Old 06-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #1
tomrip
Human being with feelings

Default maschine mk1

hello all, i bought a mk1 for 100 bucks. it came with no software. is there a way to use this to program drums in reaper? i have ez drummer installed. i have it connected with usb, and can also use midi. i don't see it anywhere in reaper thought to use it as a controller.
tomrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:17 PM   #2
buddhajuke

On the mk-2 it's shirt + control to turn on midi controller mode, not sure what it is with mk1. You *might* need software called "controller editor" from Native Instruments
buddhajuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
tomrip

i get it to midi mode. its hooked to pc with usb with drivers installed. i also have a midi cable going to my firestudio project. i cant get any midi signal from it. it definitely shows its in midi mode on the maschine. i will look for that software.
tomrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:11 AM   #4
buddhajuke

Are you on a Mac? Bomes midi monitor is a good tool for troubleshooting midi stuff.

I do know that a lot of times in the past when I had midi trouble in reaper it was because I made changes in midi preferences and forgot to hit the "apply" button
buddhajuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:23 PM   #5
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrip View Post
i get it to midi mode. its hooked to pc with usb with drivers installed. i also have a midi cable going to my firestudio project. i cant get any midi signal from it. it definitely shows its in midi mode on the maschine. i will look for that software.
In Reaper's Preferences -> Audio -> MIDI Devices are the correct MIDI-inputs and options activated?
- Enable input
- Enable input for control messages

The Controller Editor can be found here: http://www.native-instruments.com/en...s-other-files/

And you can find some additional hints in general in the NI Knowledge Base: http://www.native-instruments.com/en...-in-midi-mode/

Last edited by solger; 06-11-2016 at 01:29 PM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote