Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-12-2015, 06:45 AM   #1
kuckuck
Human being with feelings

Default Touch Fader Automation: Which CC to "touch" a fader?

Hi Forum,

have searched older posts extensively and am looking for the following information:

How can I tell Reaper via Midi CCs that I have touched a fader during the "touch automation mode"? This function would allow to overtake control from a previously recorded automation curve.

Furthermore let me ask here if Reaper is able to receive/send/record track volume messages in 14bin midi CCs?

thank you all!
K
kuckuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:48 AM   #2
Banned

Hi kuckuck, welcome to this forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuckuck View Post
How can I tell Reaper via Midi CCs that I have touched a fader during the "touch automation mode"? This function would allow to overtake control from a previously recorded automation curve.
Afaik, this is not possible directly, only via the Control Surface feature. But even then, support seems to be quite limited; e.g. for the OSC Control Surface feature, it is only supported for track volume and pan position. This may be enough for your purposes, though?

In any case, I really wish we'd have a more general method to indicate "touch begins" and "touch ends" for every remotely controllable parameter, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuckuck View Post
Furthermore let me ask here if Reaper is able to receive/send/record track volume messages in 14bin midi CCs?
Again, not directly. But it can be done by converting 14-bit MIDI CC#s back and forth to OSC messages using an external tool (such as OSCII-bot, Pure data, Max/MSP, and many others), and using REAPER's OSC Control Surface feature. (I do that myself all the time; I often use a BCR-2000 at 14-bit resolution to control REAPER).

You may also want to vote here for 14-bit support for 'learned' bindings, and here for feedback to remote controllers.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:11 AM   #3
nofish

For Mackie mode it's listed here under 'fader touch' (it's MIDI notes).

http://home.comcast.net/~robbowers11/MCMap.htm

Don't know if it works the same for generic controllers though.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote