Old 08-01-2015, 11:10 AM   #1
Asensory
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI Input from KB Stopped Working

Greetings,

I had this problem when I first installed Reaper, and the solution was to reinstall the driver. The keyboard is a Korg RADIAS. I went into the driver file and ran the installer again, but no luck. Should I un-install the driver and install again, download an update (there shouldn't be one for a discoed KB)?

Secondly, WTF? Why would I just stop getting MIDI signals from the controller KB out of the blue? Is this something that happens regularly?

Very frustrating and grinds my progress to a halt.
Asensory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #2
Asensory

Bump...

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, nothing. I have no clue why this happens and how to resolve it...

I had the exact same setup running for a few months before the sudden clitch. From here either I resolve this soon or move on to another DAW.

I tried the Korg forums as well but got no response. Would greatly appreciate any help resolving this matter.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:37 AM   #3
Yidneth

It has happened to me a few times with both of my keyboards, I confess I'm not really tech wise and so far restarting I've solved the problem, though I fear it could happen in the middle of a live performance.
Yidneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:57 AM   #4
martifingers

Hi. Not strictly logical but have you checked the cable? or use the keyboard on another computer?
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:21 AM   #5
Gerry P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asensory View Post
I had the exact same setup running for a few months before the sudden clitch. From here either I resolve this soon or move on to another DAW.
Why not just try to narrow your problem down by using one of your soft-synths in standalone mode?
Old 08-02-2015, 05:37 AM   #6
Softshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by martifingers View Post
Hi. Not strictly logical but have you checked the cable? or use the keyboard on another computer?
How about trying the Korg with another app on the same computer? If it seems ok then it might be a REAPER thing. I kinda doubt it but ...

Cable is a likely possibility. I have a MAudio Axiom (USB) and the USB connector at the KB is a little loose. Even the slightest movement can break the connection causing REAPER to no longer see the controller. Restart Reaper and it's fine. Until it looses connection again. Solution would be forget the USB and use a MIDI cable and power supply.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #7
Asensory

The first time this happened I did have it working with a VI in standalone. I confess I did't try that this time because last time it proved to be a driver issue. I did mess around with the cable, unplugged it and plugged it back in a couple times to be sure. I know we don't usually think of that first off but I did give it a try.

I;ll try some VIs in standalone, I don't have another PC handy (or another MIDI kb hande) to experiment with... maybe I can dig something up.

Thanks for the replies so far.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #8
moliere

have you tried a different USB port? Sometimes if something bad happens on a port, windows remembers and doesn't let that device use it again (unless you remove the device using device manager/view hidden devices). Using a different port makes windows detect and install the device again. Also, try switching between USB2 and USB3 ports. Despite supposedly being backwards compatible, there's a fair whack of devices that won't work on one or the other.

Also, what OS? I had some issues on XP with USB devices w/ conflicting names that fixed itself on Win 7.
moliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:22 AM   #9
Gerry P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asensory View Post
The first time this happened I did have it working with a VI in standalone. I confess I did't try that this time because last time it proved to be a driver issue...
So this appears it is not a Reaper issue, as you had assumed in your op... keep digging... you'll figure it out.