Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 08-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #1
jeremiah_hill
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper goes crazy and seems overloaded

Hey everyone, first problem ever, love reaper.

So, i chronically have this problem where if i get above about 6 tracks with a few vsts on them my reaper freaks the hell out and bogs down super slow (makes weird noises, stutters, is unusable. i have to restart it) either during playback or during recording. when i check my system details tho it shows that my cpu usage is still within comfortable limits.

i'm running 8 gigs of ram.

also, i did update my interface so it shouldn't be that. happens when i just run on the computer's sound card too.

i think that maybe it's drawing from previous takes that i'm not using and that aren't shown on the screen.

any tips would help! it's kind of a bummer to be limited to under ten tracks and such.

-jer
jeremiah_hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #2
Mr. Data
Human being with feelings

Hi Jeremiah and welcome to Reaperland!

Could you possibly give a bit more of information, e.g. what computer, soundcard, soundcard settings, sound drivers, VSTs you use?

Did you try to render the outputs to new takes and switch of FX chains and try if it works then?

-Data