Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 11-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
cincikat69
Human being with feelings

Default TRITON PRO Series by cincikat69

TRITON PRO - Classic/Modern Euro themes

Thank you to White Tie, Lampshade and Witti for some of the elements in use in these...your hard work and input is all appreciated. (~:

Version 2.0 Updates are further on in this thread...old v1 have been deleted. If you have downloaded one of the earlier versions, please go to download the new v2.0...thank you.

Last edited by cincikat69; 12-10-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Posted new links to updates further on in this thread...
cincikat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
Lestat66

Wow such a beautiful theme... Love it. Any way you might be able to do a sidebar for the Mcp's fx/sends inserts? The Mcp takes up my whole screen. I'm running on a 15' laptop, and maybe others are also in general.. I would love to use your theme and be able to have visual of the tcp and mcp at the same time . but I see you have done so much great work here already, I hate to even ask. lol. Thanks, it's still amazing.

Last edited by Lestat66; 11-29-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Lestat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
ivansc

The chap who was trying to get $52 for his theme should chek this out.
Nice work.
cant wait to see the vintage one.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
fwd0120

Such a great looking theme!!! Amazing job!
fwd0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:15 AM   #5
witti

Hey cincikat69, cool theme, but i discovered some wrongs in there.

-the scale area of the mcp bg image needs pink lines. the scale blurs.
-the images of the extended mixer have the wrong width. they blur.
-images with a fixed size (mostly buttons) shouldn't be resized by walter. they will blur.

So blur is the big problem in your theme.

Some minor things:

-tcp fx-in button is wrong waltered (position,size)
-tcp record input has wrong text margins i think and could disappear a little earlier when resizing the tcp
-tcp vertical meter is not resizing correctly (resizing in general could be a little improved in the tcp)
-tcp fx parameter are in conflict with the tcp meter.
-mcp extended mixer text margins are wrong (mcp.fxlist.margin,mcp.sendlist.margin)
-mcp_arrowbuttons_ud.png should be blank (or you have to remove the arrows from the mcp_fxlist_arrows.png,etc. images.)
-midi editor colors are not complete
-midi tracklist buttons and colors are still missing
-mouse editing help area: font color is too dark
-transport tap button looks strange/wrong. needs a better button.

Please don't get me wrong. Just wanted to give you a little hint to the wrongs and missing things. Maybe you know that all already. So the rule number one is: Avoid blur !

regards
witti
witti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #6
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

It looks to me like you've used a bunch of bits from Lampshade's Apollo theme*, which Witti has been modifying and expanding to extraordinary effect for some time. The man knows his onions.

*...amongst others...
Old 12-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #7
witti

You got me wrong...

I can't use your theme, because it's too big for my monitor.
But just tested it and some things got directly my attention.
Really only wanted to give you some tips of what i thought is not quite right and can be improved. Of course it's your theme, so don't listen to me...

Hey, of course it's my opinion. I don't like seeing things getting blurred.

All in all, i think your theme is great. Nice colors and elements and well structured. - I only wanted to dicsuss your theme.

Last edited by witti; 12-01-2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: corrected bad english
Old 12-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
witti

Hey come back ! (What have i done?)

I will never criticize a theme any more...
Old 12-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #9
Sambo Rouge

Witti,

I thought your criticisms were gently presented and you obviously went to all of the trouble of going through elements of the theme and giving, to my mind at least, invaluable feedback.

Please do keep reviewing themes --- most people value a bit of positive feedback.

This guy seems to have picked up his ball and left(after some editing of this thread).

He should take your comments in the spirit in which they were made and not be so thin-skinned.
Sambo Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:03 AM   #10
witti

My bad english makes some of my comments sounding a little harsh sometimes. I know that, but my intention is always good...
Old 12-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #11
ivansc

I got the impression that he was very nervous about exposing his themes in public. He already trashed them once and then re-posted a couple.
Trouble is, when one is a perfectionist, one always expects to be judged and found wanting, even when you aren't.

I sincerely hope we hear more from the Cinincinatti Kid real soon.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
Snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by witti View Post

I will never criticize a theme any more...
Please, keep criticizing!!! At least my themes (errrmmm.... mods and tweaks) if I ever happen to upload any...

I find your criticism highly positive and constructive. Keep going.
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
Lestat66

I think cincikat69 made an excellent theme and hope to hear back from him here on this post. Obviously people like his theme so that's why we are on here in the first place
Old 12-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
cincikat69

Default Setting it straight...

OK...

First, it's not about being thin-skinned (as was said). Not an issue I have, and obviously you don't know me.

Second, giving a few suggestions (after asking about things) would be fine. But look at how many times the word "wrong" is used in that comment. I am by no means a professional at this...at all. But I have put months into these, all by trial and error. The meter/fx parameters, and the fx-in size on the Classic was a simple issue of the wrong config file version being uploaded...my mistake.

Third, yes I am a perfectionist when it comes to my music and production work, and I suppose it carries over into these types of things as well. I won't put it out there unless I know it's what it can be. So, yes I took them down...to make some corrections.

When they are right I will post them again here in this thread.

Last edited by cincikat69; 01-25-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #15
ivansc

Good man.

Already playing with the existing ones and having fun.

You do have to remember that an awful lot of folks on here only have English a a second language & often struggle to say things the "right" way.

As an Anglophone who spends a lot of time speaking French, I cringe at some of the faux pas I made over the years.

I spent six months asking the driver of our work truck not to drive so "fastly round the elbows" because it had me fear.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
cincikat69

Ivan... LOL!
Old 12-03-2013, 03:25 AM   #17
Pashkuli
Banned

What theme?!?
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #18
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikat69 View Post
Ivan... LOL!
The most embarrassing part was the day when he and the other three guys I worked with finally burst out laughing one day and explained what I had actually been saying, rather than what I THOUGHT I had been saying.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #19
cincikat69

Default Final Versions

The proper versions of the "Euro" editions are up and available.

Please refer to the first post...
Old 12-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #20
ivansc

Thanks, dear boy! After black friday saturday sunday and cybermonday I will likely jot get round to doing anything but installing new stuff for another week, but when the dust has settled I am looking forward to trying these.
Arthritis bad sorry if typing is tryping...
Old 12-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #21
cincikat69

You are most welcome, Ivan! I am currently busy working on getting the other TRITON PRO series designs completed, and am also working on a couple of new ideas as well...some very cool vintage style themes (with some modern twists, of course). So a lot at once, but I am determined to get them done and available soon. Just takes a lot of time and focus...

And no worries on the typing, my friend...I get it. (~:
Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
cincikat69

If any issues/bugs, etc. are found in these, please let me know so that I may be able to work them out. I try to be thorough, but others may notice something that I don't...

Or if you just like them, that's cool to say too. (~;
Old 12-06-2013, 01:01 AM   #23
cincikat69

Default Update

Update - The custom meters of the 'Modern Euro' have been modified.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #24
ivansc

Work that clay.... Looking forward to having an hour or two over the weekend to try this all out.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:12 AM   #25
cincikat69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Work that clay.... Looking forward to having an hour or two over the weekend to try this all out.
Really focusing on these... Grab the ones now and let me know what you think when you have the time. I always appreciate your input, Ivan. (~:
Old 12-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #26
Seventh

As pointed out earlier, if you're using bits (images, color schemes..) from other themes, it would be at least appropriate to credit the creators of those themes for the work they've done. Maybe even mention exactly what you're borrowing, instead of claiming "original concept".

Anyway, keep up the good work. There are never enough themes to satisfy everyone.
Seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #27
cincikat69

I didn't say that it was all original materials, and I have credited and thanked those already in previous threads (these are a re-post/newer thread). But the concept of the name (TRITON PRO) and design is original...also the ones to come are all my custom work, these were just the first I completed in this series. So...just so you know.

But thank you for the comment and recognizing the efforts.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #28
SmajjL

The SmajjL version.

cinci,
Just say "thanks" to Imperial, Bespoke and Apollo and what ever and get that part over with in your first post, edit.
Just mention it or something, get - it - over - with.
You need all your energy and motivation to finish your theme and you don't need any negative distraction from people believe you me.
If people are reacting and "hinting" stuff you better listen, specially if it's one of the owner itself.
If you have mentioned it before somewhere on the internet, well do it again.
Just do it! (Nike!) i think?

I'm not saying this to put you down or to be a schmuk, schmack?, schwarzwald.. what ever!..

I would love to see your progress, not comments like the one i just made, see?

*hugs*
SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #29
cincikat69

I feel I must clear the air on this subject...

Over the last few years I have not used or kept any one particular theme by others. If there was some element or setup of one that I found interesting I placed it in a folder for later reference or further study (I am endlessly curious and love to learn how to do new things). I have collected bits and pieces over the years (faders, buttons and knobs, Walter code) and do not remember where they all came from. From the previous comments, I now am able to understand who some of these sources are/were.

With that being said, if I have offended, upset or otherwise stepped on anyone's toes in this venture I am truly sorry and meant no disrespect in any way. I have been studying the Walter and elements of many themes since it started, and have even chatted with White Tie many times by e-mail a couple years ago to learn or ask questions of something I wanted to know. And with these designs, I just wanted to share what I like to see..."analog" styling for a DAW as awesome as Reaper. I come from a long time of analog hardware and studio experience and have never liked the "plastic" and "digital" look of most DAW themes/skins. When I first shared some of my ideas last year I got some really good responses and feedback. So, I wanted to make something different and cool to share with others here. I sincerely meant in no way to cause problems or negativity.

I actually found one of my old themes some time back being taken for total credit by someone else halfway across the world (guessing they thought I would never know), so I do understand the frustration of not being given credit where credit is due.

I have edited my OP in this thread to include those whose efforts made it possible for me to share these. And if I have left anyone or anything out, my apologies...

I am currently working on several different theme ideas at once based on real-world hardware consoles and gear, with many original elements and the like. I hope that they will be good and accepted well, as I have put (and still are) many, many hours/days of energy and work into them. Most being unlike anything I have seen or come across in any form here or anywhere.

Thank you to White Tie, Witti and Smajjl for reminding me of some of the elements in use in these. I do truly appreciate it, and hope I did not offend...

And honestly, I somewhat feel I have created a feeling of negativity around this series of work, and am now wondering if I should continue. /~:
Old 12-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #30
fwd0120

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikat69 View Post
I am currently working on several different theme ideas at once based on real-world hardware consoles and gear, with many original elements and the like. I hope that they will be good and accepted well, as I have put (and still are) many, many hours/days of energy and work into them. Most being unlike anything I have seen or come across in any form here or anywhere.
Hey, if you want to be my hero, finish the REDD theme! That would be awesome!!!!! (Keeping in mind my feedback I had on it before the project was dropped)
fwd0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #31
cincikat69

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwd0120 View Post
Hey, if you want to be my hero, finish the REDD theme! That would be awesome!!!!! (Keeping in mind my feedback I had on it before the project was dropped)
Lol! I don't know about that now (though I agree it is a great idea thus far as it got), but I am working on a vintage Abbey Road/TGI theme and a couple of NEVE inspired designs...
Old 12-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #32
Lestat66

Keep em coming cincikat69.. Your work is much appreciated. Love this theme by the way.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #33
cincikat69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat66 View Post
Keep em coming cincikat69.. Your work is much appreciated. Love this theme by the way.

Thank you very much, Lestat! I'm learning as I go...it's all through trial and error.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #34
cincikat69

Default UPDATES...

Update - Several important updates to elements, and to Walter in both Modern and Classic versions.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #35
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

OK.

In Reaper theming we have a long and very fruitful history of mix'n'match theming. Its an awesome thing, many themers start out that way, and it is to a large part predicated on people not being precious over their work, but rather just putting it all out there and letting it become part of the big push. That's all good.

Crediting people has generally been pretty lax, and we've done OK with it. That's a big difference from passing off the work of others as your own which tastes pretty bad. Looking back over your post history, OP, it looks like you've done that since day one, but with good spirit, which leads me to suspect you don't realise you're doing it. Just ease back on the declarations of originality and authorship and you'll avoid putting noses out of joint. Easy cure leads to relaxing outcome, sounds good, yeah?

I've now downloaded this theme, and as Witti noted its full of problems. Misunderstandings of pink lines and inexpertly borrowed walter abound. None of this matters. Where there was nothing there is now something. Creation has occurred. Perfection is an unattainable goal that we all strive towards. OP, I again encourage you to engage with Witti who is trying to help you, and is probably feeling a bit odd about his help being met with a 'burn and run'. We're all cool, please be assured. We have proper trolls round here, brace yourself, but you ain't got their attention yet...

Bottom line: we need more active themers. Everyone's work is welcome and valued. Please do carry on, its much appreciated. But perhaps dialling down the attitude and drama would smooth things along.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #36
Pashkuli
Banned

Yeah, I have noticed what White Tie says up above.
Many problems. Just make a track stretch the track area panel far to the right and begin to move it all the way to the left:
· jump increasing of the track name field
· fx button passing on the back of the track name field
· peak meter moving to the left being not stretched just vanishes
· Frankenstein like visual appearing of the elements

Ok, I know it is a free theme after all but it has its problems.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #37
SmajjL

cinci,

wow, thank you for listening and your promt actions. please return the favour should i ever need it.

I feel you and white tajj have cleared the air finito now? then there is only one thing i am thinking about now that Tie sort of "thought" in his own way.
Here is the SmajjL version.

Please don't go antient samurai pride and begin some sort of harakiri ritual, you have said you are not thin skinned so i should not worry right?

Everyone that can read might benifit of learning something from this thread and if not, they might have learned something about you so there is no need for this again, in theory.

About the troll speech, oboy you should feel lucky cinci, some themers have had a much worse experience then you are having now to say the least.

You are reasurrounded by people wanting to help like 100% sofar it seems to me and you also have a fanclub looking forward to your work.

Also, i don't know if you are a lonewolf and wanna work alone and prefeer the trial & error thing all the way in peace.
If you want help then you are One lucky shit having Witty just waiting to help and he is Way past the trial & error thing if i can put it like that, he could help you in his sleep. lol

Anyways, it's all up to you and "your business", good luck from me.

Ps. not sure about my bloodsugar level atm.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #38
SmajjL

And another thing!

I took the librety to hack myself into the cincinnaty police departments computer and i erased all your criminal records/parking tickets, you are welcome.

Last edited by SmajjL; 12-07-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Hope someone got the joke or i will be laughing alone. :)
Old 12-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #39
cincikat69

Thank you to all for your input and suggestions. I want you all to know that I am taking them to heart. And I am at this very moment making some good corrections and adjustments/fixes based on the comments. It's making quite the difference! I will be updating the files in a little while and would appreciate any and all further suggestions...no worries, I can take it. (~:

And Smajjl - LOL! I get it...got a good laugh out of that one! (~;

Last edited by cincikat69; 12-08-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #40
ivansc

Yeah - a tiny tiny , minority of trolls/idiots who think they know everything but its mostly a group bootstrap thing round here still, happily.
We have our ups and downs but it is nice to see the edge coming off this particular thread and a spirit of co-operation sneaking its way in.

If I didnt have such a miniscule attention span I would love to start writing or at least hacking themes, but I have this album to finish, see?
One of the songs I finished recently, I started in the mid 1970s...(blush)