Old 10-21-2016, 03:40 AM   #1
Neoradius
Human being with feelings

Default How to make a sub master mix

Hello, in previous DAWs i worked in, this was very easy. I could create one or more independent master outputs. I need this to compare my mix (with master FX on it) with reffernce files (with no fx on them).
You can do something similar in REAPER - untick the "Master Send" and rout the channel to your hardware output. But in this case, the loudness level of a played audio through this track is much lower than it is indeed (abot 9 db lower) - and I have no idea why.
How can I solve this the best way? Thnx.
Neoradius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:38 AM   #2
bolgwrad

Hi, I've just done this by adding a new track o/ping to the main hardware L/R, same as the master, except with no FX (and no master send, obv). This track receives all the buss o/ps same as the original master track(s). Switching between the regular o/p and the new 'master' only shows a difference if the master FX are enabled. Is that what you mean?
bolgwrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:00 AM   #3
James HE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoradius View Post
I need this to compare my mix (with master FX on it) with reffernce files (with no fx on them).
Lots of different ways to do this.

I just use the Media Explorer and play reference material back from there

You can make a new project tab, put your reference track on it (no FX on the master) and switch back and forth between tabs.

put it on a track in the project and route it to hardware (as you mentioned) Volume to low? turn it up! check the hardware send and routing you might have something misconfigured.
James HE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:15 AM   #4
Marquez

There is one super easy way of referencing:

Say you have two tracks - one for your mix and one for your reference

all you need to do is have a key command for solo/unsolo track

- select track one and solo it
- add track two to selection

That´s it! Now when you hit your solo/unsolo key it switches between the two tracks on the fly :-)
Marquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 01:10 PM   #5
RAlive

The way I do this: create a track at the end of the mix called "end mix" select all tracks in the mix (click first track, shift click last) and put them in a folder called "mix", to speed up this proces I made this custom action http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=110918, after that I place reference tracks outside of that folder and volume match them.If you use plugins like a compressor put them on the mix folder track instead of the master track (so your reference tracks aren't affected), the only plugins I use on the master track are for analysis.
Hope this is of any help,good luck.
RAlive is offline   Reply With Quote