Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2017, 12:11 AM   #1
SwampDonkey
Human being with feelings

Default OMG what have I screwed up?(tempo mapping)

So... I am working on a cover of LOW's "Sunflower" for a friend's charity project (for another deceased friend). Im somewhat new at midi/tempo mapping, and not knowing where to start, I thought I would use this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-uEL5mu6ek

as a reference. I did all the steps(although apparently I did not):P ..the song , imported into reaper.

put markers on the transients/every measure.

but when I go to "enable metronome" and attempt to playback the original song...the thing plays back at a MUCH slower tempo, like 30/40 percent slower

I wanted to playback the original song to see how well the metronome would line up. it matches every measure correctly.. but the speed is WAY off. like ive time stretched the .wav file or something. EDIT. I know what is going on, but not how to fix it. somehow I am getting a "T" selection *in between* the marker regions. i guess it is putting it where my cursor is. I dont want that to happen. I want from marker *1 to marker 2* , marker 2>>marker 3, and so on...with no intermittent Ts(or whatever the hell that T is help please??
SwampDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote