.
BRBWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #138
wjmwpg

Or if you prefer larger meters (why not?) . . .

Old 04-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #139
tman

Quote:
Or if you prefer larger meters (why not?) . . .

Yes! I love the larger meters...can't wait
tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #140
bFooz

The last larger meters version is visually more interesting because there is not that much of a lego feeling of having two knobs and two buttons stacked on top of each other.

Maybe you could try to create a mockup where the fader has a full available height and the M S buttons are to the right above the meter. That would be more practical, you need the longest fader possible to have precision.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #141
Lestat66

Why don't we just let the guy finish his theme. He's already putting a lot of work into it as it is, he cant please everyone. If he tried, it will never get done..
Lestat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #142
bFooz

I have noticed another practical thing - on TCP layout, the expanded version against the shrinked one keeps the position on the track name, pan button and record button, but moves M S buttons all the way to the left. I think it would be better to keep the first "line" in expanded and shrinked version the same and just add stuff below in the expanded one. Maybe stretch the fader all the way underneath the track name and put the fx button in the narrow space under the pan knob. And the track number would be better to stay in the first row as well. But I have no idea how it would affect a visual side of the thing.

Just my thoughs and franky can't wait to load this theme up.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #143
tman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat66 View Post
Why don't we just let the guy finish his theme. He's already putting a lot of work into it as it is, he cant please everyone. If he tried, it will never get done..
you are right...
tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:28 PM   #144
sightlessness

Please no, M S buttons vertically look great, horizontal ew.... there is a reason I think lots of us liked this theme, is out of the ordinary.

Btw, maybe the surrounding lines around said buttons could work (bigger scale of course) for selected tracks?
Old 04-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #145
sightlessness

Quote:
Appreciate you caring about him, but he did say "if you have suggestions"
Old 04-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #146
wjmwpg

Quote:
I am certainly not expecting Blankfiles to implement any of these ideas. We're just playing around here and sharing our observations . . . furthermore, sometimes it's helpful when developing to get some help/feedback:

Quote:
. . . if you have any suggestions . . .
And so . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
. . . Maybe you could try to create a mockup where the fader has a full available height and the M S buttons are to the right above the meter. That would be more practical, you need the longest fader possible to have precision.
In theory I agree with you about the long faders, but I'm not so sure it doesn't make the right side too cramped:
Old 04-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #147
wjmwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness View Post
Please no, M S buttons vertically look great, horizontal ew.... there is a reason I think lots of us liked this theme, is out of the ordinary.

Btw, maybe the surrounding lines around said buttons could work (bigger scale of course) for selected tracks?
Agreed on all points . . . and that's an interesting idea about those boxes . . . My only concern would be that this would confuse the eyes regarding whether or not the buttons themselves had been activated . . .

Personally it doesn't make the selected track "pop" enough for my taste . . . but I know you don't like those outlines . . . not sure what the answer is . . .

And yes . . . I'll stop throwing ideas out there now. I love the theme and will hugely appreciate however Blankfiles chooses to complete his creation.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:49 AM   #148
bFooz

Quote:
In theory I agree with you about the long faders, but I'm not so sure it doesn't make the right side too cramped:
No good.

Regarding selected track highlight - maybe highlight it with a frame with the color of the track.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:48 AM   #149
sightlessness

Quote:
And yes . . . I'll stop throwing ideas out there now. I love the theme and will hugely appreciate however Blankfiles chooses to complete his creation.
I hope I am not stopping you from throwing out ideas. I love this forum and even
if I contradict you doesn't mean I am against you (just clarifying IN CASE my supposition is right).

Be well.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:17 AM   #150
Lunar Ladder

Quote:
I'm 100% behind the "outline" approach
Same here! I think the outline is both functional and stylish, especially when realized in the manner predicted in the screenshots. In my opinion, it suits the theme and makes the track selection stand out enough.

Also, as this theme is so strong already, my subjective viewpoint and message to the author is: take it easy and finish this according to the vision you have already presented here -- and after it's out there, it can always be tweaked/revised further, based on actual user experiences and feedback. It already has such potential to be a classic, I think it's very realistic to revisit it for a Concerto v1.5 or Concerto v2.0 at some point anyway : ) !
Lunar Ladder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:51 AM   #151
Blankfiles

Thank you all !! for all the ideas ,everything is good taste but unfortunately nothing does jump me enough for me to reconfigure all my mixer, my pans buttons its exactly where the first time I try them I said to myself '' I wanted to do different from everything I've seen so far'', and I agree with all your ideas it's great and nothing says that future updates will be accompanied by different layout to try to satisfy most Of those who really love this theme. I do not say that everything is perfect at the moment, but the hours go to put everything in place and if I want to release it soon I must continue in my direction, and I repeat it Add and change at any time during its release you are great to take part in this theme and continue to launch me your ideas ... the next may be the good

Ps sorry for my English
Old 04-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #152
parfumer

Idea for selected tracks(from my old theme). It is small but bright element. May be it useful.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmisuutnoo...sELtR.gif?dl=0
parfumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #153
Blankfiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfumer View Post
Idea for selected tracks(from my old theme). It is small but bright element. May be it useful.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmisuutnoo...sELtR.gif?dl=0
Good idea too

but for the moment I change for this way until the next update select and unselect show here realy easy to see what is selected or not !

Old 04-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #154
BRBWaffles

Quote:
Good idea too

but for the moment I change for this way until the next update select and unselect show here realy easy to see what is selected or not !

That's brilliant!
Old 04-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #155
parfumer

So nice!
parfumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #156
Blankfiles

I will need someone for beta 01 testing tomorrow ,any interested
need one for large screen and one for laptop thanks
Old 04-18-2017, 03:48 PM   #157
BRBWaffles

Quote:
I could handle the large screen testing.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:32 PM   #158
vidalsh

Quote:
27" at my workstation and 15" in my wife´s laptop...
Old 04-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #159
wjmwpg

I have all of the above. 27", 21", 18", 15" . . . happy to help if needed.

Last edited by wjmwpg; 04-18-2017 at 06:37 PM.
wjmwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #160
wjmwpg

Quote:
Love this. Looks great!