Old 08-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
Metusalem
Human being with feelings

Default Soundpainting

I tend to name my Musical Art as Soundpainting. My last piece Made from Sieglinde Mumbeck a Artist from Bocholt saying "Bocholt" was the creative challenge. Only to use Human expression and no cheating thats not easy to compose a piece I think...Now by the way Reaper and Ableton and my midi controllers and H2n.Is my Canvas..Sound has more coulors than anything else.
What do You think ???
https://soundcloud.com/lovecity-art-and-music
Metusalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
NKB

Very interesting work you do. Strangely infectious.
NKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:35 AM   #3
martifingers

Original, surprising, delightful, disturbing and very well crafted, even restrained in places! To my ears much more radical than many an angry indie band.
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #4
Fergler

bof bof bof
bof bof bof
bof bof bof
bof bof bof
bof bof bof
bof bof bof
Fergler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
whiteaxxxe
Banned

erstaunlich. ich dachte immer, aus Bocholt könne man nicht mehr machen. :-) aber wie man sieht, kann man doch. sehr interessant.

sorry. ich habe nichts gegen Bocholt ... :-)

reminds me of Laurie Anderson ... a bit. whats not a bad thing.
whiteaxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
Metusalem

Default Tanks to NBK,martfingers,Fergler and whieaxxxe

Thanks a lot to "NKB and martfingers" for Your feedback its Warming the old mans Heart.

B B B bbb ooo F fff O o "Fergler" foB ffffffff O BB.

Danke Scön "whieaxxxe" viel mer von "Bocholt" heir
Textilverk Bocholt Instalation..Christine Gedeon and Me
"Syria as my Mother Speaks"
http://vimeo.com/94937842
Old 08-08-2014, 04:56 AM   #7
OpIvy

I don't get it. Should I get it?
Old 08-08-2014, 06:52 AM   #8
whiteaxxxe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpIvy View Post
you should but you you musnt ... :-))
whiteaxxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #9
msundh

Quote:
accept it or try to get it.
I go for accept it
Old 08-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #10
Metusalem

Default I love Your reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
bof bof bof
bof bof bof
bof bof bof
bof bof bof
bof bof bof
bof bof bof
B B B bbb ooo F fff O o foB ffffffff O BB Fergler.

Hugs Bent
Old 08-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #11
Metusalem

Quote:
No !!!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #12
mostlyjustj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metusalem View Post
No !!!
Haha! Oh good - I definitely found it confusing too. Pretty in spots though. Interesting for sure!
Old 08-15-2014, 03:28 PM   #13
Metusalem

Default Soundpainting the change of my life

Walter Thompson the man WHO change my Musical life...A langues of sighns to make improvisation.. Look here ..
http://www.soundpainting.com/
Its maybe crazy but it Works for the mind and for the soul...Me I am a soundpainter...For ever...
Old 08-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #14
BeeStang

this reminds me of a wonderful acid trip i had back in '94.
blue was the only true color back then so i took more to make it stop.
BeeStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #15
Metusalem

Default Color of Soundpainting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeStang View Post
this reminds me of a wonderful acid trip i had back in '94.
blue was the only true color back then so i took more to make it stop.
What color is it know ? ..I stil remmember trips in 1969.. Had enough thou..Cant reccomend it at all.. soundpainting can be a substitute as all art, without many healt risk :-)
Old 08-19-2014, 12:41 AM   #16
Sambo Rouge

I tried humming it, but without too much success.
Sambo Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:52 AM   #17
Jorgen

^^ Yeah, the groove was quirky too... Making stuff like this must be the perfect job for a DAW... Not my cup of tea etc etc, but interesting and arty.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #18
zeekat

I wonder how would it sound with Bydgoszcz. Or Murzasichle.

Holy shit, my language (and geography) is sibiliant hell.

(OPs piece supplied with heavy bassline would make some brilliant dub tune. But I'd add dub bassline to anything if I could)

Last edited by zeekat; 08-19-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: grammar fixage
zeekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #19
Metusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
^^ Yeah, the groove was quirky too... Making stuff like this must be the perfect job for a DAW... Not my cup of tea etc etc, but interesting and arty.
Thanks for Your interest, I liked the kind of songs you are creating,(Listen to your Soundcloud ) before I had my singersongrockfolkpop ect breakdown..Overconsumption I think...from Elvis and everything new and old till 2006 and then I could not hear any music for years..But now I found my way into some impressionistic creative improvisation and I love it..Sold nearly all of my gear, guitars amps ect to buy new elctronic controllers and Computers.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #20
kindafishy

This is what I always imagined it would be like to be trapped for weeks on end in a space capsule with no power other than life support while slowly descending into an indistinct and blissfully unaware state of utter madness.

Thanks for sharing!
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #21
Metusalem

Default To Zeekat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
I wonder how would it sound with Bydgoszcz. Or Murzasichle.

Holy shit, my language (and geography) is sibiliant hell.

(OPs piece supplied with heavy bassline would make some brilliant dub tune. But I'd add dub bassline to anything if I could)
I heard Your soundcloud and You play very very well but for me its paste Electric guitar times, there are just too much of it all over...Hm what can one do..Set fire on the guitar ? Hendrix did it but he died, damn.. Lou Reed could make a Guitar Crash.. But he is also dead..Marc Ribot..Is he still alive ?

www.ljudkonst.se
Old 08-23-2014, 02:14 AM   #22
zeekat

Quote:
I heard Your soundcloud and You play very very well but for me its paste Electric guitar times, there are just too much of it all over...Hm what can one do..Set fire on the guitar ? Hendrix did it but he died, damn.. Lou Reed could make a Guitar Crash.. But he is also dead..Marc Ribot..Is he still alive ?

www.ljudkonst.se
Yep, I actually understand that, no matter how well guitar is played it all was done and done again. I remember watching a documentary about noise scene once and someone connected a photosensor to their synth there, it made it play together with the rising sun in the morning. I thought, holy crap, that is absolutely brilliant. You won't do that with a guitar solo, truly adventurous stuff.

There's bunch of people like Fred Frith, that make odd noises with their guitars. That'll never be near mainstream though, human brain isn't wired for that .
Old 08-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #23
Metusalem

Default Love Zeekat Answer

[QUOTE=zeekat;1394143]Yep, I actually understand that, no matter how well guitar is played it all was done and done again. I remember watching a documentary about noise scene once and someone connected a photosensor to their synth there, it made it play together with the rising sun in the morning. I thought, holy crap, that is absolutely brilliant. You won't do that with a guitar solo, truly adventurous stuff.
QUOTE]

I like your answer so much..
And this discusion is important for the art of music... How can we Express our self with something unic..do not have to be mainstream.no not at all..but hit the Future..That is hard .. Before Development was Elvis, Clif, Beatles, Roling Stones, Kinks, the WHO, Doors, the Love, Hendrix and so on one after another now WHO is the new..??? 10000 new or what ? How to break the wall..?
Old 08-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #24
Metusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
This is what I always imagined it would be like to be trapped for weeks on end in a space capsule with no power other than life support while slowly descending into an indistinct and blissfully unaware state of utter madness.

Thanks for sharing!
Yes to find the madness are the Agenda, the madness of creativity, the moment where one feels as one with the sound and floting. Not easy to describe in Words, but to break Down rytm and rules for making Art with sounds and instruments are for me the goal.. You know when its there.... At least I give it try...

http://www.ljudkonst.se/
https://soundcloud.com/lovecity-art-and-music
https://www.facebook.com/LovecityArtandMusic
Old 08-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #25
Dr Bob

@Zeekat

I remember seeing Henry Cow in the early 70's in room in York, organised by the York Musicians Coop. He had two amps on stage, used volume foot pedals to create stereo movement. Lots of wah wahs etc, very avante garde. I have a recoding on 2 track somewhere.

Interesting stuff.

dB
Dr Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:36 PM   #26
Metusalem

Default I wish I could hear Henry Cow ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bob View Post
@Zeekat

I remember seeing Henry Cow in the early 70's in room in York, organised by the York Musicians Coop. He had two amps on stage, used volume foot pedals to create stereo movement. Lots of wah wahs etc, very avante garde. I have a recoding on 2 track somewhere.

Interesting stuff.

dB
Here is my newest piece My
Thai Chi Coach saying (in swedish ) I am quite floting as he is getting 60 ..thats a amacing kind of expression... thanks for listening...
And I use Ableton to Improvise and Reaper to Arrange and back and fort and back and fort aso..I could not make anything without them

https://soundcloud.com/lovecity-art-...airly-hovering
Old 09-01-2014, 06:16 AM   #27
saresu.bass

Soundpainting
saresu.bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #28
Repetition Compulsion

Quote:

www.ljudkonst.se
I'm not a big fan of this idea. I'm probably biased because electric guitar/bass are all I play....

We don't make up new languages to write in because every word has been written in english (or any other language). We don't stop painting because all the colors have been used and every paintable subject has been covered and every paintable object painted.

So it is with music and the various instruments that make it up. Just because there are a million bands out there playing metal with two guitars a bass & drums doesn't mean that I shouldn't bother with it on the principle that anything I might do has already been done. Every technique I'll use has been used, every interval, just about every musical idea--and used at a level of skill much higher than my own. I won't refute that. But that doesn't change the fact I want to hear whats in my head come out of my speakers, and the most effective way to do that is through the use of two guitars a bass & a drum kit.

I have nothing against progressive music such as yours. I was listening to the track described here when I started typing this and now its gone on to the next one on the list. I've found both very interesting--I could definitely see having one hell of a ride listening to these with some illicit substances, or simply alone in a dark room in the wee hours of the morning will furiously working away at something like a writing or a drawing.
Repetition Compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #29
Metusalem

Default To Repetion Compulsion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repetition Compulsion View Post
I'm not a big fan of this idea. I'm probably biased because electric guitar/bass are all I play....

We don't make up new languages to write in because every word has been written in english (or any other language). We don't stop painting because all the colors have been used and every paintable subject has been covered and every paintable object painted.

So it is with music and the various instruments that make it up. Just because there are a million bands out there playing metal with two guitars a bass & drums doesn't mean that I shouldn't bother with it on the principle that anything I might do has already been done. Every technique I'll use has been used, every interval, just about every musical idea--and used at a level of skill much higher than my own. I won't refute that. But that doesn't change the fact I want to hear whats in my head come out of my speakers, and the most effective way to do that is through the use of two guitars a bass & a drum kit.

I have nothing against progressive music such as yours. I was listening to the track described here when I started typing this and now its gone on to the next one on the list. I've found both very interesting--I could definitely see having one hell of a ride listening to these with some illicit substances, or simply alone in a dark room in the wee hours of the morning will furiously working away at something like a writing or a drawing.
Oh I think that You wrote a very very vice answer, thank You, and of cource everybody that plays a instrument should enjoy the live with music.I have the deepest respect. But the technology develops and gives new tools to the creative spirit, how to play, how to make new sounds. The Electric guitar and bass has gone true a amacing Development for a long long time, midi guitars,controllers, loopers, strange pedals ect. ect
For me being a(former) Guitar and Bassplayer. It suddenly stopped, maybe overconsumsion and maybe out of lazyness I stopped practise and writing songs and listening to music..for a long long time..
I still keep some instruments, but they are collecting dust.
I found back to creativity in the new World of musical colours, how to use Words and new brushes of sounds newer before possible, the revoulution of DAW s and Computers and I feel Lucky becauce to feel creative and create are something that is life it self for me. And could not imagen living with out it.

Your reflection over my music, art ,soundpainting made my day and a big smile and warm inside...Thank You I could not wish for a better feedback.

"Music ( and Art ) is Your only friend until the end"