Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-06-2015, 05:58 PM   #41
richie43
Human being with feelings

The great thing about forums is that as members (readers and contributors), we have the ability to NOT READ the threads that we are not interested in...lol. And if something is deemed to be bad enough spam to remove it from the forum, don't you think that the forum admins would do so? Telenator, I know that you don't mind being a bit abrasive sometimes, and that's actually a good and necessary thing on these forums sometimes (I have cheered you on more than once)...But that can be deemed as "offensive" and/or unnecessary on some forums, maybe even more so than the spam...ANy one of us could be labelled as "spamming" and removable by the Cockos powers that be.... Let them decide what is spam and what is not, and if something is not worth your reading time, don't read it, silly.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #42
karbomusic

I'm glad the world, the rules, and this forum are not so cut/dry/black/white to be honest. I build stomp boxes and sell them in my spare time. The only reason I don't post more often that I have them available is because I don't have enough spare time to build very many so they are rarely available.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #43
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telenator View Post
The ones who do actually like your synth I can count on one hand.
I hope you have an extra finger on that hand...lol

I actually bought Poly-ANa during the sale.....I have been weeding through my vsti collection and removing what I never use...and have been replacing a few old "dogs" with a few select paid-for plugins...I demoed Poly-Ana more than once over the last year and have been considering buying it anyway...so seeing this thread alerted me to the fact that the time was right!
So regardless whether or not anyone agrees with the posting of a product on this forum, I for one am glad he did, I am loving the depth of this (and love the sound, it really is as nice as anything I have heard from Uhe, for example)
Old 10-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #44
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
I'm glad the world, the rules, and this forum are not so cut/dry/black/white to be honest.

Indeed....lol

Old 10-06-2015, 06:31 PM   #45
The Telenator
Banned

When you open up to the main forum page and have to wade through a whole pile of ADVERTS just to get at some real threads, everybody will whine and raise all HELL.

Then you'll remember what I said.

And karbo, you don't do your stomp box here as real ADS. You actually know better, like the vast majority of real forum members. I've only seen that box in offhand mentions, a link once in a great while, and maybe in your signature line, right?
The Telenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:02 AM   #46
+NRG

Admiral Quality,

That's a nice sounding synth! I hadn't heard of it...

Probably only need your L'il Poly-Ana for my purposes. Do you have a demo version available?
Old 10-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #47
ivansc

Quote:
Speaking of walking to school up hill both ways. I was digging through and old filing cabinet the other night and found a stack of blank "Track sheets" God forbid. I wonder how many remember having to pencil in hundreds of settings from a console that is going to be zeroed out and needs to be manually set up when it's your session again. Hell I wonder how many remember what "zeroed out" means and what an RTZ button is.

I also wonder just how many hours of my life have been spent waiting on REW/FFW - squiggly, squeak squeak.., flap, flap, flap, flap.

I love the smell of head cleaner in the morning.....

ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:12 AM   #48
Admiral Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by +NRG View Post
Admiral Quality,

That's a nice sounding synth! I hadn't heard of it...

Probably only need your L'il Poly-Ana for my purposes. Do you have a demo version available?
Yep. All products run as a demo until authorized. You can even save and recall your work, they just make occasional, short silent gaps in the audio output until authorized.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:15 PM   #49
+NRG

Cool, thanks!
Old 10-24-2015, 10:09 AM   #50
Admiral Quality

Here's another chance to get in on a half price sale. No secret code this time, here's the link to the special purchase page. Offer expires Nov 1.

http://www.admiralquality.com/purchase/special.php?CF

Who's had a chance to try Poly-Ana? What did you think? What's your favorite new Custom Skin?

Poly-Ana download:

http://www.admiralquality.com/products/Poly-Ana/

Custom Skins here:

http://www.admiralquality.com/produc...-Ana/skins.php

Cheers, all!

Last edited by Admiral Quality; 10-26-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Admiral Quality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #51
richie43

I can't remember the skin I am using, but I have been loving this synth plugin since getting it on your last deal! Great plugin Reaper users.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #52
MrMoto

I can only agree with ritchie43. Got Poly-Ana during the previous sale and love it. The Industrial skin is my favorite.

You already have a track of mine that I did with this great synth. The one with the intro that reminded you of a Boards of Canada song called RoyGBiv.

Cheers,
Josh
Old 10-24-2015, 10:54 PM   #53
Admiral Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
I can't remember the skin I am using, but I have been loving this synth plugin since getting it on your last deal! Great plugin Reaper users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto View Post
I can only agree with ritchie43. Got Poly-Ana during the previous sale and love it. The Industrial skin is my favorite.

You already have a track of mine that I did with this great synth. The one with the intro that reminded you of a Boards of Canada song called RoyGBiv.

Cheers,
Josh
That's always great to hear. Thanks guys!
Old 11-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #54
Admiral Quality

Everything at AQ is 55% off until year-end. http://www.admiralquality.com/products/

And to celebrate our first 10 years in business, we're giving away 10 SCAMP licenses on Facebook. Details here...

https://www.facebook.com/11664599837...8551172181363/

Good luck to all those who enter!
Old 12-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #55
Admiral Quality

Heads up! Our year-end 55% off sale is approaching its final hours. If you haven't tried our VST and AU plug-in products yet now's a very good time to. They all run as free demos, you can even save and recall your work! We're also giving away 10 SCAMP filter effect plug-in licenses on our Facebook page. Draw is on Sunday. Good luck to all those who enter, and happy new year, everyone!

http://www.admiralquality.com/products/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Admir...16645998371886
Old 12-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #56
richie43

I just used this on yet another project today, this is an awesome synth plugin. I have it along side Diva, if that says anything......Great and versatile and (hate this cliche) but "real" sounding.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:34 PM   #57
Admiral Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
I just used this on yet another project today, this is an awesome synth plugin. I have it along side Diva, if that says anything......Great and versatile and (hate this cliche) but "real" sounding.
Always great to hear, thanks! If you ever do something that prominently features Poly-Ana and want to give it some exposure send it to us and we'll consider sharing it as a demo on our website and FB page. Along with compliments and of course sales, hearing what people make with it is one of the best parts of the job!

Cheers!
Old 12-31-2015, 03:31 AM   #58
ivansc

Anyone remember er um Faun2500 or whatever his name was?
Old 12-31-2015, 04:56 AM   #59
Sju

... the fuck?

Reaper General Discussion is not the right place to post your adverts. I for one don't want topics of interest being knocked down on the list by selfish spam for personal gain. You've probably got a perfectly good mailing list for that purpose. If we allow one dev to post their ads here, then we might just allow every one of them to use the forum as their ad-spam bulletin board.

so, NO it's not okay to advertise here (IMHO). I'd expect the mods to take a stand on this.
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:03 AM   #60
Admiral Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sju View Post
... the fuck?

Reaper General Discussion is not the right place to post your adverts. I for one don't want topics of interest being knocked down on the list by selfish spam for personal gain. You've probably got a perfectly good mailing list for that purpose. If we allow one dev to post their ads here, then we might just allow every one of them to use the forum as their ad-spam bulletin board.

so, NO it's not okay to advertise here (IMHO). I'd expect the mods to take a stand on this.
If you're not a mod here, who are you to dictate this to us?

The very first line of my first post in this thread told the mods to let me know if this wasn't alright, to feel free to delete the thread if it's breaking any forum rules, and to let me know so it won't happen again. None of that has happened. I read the forum rules and I do see posts from other music software related businesses on this board, so I can only assume it's alright.

And see above for my reply to another self-righteous guy who accused me of only being on this board to promote my products, and you'll see I've been an active, contributing member of the community here for a long time. Check my post history yourself. I'm a Reaper user (and licensee) as well! That's why I make these products, I USE them.

You'll also note that there are members here posting in this thread who are thankful I posted this, because they ended up buying the product and like it.

And if you don't like this, why not just ignore it? You're certainly only creating more of a distraction for yourself by subscribing to this thread. Thanks for the bump though!

Last edited by Admiral Quality; 12-31-2015 at 05:10 AM.
Admiral Quality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:50 AM   #61
Sju

I wasn't dictating anything; I'm not a mod and there's the added IMHO.

So, are you saying that your "disclaimer" makes it all right to post spam on the general forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Quality View Post
I do see posts from other music software related businesses on this board, so I can only assume it's alright.
What, like sales promotion stuff? I doubt it. Most everyone else have the sense and good taste to keep it to their mailing lists, even though they might have a presence on the forum for providing support for their products.

Quote:
only being on this board to promote my products, and you'll see I've been an active, contributing member of the community here for a long time. Check my post history yourself. I'm a Reaper user (and licensee) as well!
What? I didn't accuse you of anything such. Besides that's irrelevant. Being an active board member doesn't in any way justify the advertising.

Quote:
And if you don't like this, why not just ignore it? You're certainly only creating more of a distraction for yourself by subscribing to this thread. Thanks for the bump though!
I'm doing it to let you know that what you're doing might not sit well with everyone here. Even though you might gain a few sales you could also be hurting your reputation with this kind of aggressive marketing. I think it'd be best for everyone if you kept your ads off this board. IMHO again of course.

PS. even though my tone might be a bit harsh, this is in no way personal towards you, except for the fact that you chose to disregard good sense. I just loathe advertisements in general and try to avoid them wherever possible. This kind of "social" adverising though is something that unfortunately can't be blocked with browser extensions.

My undiplomatic rant probably isn't going to make a difference, but I feel the need to express my opinion on principle. Again, if we allow one dev to post sales ads here, then everyone else should be allowed to do so, and the quality of this forum will quickly deteriorate.

So, please mods, move this to spam trap.

Last edited by Sju; 12-31-2015 at 05:59 AM.
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:54 AM   #62
Admiral Quality

Well thank you for your concerns and your humble opinion. I disagree however. Again, some people here who didn't previously know about these products were informed about them and some ended up buying them and, from what they are telling me, greatly enjoying them. This is for them, as well as others like them who might not have noticed this yet or will appreciate the reminder that the current sale is almost done.

Cheers.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:08 AM   #63
karbomusic

Quote:
So, please mods, move this to spam trap.
No don't. He has been using the same thread and occasionally updates it which is no problem. There are several other small time devs who do exactly the same thing (Hornet, Cerberus, Henry Ongola etc - Just like the spirit of Cockos IMHO - small crew) which is also fine so just let it go please - these aren't huge corporations, just guys making tools many of us use and appreciate.

Last edited by karbomusic; 12-31-2015 at 06:13 AM.
karbomusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:32 AM   #64
richie43

Quote:
Ignore the thread, perhaps?

Quote:
If you're not a mod here, who are you to dictate this to us?

...... Thanks for the bump though!
lol....always gracious...good stuff.

Quote:
No don't. He has been using the same thread and occasionally updates it which is no problem. There are several other small time devs who do exactly the same thing (Hornet, Cerberus, Henry Ongola etc - Just like the spirit of Cockos IMHO - small crew) which is also fine so just let it go please - these aren't huge corporations, just guys making tools many of us use and appreciate.
Boo-ya!
Old 12-31-2015, 04:39 PM   #65
MrMoto

There is no reason to move this thread to the Spam Trap. In fact I am grateful that this thread exists. It gave me a chance to learn about a great synth that I didn't know. It's been used on a regular basis after I purchased it.

Keep up the good work Admiral Quality!
Old 12-31-2015, 06:46 PM   #66
The Telenator
Banned

Dear Admiral,

I'm probably the last person you expected to hear from, but a couple of items have of late been brought to my attention.

In light of the fact that you have, and not so long ago, achieved the great honour of being banned from KVR, I humbly say, Welcome to this elite and noble rank. I also hereby withdraw my suggestion that your thread be declared 'Advertisement' and disapprove of any notion that it should be relegated to the 'spam trap' herein.

Further, despite claims by some KVRers and other miscreants that your creation is of SynthEdit constitution, I have investigated and found that it's something much more -- of the nature of C++ or like kin.

Furthermore, I also learned that the Great Limeflavour was in no way coerced into making such a tasteful and stylish skin for the synth, which, having anything of Limeflavour associated to your product, is an honor in and of itself. Pretty good-looking it is, as well.

In view of all the above ... well, do carry on! Cheers, and have a Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2015, 08:21 PM   #67
Doc Brown

Quote:
Dear Admiral,

I'm probably the last person you expected to hear from, but a couple of items have of late been brought to my attention.

In light of the fact that you have, and not so long ago, achieved the great honour of being banned from KVR, I humbly say, Welcome to this elite and noble rank. I also hereby withdraw my suggestion that your thread be declared 'Advertisement' and disapprove of any notion that it should be relegated to the 'spam trap' herein.

Further, despite claims by some KVRers and other miscreants that your creation is of SynthEdit constitution, I have investigated and found that it's something much more -- of the nature of C++ or like kin.

Furthermore, I also learned that the Great Limeflavour was in no way coerced into making such a tasteful and stylish skin for the synth, which, having anything of Limeflavour associated to your product, is an honor in and of itself. Pretty good-looking it is, as well.

In view of all the above ... well, do carry on! Cheers, and have a Happy New Year!

Tele.... Have you been drinking? This can't be your post. Lol

Just messing with ya.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:56 PM   #68
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post

Just messing with ya.
Ha ha...I almost asked him if his forum account was hacked...... Happy New Year y'all.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #69
Admiral Quality

Quote:
Dear Admiral,

It's all true. The Jedi. The Dark Side. The Admiralty.

Just FYI, I probably won't be taking the sale down until some time on Monday, so you've got a bit of an extension. Still some time to get in on our Giveaway Contest too. Draw for 10 winners of our SCAMP filter plug-in is on Sunday. See the Contest post at the top of our FB page...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Admir...16645998371886

Thanks for the kind words guys. Cheers!
Old 01-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #70
The Telenator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post

Just messing with ya.
No, wish I could, wish I was, but starting about 5 years ago I seemed to gain about a pound in weight for every decent beer I drank, so I've had to seriously slack off. Sure do miss those 'meal in a bottle' Guinness. They told me, switch to a lite beer, but the stuff tastes like bear piss, as they say. Awful stuff. Hate American beer in the first place -- enough carbonation to send a can 40 feet up in the air when shaken (not stirred).

Happy New Year to all.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:17 PM   #71
Admiral Quality

Psssst. We're doing another 24 hour (and a bit) Flash Sale. Best offer ever, 66% off on everything! Ends 5 AM GMT (midnight Eastern) on Tuesday Feb 2.

Just FYI. Cheers!

http://www.admiralquality.com/purchase/
Old 01-31-2016, 07:37 PM   #72
joelsampson

Quote:
Psssst. We're doing another 24 hour (and a bit) Flash Sale. Best offer ever, 66% off on everything! Ends 5 AM GMT (midnight Eastern) on Tuesday Feb 2.

Just FYI. Cheers!

http://www.admiralquality.com/purchase/

I joined the navy and bought it. Nice sale, thanks for posting. BTW: I only buy plug-ins with a REAPER-like license, as I want to easily use it on several computers. I am the only one that uses any of them.

Toronto is also one of my favorite big cities. Used to go often when I lived in Columbus, Ohio. It's a long drive from Texas though. I even went to the CE one year, eh.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:36 PM   #73
Admiral Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsampson View Post
I joined the navy and bought it. Nice sale, thanks for posting. BTW: I only buy plug-ins with a REAPER-like license, as I want to easily use it on several computers. I am the only one that uses any of them.

Toronto is also one of my favorite big cities. Used to go often when I lived in Columbus, Ohio. It's a long drive from Texas though. I even went to the CE one year, eh.
Thank you and welcome aboard, Joel!
Old 02-03-2016, 09:18 AM   #74
Softsynth

Enjoying this synth. I went for the white SEM skin.

Still apparently going for 66% off:
http://www.admiralquality.com/purcha...cial.php?REDIR

Easy to recommend at this price
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:07 PM   #75
Admiral Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
Enjoying this synth. I went for the white SEM skin.

Still apparently going for 66% off:
http://www.admiralquality.com/purcha...cial.php?REDIR

Easy to recommend at this price
Yep, haven't had a chance to get around to taking the sale down yet so you all still have an hour or two more to catch it.

(Thanks for liking my skin too! That one was mine.)
Old 02-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #76
Softsynth

Quote:
Yep, haven't had a chance to get around to taking the sale down yet so you all still have an hour or two more to catch it.

(Thanks for liking my skin too! That one was mine.)

Very nice graphics. Great job, especially as you've done everything.

I liked that skin best, only the GUI size options could be improved, if I'm being picky.
It would be even better for >1080p (typical small monitor and Full HD TV)option for the future, circa 1600x900 would suit to fill most of the screen with this extremely common resolution.

Of the existing patches I especially like the Wurling (Wurly EP style) patch.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #77
Admiral Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
Very nice graphics. Great job, especially as you've done everything.

I liked that skin best, only the GUI size options could be improved, if I'm being picky.
It would be even better for >1080p (typical small monitor and Full HD TV)option for the future, circa 1600x900 would suit to fill most of the screen with this extremely common resolution.

Of the existing patches I especially like the Wurling (Wurly EP style) patch.
I've been meaning to get around to doing two more "utility" skins. One ginormous, and the other as tiny as possible with a "pixel" font.

(Wurling patch was one of mine too! Thanks again!)
Old 02-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #78
Softsynth

Quote:
I've been meaning to get around to doing two more "utility" skins. One ginormous, and the other as tiny as possible with a "pixel" font.

(Wurling patch was one of mine too! Thanks again!)
I suggest:
1) Ballpark 1600x900 (for 1080P and 1920x1200 panels).
2) Something to suit WQHD and WQXGA (less common, but still reasonably popular).

3) Sometime down the line something for the 4K guys, even if it is just blowing up the last one to fit.
4K will soon be standard I expect, even though it is lousy for graphics cards and games consoles trying to render that much graphics in 3d.

Most VSTs will otherwise look like postage stamps.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:58 PM   #79
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

FIY and FWIW, at some point in the past I decided (on my own authority) to tolerate a certain amount of "friendly" spam, you know, in particular from REAPER users who happen to develop plug-ins, libraries or other things related to DAWs on a small business/side job basis. Some of them are quite known to be very valuable members of the community.

This went as far as tolerating occasional shameless plugs from more renown companies, if they also browse this forum and offer direct help with their products, which helps us too. Most gave that up on that though, maybe because this forum community turf can get pretty rough, particularly if your stuff is not entirely beyond reproach.

Of course I do not tolerate people on a bad DIY SEO trip creating an account just to promote their sh**, but it doesn't seem sound to demand to either stop all advertising or allow all advertising. I think there can be a happy medium, after all we are a part of "the industry" and some of our fellow forum members are too. But that's just what *I* think about it. Maybe a poll would give us more insight?

At any rate, there are worse threads discussing worse things in this forum and what's the difference between some random user relaying news about the latest (IMO stupid) super-mega-giga-bargain-only-today-deal and the super-mega-giga-bargain-dealer doing it himself anyway? Discuss!

Just kidding, please don't discuss this (in this thread). AdmiralQuality appears to be just a REAPER user, who happened to have started making plug-ins at some point, so maybe nothing to get all worked up about.

Last edited by Ollie; 02-03-2016 at 03:00 PM. Reason: what the hell is a "nargain"?
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #80
Admiral Quality

Thanks Ollie.

I've been making plug-ins longer than Reaper has existed, actually. But, yes, I make them because I *use* them. And as I pointed out above, one look at the list of posts I've made here will verify that I'm a genuine, Reaper-using (and license owning) member of the community who posts about a lot of things that have nothing to do with my own products.

http://forum.cockos.com/search.php?searchid=11765495

If my "spams" ever are a problem though, no problem at all. Just delete the thread and let me know and I won't do it again. (As people have probably figured out, I don't make a lot of money at this and have zero advertising budget. I do this mostly out of love and because it's the best work I've done in my life.)

Cheers!