Old 07-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
johnrule
Human being with feelings

Default OSC toggle commands

I thought that the OSC toggle commands worked for things like track mute, solo, arm, etc. Has something changed?

I do have toggle control over things like metronome and repeat, but track mute does not work. Is there a toggle command for the items I mentioned?

I would suggest something like "track/1/mute/3" where 3 is toggle, but keep the feedback as "1" and "0".
johnrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:34 AM   #2
johnrule

So the last working version was back in October of 2013 (4.55). That shows how much I use OSC (embarrassed). I can see the logic of why it changed but I see no mention in the documentation of what replaced it.

How do the OSC toggle commands work now for Mute, Arm, Solo?

Anybody? Please?
Old 07-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
johnrule

So the change happened on Nov. 13, 2013 with 4.57 pre3:

"+ OSC: added default mappings for /track/@/[mute|solo|recarm]/toggle, /action/@/cc, and /action/@/cc/soft for soft-takeover"

Did someone from the community suggest this? Please tell me I'm missing something!

Very unintuitive imo. You added more processing with the letter "t", the word "toggle", and the return string for feedback now includes the word "toggle" rather than just sending a "1" or a "0".

A more elegant solution would have been to simply use what I suggested:

"/track/@/mute", with a "3" for the toggle condition. The feedback could have stayed the same.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
johnrule

Evidently, you can define this pattern in your OSC config file:

t/track/@/mute

And now it works as expected, but you will have to add this to your config file.

This isn't documented anywhere, and I don't think this worked in earlier versions, so it may not be the official way to do this. The default config file uses this as a toggle command example:

t/track/@/mute/toggle

And it is bad form imo. It returns the word "toggle" with the string when all I need is the logic state (1 or 0). I don't mean to complain however. At least there was a way to do it without too much fuss.