Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
hotjams
Human being with feelings

Default I have had a lot of software issues lately...Reaper

Stands out as about the only software that flat out "works". All platforms, all the time. It has never crashed on me.
hotjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
danfuerth

LMFAO there goes the apple mantra of "don't worry me made the machine so all is good " LMFAO stupitest mentality ever, lol guess didn't work for to long as they moved unto phones lol. Mac users need a reality as the writing is on the wall, apple will discontinue the mac pro's.

Look at the Final Cut X fiasco, it was their attempt to kill off the Pro features of Final cut. There is more money in suckers that line up for a $600 phone.

I guess having Reaper open has still not made it worst. In fact this is why Reaper is good, not closed nonsense.
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
RBowlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfuerth View Post
LMFAO there goes the apple mantra of "don't worry me made the machine so all is good " LMFAO stupitest mentality ever, lol guess didn't work for to long as they moved unto phones lol. Mac users need a reality as the writing is on the wall, apple will discontinue the mac pro's.

Look at the Final Cut X fiasco, it was their attempt to kill off the Pro features of Final cut. There is more money in suckers that line up for a $600 phone.

I guess having Reaper open has still not made it worst. In fact this is why Reaper is good, not closed nonsense.
Uh...yeah.

-Rich
RBowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
faun2500

I'm lost! lol

http://bit.ly/free-sample-packs- Totally Free High Quality Sample Packs
faun2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
The Byre

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjams View Post
It has never crashed on me.
If you want to make Reaper crash, there are several ways to go about this. Making Reaper crash is a worthwhile venture, as it gives you some idea of what the poor saps using other DAWs (on PCs in particular) have to go through. It makes you see the darker side of life and makes you realise that life can be both filled with disappointment and excitement at one and the same time.

Step One - get rid of most of your RAM and install Windows Vista. 4GB is about the maximum you should be using, if you want to crash Reaper.

Step Two - Hit the 'Undo' button as fast as you can. Ctrl - Z at least five times a second.

Step Three - If it still refuses to crash, load up as many third-party plugins as you can and repeat step two.

Step Four - If all else fails and Reaper still refuses to crash, load up as many Waves plugins as you can, especially their multiband compressor. With a minimum of memory and hitting undo all the time, that should bring it to its knees.

I hope that this helps and that you get to enjoy lots of crashes, just the way others do, using all those expensive bloatware packages.
The Byre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #6
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Byre View Post
Step One - get rid of most of your RAM and install Windows Vista. 4GB is about the maximum you should be using, if you want to crash Reaper.
FWIW I'm running REAPER on a mostly non-tweaked, Aero- Sidebar-nonsense-stricken laptop with Vista and 2GB of RAM.

Quote:
Step Two - Hit the 'Undo' button as fast as you can. Ctrl - Z at least five times a second.
That didn't work.

Quote:
Step Three - If it still refuses to crash, load up as many third-party plugins as you can.
That's what I'm doing anyway all the time. The few projects I consider "finished" all cause the CPU graph clipping at 100% half of the time. Otherwise I consider it not overproduced enough.

Quote:
Step Four - If all else fails and Reaper still refuses to crash, load up as many Waves plugins as you can, especially their multiband compressor. With a minimum of memory and hitting undo all the time, that should bring it to its knees.
OK, didn't try that costly approach but one of the most reliable and easy ways to crash REAPER is with some instances of old freebies sharing the main process. For free!

Quote:
I hope that this helps and that you get to enjoy lots of crashes, just the way others do, using all those expensive bloatware packages.
If you just want a true-to-life simulation of the experience, you could just do what I did yesterday: do a lot of (complicated and impossible to repeat) edits, then render the project without saving it before rendering as you usually do, then close the project thinking you must have saved it before rendering, then after thinking "hey at least I rendered it", realizing you rendered it wrong.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
bob

the only thing that made Reaper crash for me was working in the midi editor.If I moved notes around a lot after about 5min the blue screen would appear caused by a driver conflict(my Presonus V-fire).This usually happened if I had my midi to USB cable plugged in to the PC whilst frantically messing around in the midi editor,however this has not happened for a while now.