Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 10-07-2015, 07:42 PM   #1
Aleblaster
Human being with feelings

Default Where is the Reaper application launch folder?

Not to sound stupid but I can't seem to find much of any of my Reaper info on my Mac. I'm not only new to Reaper but relatively new to Mac. Here's where I'm at: Reaper has been successfully installed a couple months ago and I'm finally getting to work with it now. I downloaded a "lame" MP3 encoder file. In the Users Guide 1.6 it says unzip and drag the dynamic library file into their REAPER application launch folder. Where do I find that folder?
Aleblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #2
vdubreeze

I figured someone would have jumped in by now, so I'll give this my best shot, though I rank somewhere around #6352 here for Reaper knowledge.

The folder that Reaper's files go into is in User/Library/Application Support/Reaper. Having said that there seems to have been a little confusion about the best place for the lame lib to reside. But wherever you put it, when you ask it to create an mp3 and specify LAME it will ask for the path where the lib is, so you just show it and it finds it. IIRC, I had installed in previously elsewhere, but when I first used it in Reaper it just asked for the path.

I think.
vdubreeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #3
serr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleblaster View Post
Not to sound stupid but I can't seem to find much of any of my Reaper info on my Mac. I'm not only new to Reaper but relatively new to Mac. Here's where I'm at: Reaper has been successfully installed a couple months ago and I'm finally getting to work with it now. I downloaded a "lame" MP3 encoder file. In the Users Guide 1.6 it says unzip and drag the dynamic library file into their REAPER application launch folder. Where do I find that folder?
I'm going to guess that this is another case of inconsistent language in the manual and that it meant to say the "Reaper resource folder".

This is located at ~/Library/Application Support/Reaper
(Note the "~" - this is your home folder library.)

(Note also that this is a hidden folder after OSX 10.7! A faux pas IMHO...
Hold the option key while clicking the GO menu or make a Finder sidebar shortcut for it. You can also open it from Reaper by selecting 'show resource folder'.)

This is the place where settings and configurations are stored. The idea is you can update the Reaper.app file any time and still keep your settings.

Last edited by serr; 10-08-2015 at 03:15 PM.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #4
Aleblaster

Default Thank you VDUBreeze and Serr

Thank you VDUBreeze and Serr. Got it! I forgot about that "hold down the Option" deal. There will surely be more inquiries soon. Much appreciated.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:57 PM   #5
jrengmusic

the easiest way
  • Open REAPER
  • Options - Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder
jrengmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #6
Aleblaster

Got it. Thank you and sorry for the late response.