Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 01-21-2017, 05:00 AM   #1
rvrv
Human being with feelings

Default High contrast piano roll in MIDI editor - How ?

Hello iam learning piano and i want to have visual aid representing keys on keyboard (white and black keys) - Reaper is pretty good in this i just want to increase the contrast between white and black keys in MIDI editor piano roll

i used photoshop to show what my theme looks like NOW and how id like to tweak it to INCREASE contrast between white and black keys in piano roll... the high contrast version is just simulated in photoshop... id like to know how to do this in reaper theme file...

THANKS

see attached screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg piano-roll.jpg (38.7 KB, 4899 views)
rvrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
Pet

Hi,
and welcome here!

You can adjust that in the theme tweak/configuration window.

To find that, open your action window and search for "theme" (without quotes).
Open "Theme Development: Show theme element finder" and "Theme Development: Show theme tweak/configuration window". If you need more informations, read this post from the thread Change Reaper's Gray Background Color?

HTH,
Peter
Old 01-31-2017, 04:30 AM   #3
wakodoha

Thanks Pet! I had the same wish and now I have my darker sharps!
This software is so deep, I'm not sure even the developers know about everything that's inside.
wakodoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:46 AM   #4
Pet

You're welcome! Happy I could help!
Old 02-09-2017, 01:05 AM   #5
rvrv

Hello iam the OP. Very sorry i replied soooooo late. I had zero free time to play around with music until today Thanks for the tip and SUPER FAST REPLY Pet. Its exactly what i needed - wonderfull, now i have piano roll high contrast - makes it faster to identify keys at a glance... THANKS

Actually as iam playing around with the awesome tip from Pet i found out id like to chnage the "color of the line separator between white E and F keys" - marked in red on my picture...

E/F are 2 white keys next to each other and reaper draws a line separator between them. The color of this E/F separator is determined by value in "MIDI editor background color (sharps/flats)" so in my example the E/F separator is green...

Is there any way to:

a) chnage its color because it seems there is no separate color picker for the E/F keys separator...
OR
b) make it go away (no seprator line at all between E/F)

Some tweak / config hack to do a) or b) ?

This sounds like a detail but it greatly simplifies reading notes of piano roll in fast live playing - by removing E/F separator the piano roll now LOOKS TOTALY LIKE A KEYBOARD LAYOUT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet View Post
Hi,
and welcome here!

You can adjust that in the theme tweak/configuration window.

To find that, open your action window and search for "theme" (without quotes).
Open "Theme Development: Show theme element finder" and "Theme Development: Show theme tweak/configuration window". If you need more informations, read this post from the thread Change Reaper's Gray Background Color?

HTH,
Peter
Attached Images
File Type: gif e_f_saprator.gif (56.0 KB, 2351 views)

Last edited by rvrv; 04-01-2017 at 04:39 AM.
rvrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:47 AM   #6
Pet

Hi rvrv,
glad I could help!

But this time I'm sorry, it's the same color as the "MIDI Editor background color (sharps/flats)" and can't be changed separately, afaik.

But another little tip: in the element finder you can click the "Find color" dropdown menu and as expected it drops down.
But that's not the trick yet. Click it again to close it, but stay in that field with your cursor.
If you now move the mousewheel, you can scroll through the colors without having to click each one every time.
Works with the images too, but not as fast.

Try that also on track/mixer layouts and others...