Old 11-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Grailknight
Human being with feelings

Default Superior drummer 2.0 in Reaper?

Hi.

How do I setup Reaper to recognize where I have installed my Superior drummer 2.0? I have gotten it to work earlier but changes in my software made it not to work for some reason so I have installed Superior drummer 2.0 to my external USB cabled hard drive. Is this a problem? Do I have to have it installed on my internal HDD?
And is there a setup somewhere inside Reaper to path to Superior drummer 2.0? And do i have to manually copy some VST(i) into some folders in Reaper?

Thanx for all help I cen get!
Grailknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
thequietroom

you need to either move the superior drummer .dll file to the folder your plugins are in, or add a search path to where it is at in the options menu.

or, if reaper does find superior, but there are no sounds, you need to point superior to the path of the sounds library.

I don't know if you will have a problem using it on a external drive. I guess you'll have to try it and see. It's a sample library and accesses a lot of samples quickly.
thequietroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #3
planetnine

Don't move the DLL or it will cause problems with incremental upgrades. SD2 needs to be upgraded from 2.0 to 2.3.2 anyway.

Either include or add the path to the DLL in the REAPER plugin path in Prefs, or uninstall SD2 and reinstall it with the DLL path where you would like it.

With the former you may have to "clear cache and rescan" to get REAPER to pick it up. With the latter, you can do this without erasing your sound files, the bit that takes all the time copying data from the DVDs.

Hope this helps and the OP hasn't forgotten about this post

Edit: I run a test copy of SD2 on a laptop with the libraries on a USB drive and it works ok. program files and DLL on the OS drive, but libraries on external drive.

It might take a little longer to load a library up, but Superior and EZD load samples to RAM where they are run from, so no playback bottlenecks.

>

Last edited by planetnine; 12-14-2013 at 04:45 AM.
planetnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #4
jobe13

For me, Reaper sees MY SD2.0 and Rock Warehouse SDX, but not my Metal Foundry SDX. Not sure why.
jobe13 is offline   Reply With Quote