Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 04-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
vanhaze
Human being with feelings

Default SWS/wol: Adjust selected envelope height (?)

Can someone please explain me the action: "SWS/wol: Adjust selected envelope height ..."
(please look at attachment).

I assume this action is a toggle for enabling vertical mousewheel zooming of a selected envelope,
but so far no succes: i select an envelope, mousewheel over the envelope lane, but the envelope lane doesn't zoom vertically.

Maybe i am misinterpreting this action ?
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

I don't think its meant to be a toggle, rather a fixed assignment like other mousewheel/CC zoom actions. But you're right to assume that it adjusts the height of a selected envelope lane. I couldn't get it to work with MIDI CC, but it seems to do the trick with ctrl+mousewheel here (didn't try other assignments, as I don't want to mess up my scroll/zoom assignments too much now). No need to hover above the selected lane, selection is enough. But you need to be in the arrange area. If you are in the header area then it won't work.

I use the similar action "SWS/wol: adjust selected envelope or last touched track height" all the time. Does the same (raise or lower the height of a selected envelope lane), but can also do the same with (single) tracks, if no envelope is selected. I find it pretty useful.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:30 PM   #3
chriscomfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Can someone please explain me the action: "SWS/wol: Adjust selected envelope height ..."
(please look at attachment).

I assume this action is a toggle for enabling vertical mousewheel zooming of a selected envelope,
but so far no succes: i select an envelope, mousewheel over the envelope lane, but the envelope lane doesn't zoom vertically.

Maybe i am misinterpreting this action ?
Its not a toggle. You have to actually assign a MIDI CC controller or the mousewheel (with or without modifiers) in order for that action to take effect. And that assignment will always be connected until you go back into the Actions list and delete it.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
gofer
-blänk-

Ah! Now I understand where he was up to. It's actually a good idea, methinks (I ran out of easy to hold modifiers for mousewheel scroll/zoom)
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:44 PM   #5
vanhaze

I appreciate your responses dear people but i still don't understand how the action: "SWS/wol: Adjust selected envelope height ..." works

Let's say i have a envelope lane selected.
I go into Action List and RUN "SWS/wol: Adjust selected envelope height ..."
Then i whipe my mouse wheel (ehh middle area of apple magic mouse, which acts like a scroll wheel)
But that just is zooming out horizontally the whole arrange, no vertical zoom of selected envelope.

Also, using CTRL key plus "mousewheel" on apple macig mouse doesn't make a difference: again : only horizontal zoom of whole Arrange
Old 04-16-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
chriscomfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
I appreciate your responses dear people but i still don't understand how the action: "SWS/wol: Adjust selected envelope height ..." works

Let's say i have a envelope lane selected.
I go into Action List and RUN "SWS/wol: Adjust selected envelope height ..."
Then i whipe my mouse wheel (ehh middle area of apple magic mouse, which acts like a scroll wheel)
But that just is zooming out horizontally the whole arrange, no vertical zoom of selected envelope.

Also, using CTRL key plus "mousewheel" on apple macig mouse doesn't make a difference: again : only horizontal zoom of whole Arrange
You don't "Run" that action. You bind it to your mousewheel like you would to a shortcut key. In the little box, either to the right or below the Actions list, called "Shortcuts for selected action".
Old 04-17-2015, 12:06 AM   #7
vanhaze

Yes ! Works ! Thank you so much Chris !