COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > Wifight Discussion

Old 05-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
Brennan
hey man

Default Checkers captured pieces display preview

Here's a sneak peek. I shrank the captured pieces down a bit and put them in a row. Should be easier to tell at a glance who has the bigger pile.

I'm still not 100% sure I wouldn't rather try to make a numeric display now, since future checkers variation might have a bigger board with more pieces than 12 per side. On this other hand, it looks pretty neat this way. Any comments/feedback?
Old 05-28-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
trgeoff
Human being with feelings

Looks great, the size discrepancy of the two piles makes a very strong visual statement! Will also probably make for a nice animation-style effect if you rapidly step through a game

but yeah, if you introduce Canadian chess with its 30 pieces per side, there will be problem
Old 05-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Brennan
hey man

Heh well Canadian checkers will just have to use some other method. In the meantime, I'm gonna make this change go live pretty soon. It will only show up in new checkers games (created after the update.)
Old 06-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
edes
Human being with feelings

How about making pieces that have a number in them, for example if you captured 5 pieces, you have a piece that has a 5 in the middle. Maybe just use it in future checkers variants.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #5
Brennan
hey man

Yeah, that could work. Chess does that for the pawns. One of these days I also want to try putting a little K on the captured Kings, because capturing a King is way more satisfying