Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
WinstonN
Human being with feelings

Default Setup with Zed R16

I'm a new Reaper user and I am VERY excited to have found this software; the concept/philosophy is brillient.

My experience level with DAWs is pretty low - I have a net 6 months experience with Protools LE + 003 and after reading about Reaper, I want to switch before I commit more time to PT.

I have a brand spanking new A&H Zed R16 and I'm a few frustrating hours into getting it setup with Reaper (thanks to operator inexperience!!). So, I'm on 2 learning curves at the same time. I've yet to record a track on Reaper.

My first setup question is (there probably will be more):

The Zed R16 is connected to laptop via firewire (the optional 2in/2out ADAT ports on the ZED are unused). In Reaper Options > Preferences I am set to Audio system = ASIO; ASIO Driver = ASIO ZED R"; Enabled inputs options options for first and last are "ZED R16 ADAT 1" through "ZED R16 ADAT 16". Same for output range.

When I use PT, my input options include BOTH Analog (which I use) and ADAT (which I don't).

Should I be seeing Analog options in the input section (not just ADAT). Conversely, if I'm connected via Firewire, can I still use the ADAT in and out options in Reaper?

Thanks for the help!
WinstonN is offline   Reply With Quote