Old 04-09-2017, 07:33 AM   #1
Dimaension X
Human being with feelings

Default Dimaension X - Ghost/Echo

Ghost/Echo

More sci-fi electronic synth rock madness from Dimaension X! The titles and general themes are based on an interesting rules-lite RPG named Ghost/Echo by a game designer named John Harper.

Stream or download from Internet Archive:
https://archive.org/details/ghost-echo

Streaming at YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...jJ0OvB4le1k41_

Of course proudly recorded exclusively with Reaper.
Dimaension X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
Nizhny Tagil

Good job as usual.
To me, this is even more leaning toward a soundtrack/background music vibe than the previous one. Definitely less guitars, but where they are supposed to, they shine. There are some inspired classic prog/seventies licks in here. The drumbeats are funky as usual, too. This could have been the soundtrack for some b-movie by Argento or Bava.
You seem to always come up with exciting ideas for the synths even if your palette is somewhat limited (I hear a lot of moog and sweeping or square leads, for example), as was the case with Goblin, after all.
I think your works in this style are better than your more straight-up metal moments.
Nizhny Tagil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:09 AM   #3
Dimaension X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizhny Tagil View Post
Good job as usual.
To me, this is even more leaning toward a soundtrack/background music vibe than the previous one. Definitely less guitars, but where they are supposed to, they shine. There are some inspired classic prog/seventies licks in here. The drumbeats are funky as usual, too. This could have been the soundtrack for some b-movie by Argento or Bava.
You seem to always come up with exciting ideas for the synths even if your palette is somewhat limited (I hear a lot of moog and sweeping or square leads, for example), as was the case with Goblin, after all.
I think your works in this style are better than your more straight-up metal moments.
Thanks for the comments, Sir! Much appreciated. I think my next project (while still having a lot of sweeping moogy moments) will be my attempt at classic 1970's Prog, a la Yes and King Crimson. Less modern synths, more Mellotron and/or Hammond B3 type stuff. We'll see.

I would love to see what some of the YouTube animators would come up with to go along with my music, similar to some of the New Retrowave guys have done. And I agree, I think my "metal" days are behind me.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:25 AM   #4
suleiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaension X View Post
Thanks for the comments, Sir! Much appreciated. I think my next project (while still having a lot of sweeping moogy moments) will be my attempt at classic 1970's Prog, a la Yes and King Crimson. Less modern synths, more Mellotron and/or Hammond B3 type stuff. We'll see.

I would love to see what some of the YouTube animators would come up with to go along with my music, similar to some of the New Retrowave guys have done. And I agree, I think my "metal" days are behind me.
YOU DONT SAY ! metal days behind you ???!

i have one word for you : "lemmy".................other words i may have include "cirhossis", "overdose", "failed organs", "stroke" etc etc etc

------------------------------------on a more serious note----------

Sometimes i wish you had a vocalist in places....for short bits in the middle....

production and composition wise its pretty much bang on as always.....lotta 70's prg and tangerine dream vibes abound.....

Salamat
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #5
zeekat

That does indeed sound like a complete professional soundtrack album for some late 70s/early 80s horror movie. Soundtrack album in search of a movie . Archive.org has some public domain 70s sf flicks, maybe it could be possible to find something suitable.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #6
Nizhny Tagil

If the next one is going to have Hammond and Mellotron, it could be the soundtrack for a Romero movie that never was. Hammond, Moog and Mellotron are the instruments of the devil.
Nizhny Tagil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:51 PM   #7
Dimaension X

Hah! Love that combination of old keyboards, but I'm not sure the music would fit a Romero flick.

Actually, here's a link to the new album - I just posted it a few minutes ago.

https://archive.org/details/oakwindhollow/

I'm working on the simple videos for YouTube, which I hope to post soon.