Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
cracky
Human being with feelings

Default Multi-Channel Track : Odd number of channels, is it possible?

A bit more detail....
I generally record my acoustic guitar with 3 tracks (DI + 2 mics) and mix them together. Which is great, but when I come to editing I need to make sure that I edit them all together, (which gets more difficult with multiple takes etc)

It struck me that if I could set up a multi channel track with 3 channels they will all be together and when editing they will be processed together. With the JS Mixer plugin I can pan/adjust relative volume and return a stereo track.

This works fine for 4 channels but I can't figure out whether I can set the track to have 3 channels, does anyone know if this is possible?

If not does anyone have any recommendations on how best to manage this?

Thanks,
cracky
cracky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
planetnine

I'd just sub them with a group or folder - you can EQ and process the group then, but you still have individua control (and automation) if you need it...

>
Old 10-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
cracky

Thanks planetnine,
I had started doing that but if I have mutliple takes on each track (each take matches with a take on a separate track) and I split it I then have to make sure that the correct take is selected on each of the three tracks, so my thinking was that if they were on one track together it would be easier.

Does that make sense? If I'm missing some easy way of managing takes across multiple tracks then I'd love to know!

cracky
cracky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
matey

if I get it right, just highlight the take you consider definitive for each track and go with the take crop command
eventually glue now the separate takes in one single track for each channel

dunno if it helps