Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #41
morelia
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nip View Post
Since Cubase seems to generate the same problem, Waves are so supply a fix for it.
Yep, so the solution to their problem could very well benefit me. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Thereby was my former question if your Wavelab was x64 or not! If x64, x86 version might also have problem doing authorization of Waves stuff.
Been trying Reaper 64 out and it seems to work fine with Waves.

Quote:
But as said - I have no problems with x86 plugins so far i x64. If Reapers bridging is not doing the job Jbridge might. Greater chance of working than Waves getting a fix soon.
I never knew the bridging was a behind the scenes process. I just copied my vst plugin folder to another directory and most of it worked.

One question. If I work in 64 bit and then go back to 32 when Waves sort things out will I be able to open the same projects in Reaper 32?
morelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #42
suntsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkesin View Post
Never mind. Fixed it with the Toneboosters permissions trick. Go to the appropriate waveshell file right click > properties > security tab > advanced button > owner tab > Edit button > select the user account you are currently logged into > ok button to close all windows.

Point reaper VST scan to this waveshell. Works like a charm.
I made something similar, I granted to every groups and users fullright on the folder containing the WaveShell and it works now like charm...
Old 09-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #43
Dutchy

Hi everyone,

I've read through all this now, and I apparently have a similar problem. I'm running Reaper (32bit) and my Waves V9(R4)plugins aren't working like they should.
They load fine and do their jobs perfectly, but as soon as I close them to go somewhere else Reaper crashes for unknown reasons. I think it has something to do with me running everything at 32bit. None of my other plugins show this kind of behaviour, and the Waves plugs are passing and changing the sound the way they should.
I don't feel like going through the process of reinstalling Windows and all of my software again, so is there any other option? I tried some of the stuff in this thread (like giving every account full control of the Waves V9 folder), but nothing helped yet.
I am able to load a Waves plugin, save the project (by moving the plugin screen, clicking on something in Reaper while still showing the plugin screen and then using ctrl S). I can then load the project, but the Waves plugin shows immediatly, and then it's the same story again.

My system:
Dell Inspiron 1545
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32Bit
Latest version of Reaper (32bit as well)
Focusrite Asio drivers (Saffire 6 USB)

Dutchy
Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #44
Nip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
Hi everyone,

I've read through all this now, and I apparently have a similar problem. I'm running Reaper (32bit) and my Waves V9(R4)plugins aren't working like they should.
They load fine and do their jobs perfectly, but as soon as I close them to go somewhere else Reaper crashes for unknown reasons. I think it has something to do with me running everything at 32bit. None of my other plugins show this kind of behaviour, and the Waves plugs are passing and changing the sound the way they should.
I don't feel like going through the process of reinstalling Windows and all of my software again, so is there any other option? I tried some of the stuff in this thread (like giving every account full control of the Waves V9 folder), but nothing helped yet.
I am able to load a Waves plugin, save the project (by moving the plugin screen, clicking on something in Reaper while still showing the plugin screen and then using ctrl S). I can then load the project, but the Waves plugin shows immediatly, and then it's the same story again.

My system:
Dell Inspiron 1545
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32Bit
Latest version of Reaper (32bit as well)
Focusrite Asio drivers (Saffire 6 USB)

Dutchy
When I bought another Waves product a week or so ago it was v9r6, so just do an update from Waves on your stuff if your version is lesser revision.

I've running x64 all the time so I could not tell about x86.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:19 AM   #45
Dutchy

Some more info, it happens when I try to "unfloat" the FX window that is showing the Waves plug. I updated from 5.something, and the old stuff worked just fine, so I really don't know where to start.

Dutchy
Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #46
zillboe

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelia View Post
That's a big problem that Waves don't support Reaper. All I know is v8 worked and v9 is either problematic or won't let a project load at all. For the record I'm using all v9 Waves plugins. Seems I'm in the lucky position of having a problem that neither Waves or Cockos can help with. Funny thing is the reason I finally made the break from Tracktion to Reaper was because Tracktion had Waves plugins problems. Now I'm here again.

Any luck?

I CANT get Reaper 64bit (Win7) to even SEE Waves 9 x64 or 32bit!!! This sux as now i have to use sucky AcidP7 to access Waves stuff... like said, Waves doesnt support Reaper, so my free support with them does nothing-they WONT even discuss it. Strangely, on my 32bit XP PC, it works fine (Reaper and Waves !) HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zillboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #47
vidalsh

I running reaper x32/x64 with waves 9r7 x32/x64 and runs so fine under w7x64/w8x64...

1) separate folders for waves vst x32 and x64...in reaper vst plug ins settings scan put x32 folder to read first than x64 folder...

2) waves plug ins must be out of x32/x64 vst folders (into default waves installation folder), waves uses waveshell and waveslib dll´s to call waves plug ins into waves folder...

3) in your x32 vstplugins folder you must to have this 2 files:
waveshell-vst_x.x.dll
waveslib_x.x_win32.dll

and in your x64 vstplugins folder:
waveshell-vst_x.x_x64.dll
waveslib_x.x_win64.dll

vidalsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #48
zillboe

Thanks...i'll try it... hope it works !!!

If so , youre a life saver !!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #49
zillboe

I have the Default waves Folder in x32/x86 Programs, BUT there is NOT a Waves default folder in x64 Programs...does that matter?

also, Waves tech (via remote) added a New "Waves" folder in x32 Prog>VST and put Waveshell dll in it, to seperate it from Waves Lib dll, it fixed an issue in Acid (wasnt seeing 1 plug).....
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #50
zillboe

tried it...no luck... could it be some weird Permissions issue related to Win7 (XP Pc works fine) ? Reaper is TOTALLY Ignoring Waves on Re-Scans.

BTW-Reaper did NOT see Waves prior to the new folder Waves tech added, so it was same before and after (i can move the x32 Waveshell back so not seperated from WaveLib, but Reaper STILL wont see it).

In Sony AcidP7, i have assigned the SAME Folders for VST and it SEES all of them, why is REAPER different here?

Last edited by zillboe; 12-04-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #51
vidalsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillboe View Post

In Sony AcidP7, i have assigned the SAME Folders for VST and it SEES all of them, why is REAPER different here?
ACID doesn´t support x64 plug ins, acid has no bridge, acid is only x32 app and only support x32 plugs...

If you want to use x32&x64 at same time you need to separate x32/x64 vst....folders

as I said before, you must to have those 2 files...waveshell is put by default by installation, but waveslib....dlls are into waves installation folder (program files x86/waves/plug-ins...and you need to copy/paste waveslib_x.x_win32 to the waveshell.dll x32 folder and waveslib_x.x_win64 to the waveshell_x64.dll...

if reaper still doesn´t view waves plug ins...them re scan the vst preferences...
Old 12-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #52
zillboe

i see.. so if i ran Reaper x32 instead of x64 (on Win7x64) it would see it?

As far as SEPERATE Files for x32 and x64, what do you mean? Do you mean i need to take the 64bit Waves Plugins OUT of the Default Waves folder in the 32bit directory and MOVE them to a NEW Waves Folder in the 64bit directory (c/programs/waves/____), BUT not in the 64bit VST?

for example, my folders are like this:

64bit:
-C/Programs/VST/ Waveshell x64 and WaveLibx64 dlls only

32 bit:
-C/Prgrams X86/ Waves Default folder (32bit and 64bit plugins)
-C/Programs X86/VST/ Waveshellx32 and WaveLibx32 (Waveshell was moved into a discrete folder by Waves)

Both of above have NO Wave Plugins in the VST Folders.

...Do i need to change this around or should i just go to Reaper x32 (on a 64bit pc) ?

Thanks !!!

Last edited by zillboe; 12-05-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #53
vidalsh

sorry for my english...

try this:

in you 64 bit: c/programs/vst folder put waveshell-vst_x.x_x64.dll and
waveslib_x.x_win64.dll

in your 32 bit: programs x86/vst folder put waveshell-vst_x.x.dll and
waveslib_x.x_win32.dll

*** the 32 bit: c/programs/ waves default folder must NOT be scann by reaper vst scan prefs...ONly scan the vst´s folders...x86 first and then x64 in that order...
Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #54
zillboe

i see.. the 2 dlls are fine BUT i was scanning the Waves Default Folder... How do i SEE the Scan list so can delete it (its so long it only shows small section) ?

here is the list:

C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64);C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit;C:\Program Files\Steinberg;C:\Program Files\Nomad Factory;C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns;C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia;C:\Program Files (x86)\iZotope;C:\Program Files (x86)\Native Instruments;C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg;C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins;C:\Program Files (x86)\Line6\POD Farm\VST;C:\Program Files (x86)\Line6\POD Farm 2\VST;C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins;C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\SONiVOX;C:\Program Files (x86)\SONiVOX\DVI\DVI Hofner Beatle Bass;C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\SONiVOX;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\New folder;C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\New folder;C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\SONiVOX;C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\SONiVOX;C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\SONiVOX;C:\Program Files (x86)\SONiVOX

do i need to delete it and re-do in order , x32 first ????

Last edited by zillboe; 12-05-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #55
zillboe

FIXED !!!! Dont know what i did. I did DELETE the Scan to Waves Default folder , but i did not re-order it yet to 32 bit first then 64. Then i FORCED a Cache Clear and Scan...Now they show up !!!

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!