Old 04-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #1
Msingh95
Human being with feelings

Default Audio/Tracks dropping out on playback

So, I've been having this problem for a while now, with every version of Reaper I've had, but I guess I never went ahead to tackle figuring out what is causing this issue.

My setup:

Laptop with 8GB ram and intel i5 processor

Focusrite 18i20 interface into Yamaha hs8's

I only have my interface, my hard drive, and another monitor hooked up(hdmi) to my laptop

When I have full mixes I'm working on, sometimes the audio will drop out for a second or two. Sometimes this is not all the audio, it might just be 1 or 2 tracks.

The drivers I'm using are the latest focusrite drivers but I think I recall this happening with my old tascam interface and it's drivers as well.

Is this just a buffer size setting issue in the DAW? I havent actually experimented with that yet as I'm away from my setup at the moment but will try later.

Any other ideas?

I'm trying to set up as low latency monitoring as possible. A lot of things I've just gone to outboard solutions, but I'm pretty sure my laptop is capable of this.

Most of my music is instruments recorded into Reaper with some synth pads here and there. I never see the cpu usage going above 10% when I'm using it ever really, it stays pretty low.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Msingh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
Msingh95
Human being with feelings

any ideas? anyone?
Msingh95 is offline   Reply With Quote