Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
LungButter
Human being with feelings

Default Amplitube update 3.3.8 won't work in Reaper

I just installed the new Amplitube update so I could try out some of the new Slash gear and now I can't get Amplitube to work at all in Reaper. I keep getting the message "VPA plug-in rejected by VPA host". I've tried to clear/rescan my VST cache and then get the message that "Amplitube3.dll is broken" or something like that. I uninstalled and reinstalled Amplitube. I read that the VPA error message is most likely due to an older dll being somewhere causing a conflict. I've deleted all amplitube3.dll's that I could find, reinstalled A3 and still get the same message.

I'm not really a computer guy, just know enough to get most programs installed and working and I have no clue what to do. I've got an Alienware M17, 8G RAM, i7 1.73G processor, use the Stealthpedal as my interface, Win7. I normally use Reaper 3.77, but I also have installed the latest version 4.x(?)x64. I use the 3.77 more as it seems more stable on my machine, but I'm having the same problem in both of them.

Any ideas?
LungButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
LungButter

NM. For some reason there was still a version of the 'old' A3 hiding somewhere. Once I removed that, it worked fine. Guess the dll was trying to link to the old one or something.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by LungButter View Post
I just installed the new Amplitube update so I could try out some of the new Slash gear and now I can't get Amplitube to work at all in Reaper. I keep getting the message "VPA plug-in rejected by VPA host". I've tried to clear/rescan my VST cache and then get the message that "Amplitube3.dll is broken" or something like that. I uninstalled and reinstalled Amplitube. I read that the VPA error message is most likely due to an older dll being somewhere causing a conflict. I've deleted all amplitube3.dll's that I could find, reinstalled A3 and still get the same message.

I'm not really a computer guy, just know enough to get most programs installed and working and I have no clue what to do. I've got an Alienware M17, 8G RAM, i7 1.73G processor, use the Stealthpedal as my interface, Win7. I normally use Reaper 3.77, but I also have installed the latest version 4.x(?)x64. I use the 3.77 more as it seems more stable on my machine, but I'm having the same problem in both of them.

Any ideas?
Try to completely uninstall Amplitube, reboot, clear cache/rescan, then reinstall Amplitube. There must be a stray dll lurking. Have you tried doing a search for anything Amplitube related? After your uninstall, try running Ccleaner and it's very mild registry scan before the reboot.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
ObiK

Glad you got it working! How you liking new update with the official Slash and Marshall models?
Old 07-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
richie43

Did you edit a post before mine, or did I completely miss your solution when I posted?? LOL, glad that you got it worked out anyway!!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
LungButter

@ Richie...not sure, lol. But that was the problem. It was actually a whole separate file with a complete A3 install. Not sure where it came from, but once I deleted it, all was well.

@ Opik...it sounds great. I'm usually not big on the 'signature' stuff, but I've always loved his tone so I gave it a shot. The Marshall models alone were worth the price. They sound fantastic, as do the Slash presets. A couple of those presets with a little tweaking pretty much cover any 70's/80's rock/hard rock tone you'd ever need.

To that dude in the earlier post that claimed only a bunch of 'newbies' will buy this...keep thinking that...and keep missing out on some great tones.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #7
somebodyelseuk

Slight tangent here, I was under the impression that AT3 was a 64 bit program? If so, why is it that I only see 32 bit in my VST plugins? Or is it just 'compatible with' 64 bit hosts? Using Reaper 4.22 x 64, W7 x64 etc.

Cheers