Old 10-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #1
RedStone
Human being with feelings

Default x86 plug-ins in reaper x64

x86 plug-ins pop out in reaper x64. I don't know if this is a glitch or a necessity, or if there is a simple way to dock them in the plug in window. I think x64 plug-ins pop out in the X86 version of reaper as well.

Anyway, I find it affects work flow. Then sometimes if you want an x86 plug in to stay pinned but you close the plugin window, it dissappears and ignores the pin. Hope that makes sense!

Happens will all the X86 plugin I have (TT dynamic range meter, voxengo span, guitar rig). I know they mostly have 64 but versions now except the TT meter.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:37 AM   #2
RobU

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStone View Post
x86 plug-ins pop out in reaper x64. I don't know if this is a glitch or a necessity, or if there is a simple way to dock them in the plug in window. I think x64 plug-ins pop out in the X86 version of reaper as well.

Anyway, I find it affects work flow. Then sometimes if you want an x86 plug in to stay pinned but you close the plugin window, it dissappears and ignores the pin. Hope that makes sense!

Happens will all the X86 plugin I have (TT dynamic range meter, voxengo span, guitar rig). I know they mostly have 64 but versions now except the TT meter.
If I understand you correctly, you're talking about the additional floating window for x86 plugins ? On Windows, you can have them embedded.

Open the FX Browser
Select All Plugins in the left hand pane
Filter for 'x86'
Select all plugins in the right hand pane
Right-click and select, Run as \ Embed bridged UI

While there is a warning that this option may not work for all plugins, and be less crash resilient, I've never experienced any instability doing this (including Variety or Sound, Leftover Lasagne, Hinton & Fairchild, Daniel Bosshard and ++Audio plugins, and more...)
Old 10-18-2016, 08:59 AM   #3
RedStone

Ah awesome! So it's a stability thing.

I'll try your suggestion