Old 02-01-2015, 09:54 AM   #521
nightscope
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by recai View Post
So it is possible to utilize my ZEDR16 firewire mixer as an audio interface for recording input signals; instruments and vocals and utilize the Mackie MCU Pro for automation with Plug-ins and etc., within Reaper, correct?
Yes, that's the whole idea. Now I've never seen hide nor hair of this R16. But I think it also has functionality for Mackie Protocol as well as audio. So you might well be able to use it along side the MCU Pro in some configuration to give you at least 16 channels of fader and pot control in Reaper.

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:06 AM   #522
recai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Yes, that's the whole idea. Now I've never seen hide nor hair of this R16. But I think it also has functionality for Mackie Protocol as well as audio. So you might well be able to use it along side the MCU Pro in some configuration to give you at least 16 channels of fader and pot control in Reaper.

ns

Dude (nightscope) I mean that in technically professional manner,
since i connected the MCU Pro usb cable to my PC the ZED (A&H) drivers and mappings have disappeared from Reaper. This could be a fault of some earlier config changes.
I will need to reconfigure my system :-)
I will keep you posted with my findings.

btw ...
... can you point me to the thread from Klinde's lastest thread or post containing the update for the MCU Pro?
Recai
recai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #523
dixo

It would be quite similar to my current set-up. I am using a Zoom R24, which in its USB mode is essentially an 8 in/2 out audio interface combined with a control surface. Later I bought an Icon QCon Pro, which took over the control surface role, but the R24 still acts as my audio interface.

In fact, my Zoom R24 can still act as a control surface in parallel with the Qcon, but I never use that part of its capabilities anymore. And I have never tried to use it to expand the number of faders. The motorized faders of the Qcon make banking and using folders (with the Klinke MCU extension) so easy and convenient that I don't feel the need for it.

To do this you just configure the audio interface in Reaper's audio setup and the MCU in the Control Surface settings.
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #524
nightscope

Quote:
... can you point me to the thread from Klinde's lastest thread or post containing the update for the MCU Pro?
All Klinke's stuff is here :- https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker..._mcu/downloads

ns
Old 02-01-2015, 10:18 AM   #525
dixo

Klinke's stuff can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker/csurf_klinke_mcu

And this discussion actually happens in the latest Klinke MCU thread. Maybe it should have been placed in its own thread...

EDIT: lol, nightscope beat me to it, I'll shut up now...
Old 02-01-2015, 10:21 AM   #526
nightscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixo View Post
EDIT: lol, nightscope beat me to it, I'll shut up now...
Heh. I got "The Color Of Money" on the box. "Fast Eddy" in full flight.

ns
Old 02-01-2015, 01:34 PM   #527
recai

Quote:
Okay, I have the Klinke dll files installed in the Plugin directory of Reaper.
Following the instructions from Klinde's manual, I imported the dll file. My MCU shows
'nEAPER! Initializing ... Please wiit ...'
is this correct? This process is running over 20minutes now ...

Recai
Old 02-01-2015, 10:37 PM   #528
recai

Okay, i'm confused.
how do I configure the MCU Extender and the MCU Pro controllers?
What am I doing wrong?

In Control Surface do I select both Mackie Control (Klinde) and Mackie Control Universal for the Control Surface Mode?
The drop down for Control Surface list:
Mackie Control (Klinde)
Mackie Control Universal
Mackie Control Extender

I had both devices displaying channels 1 thru 8.
I would like to have the Extender display channels 1 thru 8 and the Pro display 9 thru 16.
Also, how is my audio interface (ZEDR16) configured.
In Midi Devices: Allen &Heath Firewire is "Disabled" in both sections, MIDI Input and MIDI Output.

Recai
Old 02-02-2015, 12:55 AM   #529
dixo

Remember from previous posts in this thread that there are 2 versions of the Klinke dll: version 0.6 and version 0.8. If you want to use Extenders you should use the 0.6 version. 0.8 has more functionality (folder mode!) but does not support Extenders. From the previous posts I am not 100% sure if you actually have a real MCU Extender, or that you want to use the ZEDR16 as an extender.
I have no experience with extenders so I can't really tell you how to set that up, but I guess it should be quite similar to setting up the main unit.
For the main MCU, once you put the Klinke .dll in the proper folder you should open Preferences>Control Surfaces in Reaper. You should add the "Mackie Control (Klinke)" to your list of control surfaces and choose the interface port of your MCU for input/output.
That should do it. Do NOT enable the MCU interface port under Preferences>Midi devices.

Also, only use the "Mackie Control (Klinke)" entry for your MCU. The others are the original Reaper supplied extensions which have less functionality. In any case: only select one of the available control surface types for your MCU.

For the audio interface you go to Preferences>Audio devices and set up your ZEDR16.
Remember, that is for the audio interface part only, not the control surface functionality.
Keep the ZEDR disabled under 'Midi devices' (and initially also under 'Control Surfaces').

My advice would be: start with Klinke v0.8 and use the MCU as your only control surface and the ZEDR16 only as an audio interface. Get a feel for how that works with banking through all your tracks on the MCU, and how the folder mode works. Then later you can experiment with Klinke v0.6 and try to get your ZEDR16 to act as an extender, if you still want it by then.

Last edited by dixo; 02-02-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:13 AM   #530
dixo

Quote:
Heh. I got "The Color Of Money" on the box. "Fast Eddy" in full flight.

ns
Hehe
Old 02-02-2015, 04:20 AM   #531
recai

dixo thank you for the reply;
Yes, I have both the MCU Extender and the MCU Pro main unit.
The ZEDR16 will be utilized as the Audio Interface (Firewire).
So, I will need to install the Klinke version 0.6; Okay.

I will try again today and provide an update.

Recai
Old 02-02-2015, 04:34 AM   #532
dixo

Ok, good luck!

Maybe it is a good idea to create your own thread to continue this discussion instead of using the current thread as this is not really about the Klinke MCU v0.8 extension in general anymore.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:43 AM   #533
recai

Hey good idea; Klinke MCU v0.8 Extension.
I removed all previous Control Surfaces settings in Reaper and followed your suggestion.
I have the main unit configured and have playback and exposure of 16tracks; banking through.
I would like to get the MCU Extender up and running. Would be a waste of space to keep it, if not functional.

New Post Coming. But first, I must dig out of 16 inches of snow surrounding my home and vehicle. "Midwest Snow Storm"

Or maybe I will just sit here and learn my new unit

Recai
Old 02-02-2015, 05:15 AM   #534
recai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixo View Post
Ok, good luck!

Maybe it is a good idea to create your own thread to continue this discussion instead of using the current thread as this is not really about the Klinke MCU v0.8 extension in general anymore.
Hey dixo and nightscope thank for your assistance.
Started new post per your suggested title Klinke MCU v0.8 Extension.

However, I may have saved my issue:
I selected both dlls from Klinke; Mackie Control Extended(Klinke v0.6.4.1) and Mackie Control (Klinke v0.6.4.1). Within Reaper you can select the "Surface Offset" size.
I have the Extender Surface Offset @ 0 and the Surface Offset on the main unit @ 8.
I now have access and display 16tracks. WOW!!!

I love the experience and members of this forum.

BTW. I submitted a donation to Klinke for the files I'm using.

Thanks to all, for now.

Recai
Old 02-02-2015, 06:37 AM   #535
dixo

That sounds awesome! Good to hear that you got it working.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #536
nightscope

Yeah, good stuff, recai.

Battle on.

ns
Old 02-07-2015, 12:07 PM   #537
recai

Hello all MCU Pro/Reaper users,

concerning output or playback from the MCU Pro, is it possible to select playback in stereo?
I would like to hear the separation of the mix tracks and their panning.

I read through the Klinke manual and the MCU Pro manual. did not locate any reference to the playback image.

Anyone?

Recai
Old 02-07-2015, 01:49 PM   #538
recai

Quote:
Hello all MCU Pro/Reaper users,

concerning output or playback from the MCU Pro, is it possible to select playback in stereo?
I would like to hear the separation of the mix tracks and their panning.

I read through the Klinke manual and the MCU Pro manual. did not locate any reference to the playback image.

Anyone?

Recai
Nevermind. Don't reply ...
... I found the issue.

I'm a Man!!! I don't ask for directions. I don't read the instruction manual.
I rather fumble about and "LUCK UP"!!

Recai
Old 04-24-2015, 11:15 AM   #539
flipotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
Does the crashes happen when you use the undo-function? Faderjockey reported crashes using the 64 bit version some times ago, and I could reproduce the problem, but didn't found time to look deeper into this issue. The current workaround is to use the 32bit version.

But the good news is that I have released in the meantime the record, that used up all my freetime (in the case that someone is curious about the release: https://rag-rug.bandcamp.com ). There are some other (programming) project that compete against the MCU extension, but I have decided to give the extension now a higher priority, I plan to restart the development after new years day.
Any progress on this?
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:35 AM   #540
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
Any progress on this?
On the crashes? Maybe. I (hopefully) fixed a crash that Mink99 reported in another thread, and maybe it is related to the crashes mentioned here. I decided to wait for a response from Mink99 before I release it (to be sure, that the bug is really fixed), but if someone else want to test it, the 32 bit version can be found here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mcu_klinke.dll
And the 64bit version here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...klinke_x64.dll
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:17 AM   #541
flipotto

Oops quoted wrong part... Meant to quote the part about you
getting back to this after the first of the year.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:12 PM   #542
Mink99

... Working on it ...
Mink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:36 AM   #543
Mink99

... Seems ok ...

Gave info to klinke .
Old 04-26-2015, 12:31 PM   #544
Klinke

Quote:
Oops quoted wrong part... Meant to quote the part about you
getting back to this after the first of the year.
Yes, but with a slow progress. Since the last release I got a new computer and became an emacs nerd, so it took some time to setup the new computer and I still working on some improvements for my emacs setup. But beginning next month I will reduce my work time to 30 hours to have more time for my free time projects (which a several), so the progress should be faster in the following month.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:05 AM   #545
flipotto

How goes development? I am following to see what comes out.
I use the current version, and love it. Especially the folder diving!

FR: Would like to see ability to have 2 separate controllers access the plugin.
I have a mackie Pro - works great, when I am facing the computer.
However, when I have my back to the computer, (6 feet away from it) and my face to the band playing bass, I would like to be able to use ipad controller also to control reaper.

Anyway, I am just curious.

Thanks again!
Old 05-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #546
Mink99

There are several mcu emulations for iPad . They work with klinke.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #547
flipotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink99 View Post
There are several mcu emulations for iPad . They work with klinke.
Yup, but what I am asking for is for it to work at the same time as the mackie pro. Meaning I have a mackie pro hooked up and want the pad emulation to work at the same time.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:26 PM   #548
Klinke

Quote:
Yup, but what I am asking for is for it to work at the same time as the mackie pro. Meaning I have a mackie pro hooked up and want the pad emulation to work at the same time.
This is already possible now. I have released some time ago the "2nd controller" workaround. Therefore I compile a second version of the extension, that has the same features, but for Reaper it's a completly different extension. It can be used for an extender (but the extender isn't synchroized with the main unit), or for the use-case you described (I do exactly the same as you described, so I can ensure that this works fine). You can download this second version via this link:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...controller.zip
Old 05-31-2015, 03:06 AM   #549
flipotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
This is already possible now. I have released some time ago the "2nd controller" workaround. Therefore I compile a second version of the extension, that has the same features, but for Reaper it's a completly different extension. It can be used for an extender (but the extender isn't synchroized with the main unit), or for the use-case you described (I do exactly the same as you described, so I can ensure that this works fine). You can download this second version via this link:
https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...controller.zip
thanks, not sure how I missed this, will try it today!
Old 06-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #550
MotionMindz

Help! I cannot get my MCU Pro to work on my Mac in Reaper.

What do I need to do in steps? Does the MCU need a driver?
MotionMindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #551
Klinke

Reaper comes with support for the MCU, but this integrated support is a little bit limited. But I think it's a good idea that you start with this. If you have sucess, you could then try out Geoff's extension too (see http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=87265). Mine doesn't work under OS X.

To start with the integrated support, open the preferences dialog. There exist an entry "Control Surfaces". In the corresponding dialog you can select the MCU and the correspondings MIDI ports.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:00 AM   #552
Simonblarkin

Default Track following

I have been following all these threads to do with Mackie and bcf2000, looking to find my perfect setup.

Until very recently I have been using my bcf2000 in sonar mackie mode with the generic mackie driver that comes with reaper for one reason, which leads me to my question.

When in the mode I mentioned before, I can select a track with my mouse and the bcf2000 automatically jumps to that focus. I will try to explain. If I have 16 tracks in a project and the focus is on track 1 and I then click (with my mouse) on track 13(for example) both reaper and my bcf2000 will jump to focus on tracks 9-16. Is there a way to keep this same behaviour in Klinke mode?

I find navigation through projects so much easier with this behaviour but love the control over plugins with Klinke's mcu control, so would love to know if there is a way of implementing this.

I have read the manual and tried a few things but it just be I am missing something. I hope this great community can help me once again.

Thanks S
Simonblarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #553
nofish

Track following is already implemented in Klinke's plugin.

From Klinke's manual, p. 14, 'Follow REAPER'

nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:21 AM   #554
Simonblarkin

Thank you, I have read that so many times and for the life of me couldn't figure out what it meant........don't laugh but it's because I missed what (shift option) meant I thought it was saying that there is a shift option not that I should press shift and option buttons........jeez what an idiot. Thank you for your reply, it made me think about it in a different way, now I know what I was missing and a whole new world has opened up............

Last edited by Simonblarkin; 07-02-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Simonblarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #555
nofish

Hehe, glad it helped.
You're welcome.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #556
GMC Phil

Hello,

Where would I put this .dll file in Reaper 5?

Thanks

Phil
GMC Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #557
SpecialRich

Hi,

I've tried to get up to speed on this but failing miserably -
I have a BCF2000 and a Mac - what are my options regarding kilnkes extension (or similar) for mac?

I haven't found anything that is OSX compatible.

I have my BCF running ok with the default MCU support, but it feels much more limited than when i used to use my bcd with cubase, id love to experiment with Kilnkes work. any guidance very appreciated.

thanks
Rich
SpecialRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:48 PM   #558
bourzia

just picked up an extender. Can't wait for the extender support with folder options! for now I'm using v6 with a workaround in reaper assigned to the user buttons.
bourzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:53 PM   #559
audio2u

Klinke (or anyone else who knows)....
I'm currently working on mixing a movie soundtrack in Reaper, and the track count is currently at 151 (which includes a handful of busses), and will certainly grow significantly beyond that before it's finished.
My question is this: Is there a way to force my MCU (original, not Pro) to bring whatever track I select in Reaper into focus on the MCU? I was sure I used to be able to get this to happen, but can't for the life of me work out if a) I'm deluded, and never had that capability, or b) it's just not possible.
When I scroll down 60 odd tracks to work on something, it would be nice if the MCU would follow my track selection, so that I didn't have to sit there pressing the 'bank' button 15 times!
Thanks in advance!
Old 09-16-2015, 02:25 PM   #560
nofish

^^ answered here:

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=557

The option is "Follow REAPER" (set to yes)